Is yeast WORTH fighting? New to ASD!

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Nikkie111

Re: Is yeast WORTH fighting? New to ASD!

Postby Nikkie111 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:07 pm

Fo2 some docs do prescribe Cd57 though- my kid's doc did it and I did it as well few years ago... My Cd57 was high enough and kept on having miscarriages and only with specific immunotherapy they came down and got pregnant (in pregnancy you have to be TH2 dominant)
Not every kid is exactly the same and from reading I found that vaccines do cause a "TH2 dominance" hence autistic kids are thought to be TH2 dominant (food, seasonal allergies etc)

I agree about the inflammation all our kids have it but not sure many antiinflamatories do the trick cause if they did the problem would be solved
If our kids didn't have bacteria and yeast then yes their Nk cells would be high enough , but at least my kid does.. Quite a few ...! Yes fever is a fantastic sign of immune working, does he get them often ?
Yes summer they are bit better but could it be that we have less viruses :-)
Balance is the key isn't it?

Anyway really it's trial and error, and all kids don't have to be Th2 dominant but I m pretty sure thy are dominant in one of the two! There is no balance and that's what we are trying to correct ...

mommy4ev

Postby mommy4ev » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:42 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:
jaumeb wrote:I've tried the antifungal (nystatin, extracts, foods) approach with little success. I am "fighting" the yeast with a diet of lentils, potatoes, buckwheat, quinoa, some veggies, some wild fish, some meat, extra virgin olive oil and extra virgin coconut oil.

There is also work to do at a psychological level. When someone feels good the inmune system fights the bad yeast/fungus. When someone is stressed/threatened/angry/etc. the inmune system shuts down. The yeast "exploits" this situation by releasing all kinds of psyco-toxics that cause psychological distress.

Great that this diet worked for you, it probably help the yeast issue for us but quinoa and buckwheat would cause all sort of other issues to our gut

Wrt to immune to fight yeast and other microbial stuff you need TH1 high enough to do its job and herbs we use are helping quite a bit with pretty much everything other than yeast but I guess while other things are getting expelled yeast will always be triggered, it's something I guess we need to wait till it dies ,it's a cycle . But yes immune is the key isn't it? A good immune and none of these cr$p would be present!
I'd absolutely hate to 'kill' stuff!!! I'd rather spend energy and money raising that bl**dy immune!

Hi what is TH1? Can you explain for a newbie like myself? Thanks!

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:15 am

mommy4ev wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:
jaumeb wrote:I've tried the antifungal (nystatin, extracts, foods) approach with little success. I am "fighting" the yeast with a diet of lentils, potatoes, buckwheat, quinoa, some veggies, some wild fish, some meat, extra virgin olive oil and extra virgin coconut oil.

There is also work to do at a psychological level. When someone feels good the inmune system fights the bad yeast/fungus. When someone is stressed/threatened/angry/etc. the inmune system shuts down. The yeast "exploits" this situation by releasing all kinds of psyco-toxics that cause psychological distress.

Great that this diet worked for you, it probably help the yeast issue for us but quinoa and buckwheat would cause all sort of other issues to our gut

Wrt to immune to fight yeast and other microbial stuff you need TH1 high enough to do its job and herbs we use are helping quite a bit with pretty much everything other than yeast but I guess while other things are getting expelled yeast will always be triggered, it's something I guess we need to wait till it dies ,it's a cycle . But yes immune is the key isn't it? A good immune and none of these cr$p would be present!
I'd absolutely hate to 'kill' stuff!!! I'd rather spend energy and money raising that bl**dy immune!

Hi what is TH1? Can you explain for a newbie like myself? Thanks!

Hey there - simplistically it's cells partially representing the immune... Not to confuse you so won't go into too much detail, immune comprises from cells that cause inflammation at the site of the pathogens in order to kills them (Th1 cells) , cells that later cool down the inflamation that was created (TH2 cells) and other cells that moderate those

Asd kids have dysfunctional immune (obviously hence we don't get rid of pathogens easily) but there are multiple theories . One is that TH1 is on an overactive cycle, cause by so many pathogens and toxins and can't cool itself down so constantly pro inflammatory . Other theory that TH1 is not properly functioning, and viruses are known to fool the immune to think that a Th2 function should occur hence asd kids are more TH2 dominant hence pathogens are never attacked

The truth is that you don't know what happens with your kid unless you do a blood test to look for certain immune cytokines

We had low Nk cells and low neutrophil hence Th1 is definitely low. Not sure if Th2 is low or high but my theory is to raise Nk cells (TH1) with certain supplements (pine cone extract, earthworms supp, astragalus, maitake) and give antiinflamatory supps simultaneously to repair the inflammation later

You can get plant sterols to also modulate the immune
But the most important for us is to kill the viruses at the same time which Are known to cause a shift from Th1 to Th2

It's all an experiment really but worth it and so far so good

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”