AC chelation

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

crazydaddy

AC chelation

Postby crazydaddy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:56 am

Hello,

Can somebody give me the online resources to read about the AC chelation?

Where do I start? What's the best site(s) or resource(s) to read?

Thank you!

Amenamen

Re: AC chelation

Postby Amenamen » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:43 am

Hello,
This site is informative and you can get the supplements here as well

http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/chelatio ... -protocol/

Wish you the best

crazydaddy

Postby crazydaddy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:55 pm

Thanks for this info...

Do any of these sites go into details about the age that such chelation can be started? Since it looks like it's a pill based I assume the child has to be somewhat older to be able to swallow it correctly?

What ages did you guys try it for your kids?

Thanks!

williams_dad

Postby williams_dad » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:01 pm

about ALA
http://spectrumsleuth.fr.yuku.com/topic ... ipoic-Acid

note - is old thread
some links may not work
http://spectrumsleuth.fr.yuku.com/forums/11/General/General

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:51 pm

crazydaddy wrote:Thanks for this info...

Do any of these sites go into details about the age that such chelation can be started? Since it looks like it's a pill based I assume the child has to be somewhat older to be able to swallow it correctly?

What ages did you guys try it for your kids?

Thanks!

You can mix these stuff to juice or water but dmsa apparently is disgusting!
I did Dmsa couple of rounds even for my 2 yo, for the oldest I did few more ..It's approved from 2 upwards

Just FYI we were awful on Dmps, took a while to come out of it but Dmsa as per AC protocol not bad..

autismnhusa

Postby autismnhusa » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:32 pm

Don't play with fire. AC stuff is a really a garbage

crazydaddy

Postby crazydaddy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:42 pm

autismnhusa wrote:Don't play with fire. AC stuff is a really a garbage

Can you please justify this statement with more details? Thanks for your insight!

williams_dad

Postby williams_dad » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:03 pm

autismnhusa wrote:Don't play with fire. AC stuff is a really a garbage

I cant agree with this at all
http://spectrumsleuth.fr.yuku.com/forums/11/General/General

Ani'sMom

Postby Ani'sMom » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:57 am

Did 17 rounds with ala alone. No major side effects at all considering how sensitive my kid is. I had waited way too long because of fear of something bad happening. I totally regretted not trying it earlier. Whatever gains we made after that is still there!

monkeyman

Postby monkeyman » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:37 pm

Big gains here, 17 rounds in. PM me for resources. I prefer not to share here because there are a to of ACC bashers on this forum.

autismnhusa

Postby autismnhusa » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:29 pm

First of all, there might be some connection between vaccine and autism. But an assumption that mercury inside a vaccine caused autism has not been proved. Based on my limited reading, mercury makes people dumb (like what happened in Japan way back) not something like violence (sib) occurs in autistic kids.

FatherOf2

Postby FatherOf2 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:48 am

Vaccines even without mercury can cause autism in some predisposed children. Mercury is still around us (fluorescent bulbs, dental fillings, older button cell batteries, contaminated fish), and we have to be careful about it. In most cases, improvements from chelation with ALA or DMSA have nothing to do with mercury removal but with the antioxidant action of these chelators. Some parents here followed AC protocol of giving ALA every 3 hours on weekends, some didn't and gave larger ALA doses just 3 times a day. As far as I know, these latter parents didn't see mercury moving around and making things worse as predicted by AC.

autismnhusa

Postby autismnhusa » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:13 am

Chemically, compounds containing sulfur atom (when sulfur is in a certain chemical state) may pull any metal except Na, K, Li, etc. Some metal ions are vital to enzyme functions in the human body. 3-4 hour pull time is invented by AC's imagination. No real scientific evaluations / tests were done on this

crazydaddy

Postby crazydaddy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:03 pm

monkeyman wrote:Big gains here, 17 rounds in. PM me for resources. I prefer not to share here because there are a to of ACC bashers on this forum.

