What work best for intense, impulsive, verbal or phsycal aggression kids?

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Jillh

Re: What work best for intense, impulsive, verbal or phsycal aggression kids?

Postby Jillh » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:58 pm

Thanks very much!! I will definitely look into these. I will update our experience with Bacopa in a few weeks. I greatly appreciate all the input!

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:36 pm

FatherOf2 wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:I used Intellimeds.net supposed to be pure, premium but very expensive. Problem with aniracetam is that it lasts for couple of hours only and has to be taken with something fatty (I take it with omega 3). Where did you get your piracetam from? Have you thought about giving aniracetam?

I bought Piracetam as Nootropil from a UK pharmacy, shipped to USA. I looked at aniracetam, and I don't remember why I decided not to use it. I liked the safety profile of Piracetam. It is well researched even for autism in children and approved in several countries. Other forms of racetams are not as well known. But they are attractive because you need a much smaller dose. Piracetam is very bitter and you need at least 800mg dose - a horse pill.

Thanks Fo2
This link freaked me out about Piracetam hence I didn't try it, agreed though half life is much better
https://selfhacked.com/2013/07/17/why-i ... piracetam/

FatherOf2

Postby FatherOf2 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:45 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:Thanks Fo2
This link freaked me out about Piracetam hence I didn't try it, agreed though half life is much better

I saw that article. It is just a post from a user about his own personal experience: "When I experimented with piracetam, I temporarily experienced pretty bad brain fog from it and my IQ must have transiently dropped quite a bit." Then, instead of trying to understand the mechanism of action and why it caused a brain fog in him (which is unusual), he goes on criticizing piracetam and quoting all negative user experiences on internet he could find. Paraphrasing Abraham Lincoln, "If you look for the bad in <something> expecting to find it, you surely will.” That user doesn't even know that Piracetam is a synthesized analog of GABA, and you can find all kind of pros and cons with GABA too depending on an individual and his/her neurotransmitter balance. Most autistic chIdren need more GABA due to their sensory issues, which may not be the fact for that user. Many healthy adults like me don't even feel anything from taking Piracetam and other nootropics. But I did see better memory and reaction time when my son was on Piracetam for 9 months. It actually made him use words and start talking at age 3. The only reason why we stopped it was because the gains plateaued.

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:10 pm

FatherOf2 wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:Thanks Fo2

I saw that article. It is just a post from a user about his own personal experience: "When I experimented with piracetam, I temporarily experienced pretty bad brain fog from it and my IQ must have transiently dropped quite a bit." Then, instead of trying to understand the mechanism of action and why it caused a brain fog in him (which is unusual), he goes on criticizing piracetam and quoting all negative user experiences on internet he could find. Paraphrasing Abraham Lincoln, "If you look for the bad in <something> expecting to find it, you surely will.” That user doesn't even know that Piracetam is a synthesized analog of GABA, and you can find all kind of pros and cons with GABA too depending on an individual and his/her neurotransmitter balance. Most autistic chIdren need more GABA due to their sensory issues, which may not be the fact for that user. Many healthy adults like me don't even feel anything from taking Piracetam and other nootropics. But I did see better memory and reaction time when my son was on Piracetam for 9 months. It actually made him use words and start talking at age 3. The only reason why we stopped it was because the gains plateaued.

Fo2 thank you, your post does make sense
I ll try it on myself first, I'm curious to see what will happen

autismnhusa

Postby autismnhusa » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:28 am

There are some videos on youtube filming sib. One of them is Nicholas. I'm not sure if this Nicholas is the same as the one from Nicholas recovery. They ask for money.

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”