sweating

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Danielle

sweating

Postby Danielle » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:06 pm

My 6 yr old son sleeps only in his underwear, yet within 15 min of falling asleep the sheets and his hair is soaked in sweat. I know this is a imbalance of something but not sure what. Does anyone know what to do for this?
Thanks, Danielle

sashasmom

Postby sashasmom » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:41 pm

I have read that an enzyme defiency which abnormality effects the sulfur-transferase system may cause excessive sweating; especially at night.
Children with this enzyme deficiency are unable to fully metabolize certain foods and chemicals that contain phenols and amines also metabollic processes can be disturbed by Phenolic compounds and cause side effects like excessive sweating and also increased thirst.

Is your child on Phenol enzymes or do you know if he has a phenol intolerance. This may not be the answer but our DAN! says that 9 out of 10 patients have night sweats. The ones who started taking phenol enzymes their symptoms decreased.

Sweating could be many different things but this did stop when we started Kirkman's Phenol Assist. Start googling autism and night sweats and see what you can come up with.

-Crystal

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:49 am

My own son was terrible with sweating up until the gfcf diet and supplements. When his excema cleared up so did his sweating. Unfortunately, i cant define what supplement caused the sweating to cease but i think it was the diet. One day his excema just went away and so did the sweats, particularly night sweats.

I have my son eating only pears and the odd red apple or banana. If i was honest, i think it was the selenium and zinc which stopped the sweats.

cant be sure though. Its definitely a metabolism prob so its down to what they are eating and absorbing/not absorbing. Though it might be wise to get the thyroid checked as well.

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:38 pm

My son used to have terrible night sweats too. His hair is still damp on occasion, but overall it has improved a lot. No idea as to why, though, because it decreased so gradually. He is taking numerous supps. I don't know if it's one of them, or if his autonomic nervous system has just matured. Sweats are also listed among mercury poisoning symptoms.
Alex's mom

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:12 pm

Alex mom, you may be right about the system just "maturing". Just talked to my mom and she said i used to sweat as a baby too. But my son used to SWEAT! I doubt she can remember that far back what i was really like. For me it was only haveing to remember a few months back.

Dana

Postby Dana » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:26 pm

Hi Danielle,

High histamines is another that can cause excessive sweating. My son has high histamines so I make sure to supplement calcium/magnesium 1000/500 and methionine 250 mg. He never had the sweating (more of the aggressions and ocd related to histamines) but methionine may be worth a try, its an amino acid, relatively inexpensive. You could try it for a week and see if it helps :wink:

Best of luck, and let us know what you try and what finally helps :D
Dana

Danielle

sweating

Postby Danielle » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:20 pm

Hi All,
My son does take compounded amino acids with methionine. He also takes Zn and selenium among many other supplements. I think I would like to check his thyroid just to rule that out. He also has terrible blemishes on his face and the backs of his arms. Some of it is real zits with pus and others are little hard spots. He is 6 and has had it since he was 4. Maybe the sweating is causing this too?
Danielle

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”