Buhner protocol - questions for CdB!!!

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Nikkie111
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:26 am

Buhner protocol - questions for CdB!!!

Postby Nikkie111 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:03 am

Hi CdB - many thanks for agreeing to help out
Thought it'd be better to list all questions in separate thread in case anyone finds this beneficial as well

Just a quick one- Buhner has mentioned multiple times that tinctures are the next best thing after whole herbs
What about alcohol in the tinctures? Isn't that concerning especially as we give so many of them?

CdB
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:12 pm

Re: Buhner protocol - questions for CdB!!!

Postby CdB » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:02 pm

Tinctures are diluted in a pomegranate juice so there's little alcohol there by volume. I was dealing with pre teen and teen and never seen anything bad from it. Bear in mind that a health food like Kefir will have from .5 to 2% alcohol and has been given to the little ones. Alcohol will also cross the BBB which makes tinctures more effective. There is also glycerine based tincture which will contain no alcohol. Many people will use powdered herbs mix together, put boiling water in, put lid on it and wait an hour and then consume. Other ways are using capsule.

Nikkie111
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:26 am

Re: Buhner protocol - questions for CdB!!!

Postby Nikkie111 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:26 pm

Ok great will put water in it!!! Hadn't realised hat it crosses the brain
And could you please confirm that Chinese and baikal skullcap is the same??

Also did you use Kudzu at all?

CdB
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:12 pm

Re: Buhner protocol - questions for CdB!!!

Postby CdB » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:34 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:And could you please confirm that Chinese and baikal skullcap is the same??
Also did you use Kudzu at all?


Yes, they are the same but make sure that it says Baikal Skullcap as you don't know who label it.

Yes I used it at one point in a rotation but can say it did anything.

Nikkie111
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:26 am

Re: Buhner protocol - questions for CdB!!!

Postby Nikkie111 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:19 am

CdB wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:And could you please confirm that Chinese and baikal skullcap is the same??
Also did you use Kudzu at all?


Yes, they are the same but make sure that it says Baikal Skullcap as you don't know who label it.

Yes I used it at one point in a rotation but can say it did anything.



Ok got it (I ordered it as it looked good :lol: )
Ok last few and then won't bother you for a while :wink:
Was you daughter on very restrictive diet while in the protocol? And now?
Is it worth giving him the yeast stuff is the body supposed to fight it by itself?
Would you know which is more potent for Klebsiela? Is it cryptolepis or alchornea? :D

CdB
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:12 pm

Re: Buhner protocol - questions for CdB!!!

Postby CdB » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:38 am

Nikkie111 wrote:Was you daughter on very restrictive diet while in the protocol? And now?
Is it worth giving him the yeast stuff is the body supposed to fight it by itself?
Would you know which is more potent for Klebsiela? Is it cryptolepis or alchornea? :D


No special diet here, my daughter is too strong willed too listen.

Buhner says you need both but if you gonna do one, do the Cryptolepis, it's a mother of all anti microbials but make sure to do probiotics two hours away from herbs. I gave kefir smoothies every day.

Nikkie111
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:26 am

Re: Buhner protocol - questions for CdB!!!

Postby Nikkie111 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:17 am

CdB wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:Was you daughter on very restrictive diet while in the protocol? And now?
Is it worth giving him the yeast stuff is the body supposed to fight it by itself?
Would you know which is more potent for Klebsiela? Is it cryptolepis or alchornea? :D


No special diet here, my daughter is too strong willed too listen.

Buhner says you need both but if you gonna do one, do the Cryptolepis, it's a mother of all anti microbials but make sure to do probiotics two hours away from herbs. I gave kefir smoothies every day.


Ok didn't do that actually probably gave probiotics just before :(
Thanks a lot CdB much appreciated- just ordered the Antivirals book as well for my 2yo who has one virus after another and is actually regressing straight after so waiting is not an option!! hopefully I won't have to ask you any antiviral questions 8)

CdB
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:12 pm

Re: Buhner protocol - questions for CdB!!!

Postby CdB » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:40 am

Few more things as I just remember them, Cryptolepis is only available in tinctures, get it from https://www.elkmountainherbs.com/ 1st choice or http://www.woodlandessence.com/herbal.htm if Elk don't have it in stock. Full dose is 30-40 drops for 150lbs man so you'll adjust for the weight of your child.

Second, if viruses are a problem stay away from the Arginine and supplement with Lysine. Do the research on it. http://www.herpes.com/Nutrition.shtml

Also, Olive leaf is very potent anti-viral and oil of oregano but it needs to be diluted.

Also you need lots of vitamin C when dealing with viral infections, we're talking about grams not milligrams.

Nikkie111
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:26 am

Re: Buhner protocol - questions for CdB!!!

Postby Nikkie111 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:23 pm

That's extremely helpful!!!!!
Ok one last one... These herbs are so high phenol shall I give an enzyme to break it down or there is risk it harms the herb what do you think?

