Can the "Yeast Beast" truly be beaten or gets better with age?

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Llman

Can the "Yeast Beast" truly be beaten or gets better with age?

Postby Llman » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:39 pm

It seems like I seem few posts about getting rid of yeast, seems to be a fight that many fight over and over. In addition, a lot of these posts are 5-8 years old and I'm wondering how the kiddos that were struggling with yeast are doing now.

My son is 3.5, and he is doing amazing, so much better than I could have ever imagined when he was diagnosed at 2yrs3months. Social, joint attention, eye contact, perfect receptive and expressive language, no behavior problems, not much stimming....BUT

He still has bouts of "drunk behavior" on a regular basis. Sometimes right before we go to bed, sometimes right when we wake up in the morning, and sometimes whenever. I can't really find a trend. I mean he's loopy, silly, spinning in circles, verbal stimming, laughing to himself, you know the typical yeasty behavior. Plus he is constantly scratching his anus and has a red ring down there. I am pretty confident this is yeast and for a couple of weeks I've begun to give him yeast eating enzymes (biofase) twice a day on an empty stomach and also trienza enzyme any time he has gluten/casein or something super starchy or full of carbs. I try to stick with the SCD the best I can but my hubby is not a believer and it's caused a lot of tension hence we've come to a compromise that during the week my son diets, on the weekend he can cheat (and I then give him trienza enzymes).

Anywho, can he improve? Did this work for you guys? Does this behavior ever just lessen with age? Any input would be greatly appreciated. I am starting to feel that this is the only issue that we have that really keeps him on the spectrum and makes him look different than his peers.

Thank you

jaumeb

Re: Can the "Yeast Beast" truly be beaten or gets better with age?

Postby jaumeb » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:02 am

This is something I have been working on. I have no final solution. Still learning.

williams_dad

Postby williams_dad » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:29 pm

http://spectrumsleuth.fr.yuku.com/forums/11/General/General

crazydaddy

Postby crazydaddy » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:44 pm

Llman wrote:It seems like I seem few posts about getting rid of yeast, seems to be a fight that many fight over and over. In addition, a lot of these posts are 5-8 years old and I'm wondering how the kiddos that were struggling with yeast are doing now.

My son is 3.5, and he is doing amazing, so much better than I could have ever imagined when he was diagnosed at 2yrs3months. Social, joint attention, eye contact, perfect receptive and expressive language, no behavior problems, not much stimming....BUT

He still has bouts of "drunk behavior" on a regular basis. Sometimes right before we go to bed, sometimes right when we wake up in the morning, and sometimes whenever. I can't really find a trend. I mean he's loopy, silly, spinning in circles, verbal stimming, laughing to himself, you know the typical yeasty behavior. Plus he is constantly scratching his anus and has a red ring down there. I am pretty confident this is yeast and for a couple of weeks I've begun to give him yeast eating enzymes (biofase) twice a day on an empty stomach and also trienza enzyme any time he has gluten/casein or something super starchy or full of carbs. I try to stick with the SCD the best I can but my hubby is not a believer and it's caused a lot of tension hence we've come to a compromise that during the week my son diets, on the weekend he can cheat (and I then give him trienza enzymes).

Anywho, can he improve? Did this work for you guys? Does this behavior ever just lessen with age? Any input would be greatly appreciated. I am starting to feel that this is the only issue that we have that really keeps him on the spectrum and makes him look different than his peers.

Thank you

I am at the beginning of our biomed journey with my son and am curious what has worked for you - was it the SCD diet alone?

How was your son at 2 years and 3 months to start with? And what have you done since for 1 year+ to get him to this great point?

Thank you very much for your feedback

Llman

Postby Llman » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:18 am

At 20 months my son had no words, no joint attention, nada. He lost all eye contact around this age. We started speech therapy and he did start to speak. But a lot of echolalia, functional speech was there but only to get needs met. He was speaking in phrases by 2 yrs 3 months but no joint attention, not engaged. I did a lot of floortime at home, we did and are doing ABA 30 hrs a week, and we did change diet to SCD like I said when I can and I have added digestive enzymes for the weekend. Also we stopped doing processed food and I never let him have MSG.

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”