High ZINC Hair Test results

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

splkido

High ZINC Hair Test results

Postby splkido » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:42 pm

Hi all,

I got my daughter's hair metal test and it shows ZINC 360 (ref interval is about 100-190) and LOW LI(lithium) 0.004 (ref interval -- 0.007 to 0.020).

Can any one please explain these reference levels and what could be the reasons--as well as next steps to be followed.

Thanks in advance.

makingitpossible

Re: High ZINC Hair Test results

Postby makingitpossible » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:31 am

What was the copper level? Sometimes the ratios, like copper to zinc ratio, are more important than the individual number. Are you supplementing with zinc currently? Too much zinc can decrease ceruloplasmin which carries around copper and makes copper bioavailable and less toxic. By decreasing ceruloplasmin you are making copper very toxic in the body and unavailable. Copper is essential for many things including making glutathionine.
Are you supplementing vitamin B12? If so this will further make lithium stores deplete. What kind of water are you drinking? Lithium levels in hair are very accurate and increasing lithium should improve behavior. People generally supplement with very low doses of lithium oratate. I would also suggest mineral drops in your water if you drink distilled or RO water.
We just got a hair anaylsis report and had high copper still and high zinc. The ratio still suggests copper dominance though. I would suggest finding someone to interpret the other ratios like Ca/magnesium, potassium/sodium, etc. A hair test can be a great tool!

splkido

Re: High ZINC Hair Test results

Postby splkido » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:29 pm

makingitpossible--Thanks for the response.

What was the copper level? Cu-13(11-24) Reference Level.
Are you supplementing with zinc currently? --No.
Are you supplementing vitamin B12? --NO--Planning to do (next step).
What kind of water are you drinking?--Regular not distilled not filtered.

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”