what methods should I need to try

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

White swan

what methods should I need to try

Postby White swan » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:54 am

Hello, I'm from China, my boy, 6-year-old now. when he was 3 and more earlier, he didn't like to talk, and didn't like to touch other people. I just thought maybe my boy is a little introverted, like his father. But I'm wrong. When we took him to the hospital and did all the tests, it indicated that there is no problem with my boy. In his daily life, he likes to play himself, especially with his plane model. if I took it away, he would cry and yielded, even beat me. Then we took him to see the doctor again, they told me my boy got the ASD. we have tried the behavior therapy, speech therapy, communication intervention, but it seems that didn't work to him. He still hided from us. So what could we do for my boy? What treatment could we try again? We'd like to try every method as long as it helps my ok, that's enough as I'm so scared that he would leave me one day without saying one word.

Please help.

jaumeb

Re: what methods should I need to try

Postby jaumeb » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:17 am

I am using a diet of buckwheat, quinoa, amaranth, brown rice, some veggies, goat yogurt, some meat, some wild fish, extra virgin olive oil and extra virgin coconut oil.

White swan

Postby White swan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:08 am

Hello. So you use a diet therapy? does it work? is there any institute or hospitals you could recommend to me ? I think the technique here will be more than in China's.

jaumeb

Postby jaumeb » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:25 am

I am still experimenting. It's a bit of trial and error. For example, next week I'll stop the goat yogurt and see if there is an improvement.

crazydaddy

Postby crazydaddy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:18 pm

White swan wrote:Hello, I'm from China, my boy, 6-year-old now. when he was 3 and more earlier, he didn't like to talk, and didn't like to touch other people. I just thought maybe my boy is a little introverted, like his father. But I'm wrong. When we took him to the hospital and did all the tests, it indicated that there is no problem with my boy. In his daily life, he likes to play himself, especially with his plane model. if I took it away, he would cry and yielded, even beat me. Then we took him to see the doctor again, they told me my boy got the ASD. we have tried the behavior therapy, speech therapy, communication intervention, but it seems that didn't work to him. He still hided from us. So what could we do for my boy? What treatment could we try again? We'd like to try every method as long as it helps my ok, that's enough as I'm so scared that he would leave me one day without saying one word.

Please help.

Diet is only one component that can improve his behavior.

Are the doctors there willing to test further to determine the cause of his ASD? It could be many reasons as you can read about on these forums and different interventions need to be tried to improve the symptoms and hopefully cure your child.

White swan

Postby White swan » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:06 am

Thank you my friends. Now my boy only do some ABA, speech therapy. As for my baby's condition, what else treatment could he try? He can only count some numbers, no speaking almost, no touching to other people, only live in his own world.

Thank you

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:11 am

are you still in China? we are doing gf cf andn no sugar, limited fruit.
Does he has eczema or other food intolerance

miraclev25

Postby miraclev25 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:42 am

White swan wrote:Hello, I'm from China, my boy, 6-year-old now. when he was 3 and more earlier, he didn't like to talk, and didn't like to touch other people. I just thought maybe my boy is a little introverted, like his father. But I'm wrong. When we took him to the hospital and did all the tests, it indicated that there is no problem with my boy. In his daily life, he likes to play himself, especially with his plane model. if I took it away, he would cry and yielded, even beat me. Then we took him to see the doctor again, they told me my boy got the ASD. we have tried the behavior therapy, speech therapy, communication intervention, but it seems that didn't work to him. He still hided from us. So what could we do for my boy? What treatment could we try again? We'd like to try every method as long as it helps my ok, that's enough as I'm so scared that he would leave me one day without saying one word.

Please help.

Hi jerry ,

First - pls dont worry much and be hopeful.

my son was diagnosed at 2 years and was non verbal.
But we have seen very good improvements in past 2 years. He is now verbal, and his understanding has improved a lot. we are now working on his speech predominantly.
We are thankful for many therapists, Biomed doctors, many parents in forums, books and most importantly Family.

Try to identify his areas of issues cognition, poor memory, social etc.
Write a journal/dairy everyday to understand him more.
Read as much as you can in these forums

1. Try Gluten Free, Ceasin Free, Soy free diet. No preservatives, No MSG, No Artificial colors. Give more vegetables, Greens. use coconut oil for cooking,olive oil for dressing. try to reduce the sugar (anyform) like choclates,icecreams,wafers.To put it simple give REAL Foods.
2. Do a heavy metal/toxic blood routine to see if there is any issues.
3. Pls see if Organic acid test is available in your country. The results of this test can help to naildown the issue.
4. Biomed may help your son, refer posts of <fatherof2> on My supplement or druglist to see if it helps.

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”