Bacopa

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Jillh

Bacopa

Postby Jillh » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:16 pm

I am thinking of trying Bacopa with my son in hopes of helping hyperactivity, focus and anxiety. I'd like to hear from others if they have any experience with this. Brands, dosing, side effects, positives and negatives. I found a brand that's been used in numerous clinical trials. It's called KeenMind. Thanks for any advice!!

Marya

Re: Bacopa

Postby Marya » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:07 am

Hi Jillh,
I tried it last year. It was from Himalya, 250mg. It was for only 2 months or so. So I didn't notice a big difference. However, it helped me to calm down and relax also a bit of focus. I think I will reintroduce it this year. Did you try Ginkgo by the way? And what is your full daily supplements? Sometimes you need to compine some herbs and supplements to see good results. Good luck!

Jillh

Re: Bacopa

Postby Jillh » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:40 pm

Current he takes
AM
Bioray Calm & Bioray Focus
Vitamin D3 w/ K2
Nordic Naturals EFA & EPA

Lunch
Probiotic

Dinner
Bioray Shine & Bioray Happy

Before bed
Kids Calm w Magnesium multivitamin

I use Doterra oils for calming as needed throughout the day.

He is very hyperactive. Constantly moving and scripting. We have OT through school and privately and I work a lot with him to get yoga and lots of physical activity in during the day. Screen time is very limited and we work very hard on this. It's almost as if he doesn't have control over it. I'm not looking for a magic pill here, I've been in the game too long for that:) But im hoping to find something that will help him and give him a better foundation for his therapies and school to be more successful. I did just come across a product from Banyan Botanicals called "Focus Blend". It has i the Bacopa and Ginkgo in it. I'm just at a loss as to what to try. Thanks!!!

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”