CdB
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:12 pm

Re: Buhner protocol - questions for CdB!!!

Postby CdB » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:41 pm

Never used enzymes with the herbs or heard about it.

Nikkie111
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:26 am

Re: Buhner protocol - questions for CdB!!!

Postby Nikkie111 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:50 pm

Ok might skip it then!!

Thank you again extremely useful info :) :) :)

Nikkie111
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:26 am

Re: Buhner protocol - questions for CdB!!!

Postby Nikkie111 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:47 am

CdB I'm really confused about something, how do I know for which herb the 'root' is better than the leaf?
My Chinese skullcap came but I think it's from the leaf... The elk mountain is not delivering to Uk so got it from another company here but I think they sent me the leaf tincture. I read his antiviral book though and it says root is better :x :x
I think I made the same mistake with the echinecea ... Sonia the root better for everything?

CdB
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:12 pm

Re: Buhner protocol - questions for CdB!!!

Postby CdB » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:05 am

Yes, skullcap is root not leaf (most of the time it's root that is used)

Nikkie111
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:26 am

Re: Buhner protocol - questions for CdB!!!

Postby Nikkie111 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:27 am

CdB wrote:Yes, skullcap is root not leaf (most of the time it's root that is used)

Thank you!!
Is it the same for red sage and uncaria rhynchophylla as well?

CdB
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:12 pm

Re: Buhner protocol - questions for CdB!!!

Postby CdB » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:45 am

Nikkie111 wrote:
CdB wrote:Yes, skullcap is root not leaf (most of the time it's root that is used)

Thank you!!
Is it the same for red sage and uncaria rhynchophylla as well?


Yes, neither is leaf, red sage is root and Uncaria Rhynchophylla is stems and hooks.Image

Nikkie111
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:26 am

Re: Buhner protocol - questions for CdB!!!

Postby Nikkie111 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:37 pm

Star again thank you :wink: :wink: :wink:

Nikkie111
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:26 am

Re: Buhner protocol - questions for CdB!!!

Postby Nikkie111 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:03 am

CdB my dear just to say a massive thank you, we upped (a lot!) the Buhner antibiotics and the progress is amazing!
We were doing the cryptolepis low dose for few months and his bacteria went from count 8 to 4. Klebsiella totally gone
So now upped quite a bit to get rid of the rest. Never seems him so amazing although he does regress from time to time pretty bad (just for hours!) and I can certainly see it's probably too much on him sometimes so I'm trying to be careful
So anyway wanted to give you a massive virtual hug and say thank you!!! I don't even know where we would have been without Buhner and all your recommendations !! Thank you!! Xx

CdB
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:12 pm

Re: Buhner protocol - questions for CdB!!!

Postby CdB » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:53 pm

Awesome!!!!!!! So happy that it's working for you, cryptolepis is magical but is also indiscriminate in large doses, it will whack the good ones too so make sure you add probiotics too.

I'm in a rebuilding the gut mode now, strep season put a dent in us, should have kept the herbs thru the strep season but I didn't, all is well now. Right now only thing I do is a Nigella Sativa aka Black seed oil, another magic thing that is so under the radar and good for so many things it's amazing.

I been making yogurts a lot and feeding the kids twice a day, focusing on heterofermenting bacteria as I think they are the ones that are needed, bifidobacterium in particular and some lactobacillus and completly avoiding homofermetative ones so no Kefir for us now.

Marya
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:14 pm

Re: Buhner protocol - questions for CdB!!!

Postby Marya » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:09 pm

CdB wrote:Awesome!!!!!!! So happy that it's working for you, cryptolepis is magical but is also indiscriminate in large doses, it will whack the good ones too so make sure you add probiotics too.

I'm in a rebuilding the gut mode now, strep season put a dent in us, should have kept the herbs thru the strep season but I didn't, all is well now. Right now only thing I do is a Nigella Sativa aka Black seed oil, another magic thing that is so under the radar and good for so many things it's amazing.

I been making yogurts a lot and feeding the kids twice a day, focusing on heterofermenting bacteria as I think they are the ones that are needed, bifidobacterium in particular and some lactobacillus and completly avoiding homofermetative ones so no Kefir for us now.

Hi CdB,
Thank you for all the information. Could you please write your way to make yogurts with specific bacteria?
I'm taking yogurt that I buy ready from shops and I feel ok. However I'm lactose intolerance but yogurts seem ok with me.

CdB
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:12 pm

Re: Buhner protocol - questions for CdB!!!

Postby CdB » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:52 am

Heat the milk, covered with lid, stirring occasionally until just about/before boiling point, remove from fire, rest for 30 minutes stirring occasionally, put a pot in cold water and cool it around 100F not higher than 105F. Pour it in 1 quart glass jar or yogurt maker, open the few capsule of probiotics and pour inside the milk, keep in a warm place for 24 hrs I use dough warmer and keep it at 102F.


Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”