PM sent...

crazydaddy

Postby crazydaddy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:05 pm

FatherOf2 wrote:Vaccines even without mercury can cause autism in some predisposed children. Mercury is still around us (fluorescent bulbs, dental fillings, older button cell batteries, contaminated fish), and we have to be careful about it. In most cases, improvements from chelation with ALA or DMSA have nothing to do with mercury removal but with the antioxidant action of these chelators. Some parents here followed AC protocol of giving ALA every 3 hours on weekends, some didn't and gave larger ALA doses just 3 times a day. As far as I know, these latter parents didn't see mercury moving around and making things worse as predicted by AC.

Have you had any experience with this yourself and can you advise on what your feedback is?

What happened to AC in the last ~15 years? My understanding was that he invented his method around the 'turn of the century' (~2000)?

FatherOf2

Postby FatherOf2 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:44 am

crazydaddy wrote:Have you had any experience with this yourself and can you advise on what your feedback is?

What happened to AC in the last ~15 years? My understanding was that he invented his method around the 'turn of the century' (~2000)?

I posted here several times my experience with AC chelation. I started when my son was 4.5. First 3 rounds were OK, I used DMSA at 6mg every 4hrs on weekends. It made my son hyper. But interestingly, he developed an interest to potty during the first 2 rounds, which was gone in the 3rd round. I increased the DMSA dose to 8mg in the 4th round. The interest didn't return. Then I increased the dose to 12.5mg in the 5th round. Again, nothing but hyperactivity. Then I added 6mg of ALA. That is when my son became extremely irritable and defiant. We stopped chelation for 1.5 months, which is how long it took for my son to recover from his behaviors. Thinking that I either raised the DMSA dose too fast or adding ALA cause the behaviors, I went back to just DMSA at 6mg. This sparked the extreme behaviors again, ant they lasted 2 months. After these 2 months, when my son recovered, I did our last 8th round, this time with DMPS. It again sparked extreme defiance and irritability for 2 more months. It was as if a defiance switch was turned on and lasted for 2 months. I never did AC chelation ever since. Some parents report similar behavioral side effects. Recommendations from chelation "experts" were to add adrenal support, anti-fungals, minerals, etc, which we did, and they didn't help. I still don't have a theory why chelation did what it did to my son. Is it sulfur intolerance? Is it removal of some essential mineral like iron? Is it an adrenal fatigue causing low blood sugar levels? The fact that the anger was the strongest in the mornings makes me think that it has something to do with adrenal fatigue, low cortisol and sugar levels. My son has very high anxiety level, which stresses his adrenal glands already. So, when chelation started stressing them even further, they eventually broke.

I am not against chelation. I just don't like people saying that chelation is good for everyone just because it helped their child (some even refer to me as a chelation basher - whatever). The fact is that no licensed medical doctor in USA practices AC chelation. At this time it is an underground treatment with recommendations coming from other parents. By the way, my son became potty trained few months after we stopped chelation.

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:08 am

i think it will depend on each child. Our doc doesn't let us use DMSA but ALA, he said my son had more chemical problem than metal, DMSA only chelate metal but not chemical. therefore, i think we need to find out the problem first and then help them recover from it

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:39 am

i-jerry wrote:i think it will depend on each child. Our doc doesn't let us use DMSA but ALA, he said my son had more chemical problem than metal, DMSA only chelate metal but not chemical. therefore, i think we need to find out the problem first and then help them recover from it

which doctor are you with? How does he know though that your boy has more of chemical issue? It'd be interesting to know
And how does he suggest you dose ALA?
cheers

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:54 am

Nikkie111 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:i think it will depend on each child. Our doc doesn't let us use DMSA but ALA, he said my son had more chemical problem than metal, DMSA only chelate metal but not chemical. therefore, i think we need to find out the problem first and then help them recover from it

which doctor are you with? How does he know though that your boy has more of chemical issue? It'd be interesting to know
And how does he suggest you dose ALA?
cheers

We did ATP, Mitochondrial membrane TL protein studies and Actin-metal binding test with Acumen. Our doctor said give him 150mg ALA ( Allergy research brand) per day, but i think it's too much for him in the beginning. Currently, we are using quicksilver package which including R-la, 2 times a day, 62mg per day.

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”