Tiptoe-ing reasons, background, and how to improve?

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

crazydaddy

Tiptoe-ing reasons, background, and how to improve?

Postby crazydaddy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:59 am

Hello,

Is there a definite reason that ASD kids tip-toe? I thought I had my son figured out when we changed his diet and his poops became more regular and better formed. The tip-toe-ing reduced almost immediately so I thought it was related to GI discomfort and/or constipation/etc.

But now I see some of it coming back even though he is continuing his GFCFSF diet.

We're in the process of reducing and/or almost eliminating sugars on the GFCFSF diet, and will try the SCD diet (minus dairy) shortly as I think my son is compatible with it.

But is there a consensus of what causes the tip-toe-ing and ways to reduce it? Best would be to fix the underlying cause of course.

FatherOf2

Re: Tiptoe-ing reasons, background, and how to improve?

Postby FatherOf2 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:44 am

My NT son is tiptoe-ing. His autistic brother doesn't. A couple of my colleges and friends are tiptoe-ing too without any signs of autism. So, I wouldn't worry about tiptoe-ing too much.

crazydaddy

Re: Tiptoe-ing reasons, background, and how to improve?

Postby crazydaddy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:02 am

FatherOf2 wrote:My NT son is tiptoe-ing. His autistic brother doesn't. A couple of my colleges and friends are tiptoe-ing too without any signs of autism. So, I wouldn't worry about tiptoe-ing too much.

It's not an overly bothersome issue but at points we see my son's body being very 'tense' and he is literally on his tip-toes like a ballerina (toes curved inwards under this feet).

We're trying to correlate it with a GI behavior (i.e. when constipated or about to have a long-needed bowel movement) but was curious if others may have experienced the same thing.

Thanks for the feedback!

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”