Update on my 27 month son

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

crazydaddy

Update on my 27 month son

Postby crazydaddy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:26 pm

So I posted here briefly in the last 2 months or so...

I have a 27 month son who was diagnosed at 15 months. We started ABA right away and saw a bunch of local hospital doctors, pretty much all of which either concurred with the diagnosis or ordered additional testing.

None of the doctors were MAPS or related, so they gave us no clear path other than continue the intensive ABA therapy and nothing else.

What we did test:

(1) fragile X mutation and the micro-array genetic testing - came back with no mutations, etc. normal.

(2) panel for gastro/intestinal doctor review, which included the IgA and IgE, some metals?...results were on the lower range for IgA (26 on a 20-230 scale), high on the magnesium (2.4 on a 1.5 - 2.2 scale), borderline high on calcium (10.8 on a 8 - 10.5 scale), high on potassium (4.9 on a 3.2 - 4.5 scale)...

Doctor interpreted these as normal - not sure? and she was aware of his ASD diagnosis.

(3) hearing test, etc. all checked out normal and they were done at the beginning of his asd journey.

The ABA has done great wonders for him, but there was always some plateauing of skills.

Recently we went GFCFSF with him and within a month it was an amazing improvement; this kid did not like to be held, would not sit still all day long and now he is significantly calmer, etc...

We also added the COD liver oil based on the ProEFA and ProEPA formula shown on other sites that is supposed to help the ASD kids with speech and cognition.

We had a probiotic for a long term and then switched it for another that is guaranteed Gluten Free.

Recently I have ordered a genetic kit from 23andme and look forward to seeing what the results would show.

crazydaddy

Re: Update on my 27 month son

Postby crazydaddy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:59 am

I guess what I should be asking is where we go next from here...

Is methylation still a top treatment here as I see in the top interventions that MB12 injections are at the top of the list?

Or is it another round of tuning the diet + killing off yeast? And what is a good (best) test for yeast?

My wife and I were both very positively surprised at the effect of the diet change in only one month and want to add to it but we are looking for the large effects rather than the fine tunings.

Finally, what about HBOT? I see that as a treatment that works in complement with everything else and it also comes up in top interventions.

Thank you.

jaumeb

Postby jaumeb » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:22 am

I have focused on diet. Tried thousands of supps over the years with no results.

Grandmother

Postby Grandmother » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:41 am

Since your son responded to GFCFSF, consider going on to the REID diet to eliminate free glutamate.   Dr. Reid is a biochemist who cured her child and started a non-profit a couple of years ago.  She explains the problem with gluten, pasteurized dairy, and processed food. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jJj9W4uF_4
http://unblindmymind.org/

Then research the SCD diet particularly if your child has digestive problems, skipping the intro diet which would have a lot of free glutamate.  It eliminates complex carbs to heal the gut.
http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/legal/listing/
http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info ... -problems/

Grandchild's stool test was negative for yeast, but Nystatin was prescribed by pediatrician based on her behavior after a tiny bit of sugar.  Each child is different of course, but grandchild positively responded within days with cod liver oil, Nystatin, and oral MB12.  Oral MB12 was the last added, after her digestive system had healed, so no need for shots.  Also used digestive enzymes, probiotics, Epsom salt baths, vitamin C, and zinc, along with a multi-vitamin.  Regular doctors won't suggest anything except ABA, but they should tell you the safe dosages of any supplement if you ask.   You've already discovered that you have to check all supplements for gluten, but you also have to check for other additives and also things such as toothpaste.  Keep us posted. Best wishes.

rlneub

Postby rlneub » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:57 pm

Crazydaddy,

Check your messages.

crazydaddy

Postby crazydaddy » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:01 pm

rlneub wrote:Crazydaddy,

Check your messages.

Received and will call tomorrow...

monkeyman

Postby monkeyman » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:06 pm

I'm sure that PM will open the world of MB12 injections to you.

It has been one of the two biggest biomed interventions we have done, along with AC chelation.

Good luck!

crazydaddy

Postby crazydaddy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:05 pm

monkeyman wrote:I'm sure that PM will open the world of MB12 injections to you.

It has been one of the two biggest biomed interventions we have done, along with AC chelation.

Good luck!

Thanks -we are setting up an appointment to see the Dr. soon and hopefully we come out with a new major intervention.

The diet change alone has been huge for my son but he needs more to be able to catch up and normalize with regular development as much as possible.

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”