Anyone knows about Nrf2 gene activation supplements

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Marya

Anyone knows about Nrf2 gene activation supplements

Postby Marya » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:14 pm

Hi all,
I have heard of Nrf2 gene activation supplements.Tumeric, sulphorane and green tea are Nrf2 gene activation. They said autistics have inactive Nrf2 gene and that's why those supplements work great wirh some of them.
Anyone have any idea about this? I've tried MSM which I guess has sulphur and it is a source of sulphorane if I'm not mistaken. And it works great with me.

MelB1

Re: Anyone knows about Nrf2 gene activation supplements

Postby MelB1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:49 am

Marya, I don't know anything about Nrf2 gene activators but I've noticed from your other posts that you responded well to MSM and Pyconegol which are both supplements that decrease lipid peroxidation (increase glutathione peroxidase) and stabilize blood sugar. My children have autism and I probably could fall into the category of high functioning Aspbergers. The supplements that have helped us are the ones that stabilize our blood sugar. Some say that autism should be called the diabetic brain. What helps one diabetic doesn't necessarily help another but sometimes it helps to know what to pay attention to. Just a thought!

Melanie

Marya

Postby Marya » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:21 pm

MelB1 wrote:Marya, I don't know anything about Nrf2 gene activators but I've noticed from your other posts that you responded well to MSM and Pyconegol which are both supplements that decrease lipid peroxidation (increase glutathione peroxidase) and stabilize blood sugar. My children have autism and I probably could fall into the category of high functioning Aspbergers. The supplements that have helped us are the ones that stabilize our blood sugar. Some say that autism should be called the diabetic brain. What helps one diabetic doesn't necessarily help another but sometimes it helps to know what to pay attention to. Just a thought!

Melanie

Hi Melanie,
Thanks for your response.
Could you please tell me about those supplements for stabilising blood sugar and which one did you try?
I don't have a problem in my blood sugar, does that mean I still need those supplements?

MelB1

Postby MelB1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:20 pm

We actually didn't realize that our blood sugar was fluctuating because we are not diabetic. It was more a problem of sugar utilization in the brain. I am just curious because you responded so well to MSM which provides sulfur for transulfuration which utilizes B6. Have you ever tried B6 or p5p the reduced form? B6 can also help with utilization of glucose. This might not be an issue for you but you could research B6 a little.

Marya

Postby Marya » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:15 am

MelB1 wrote:We actually didn't realize that our blood sugar was fluctuating because we are not diabetic. It was more a problem of sugar utilization in the brain. I am just curious because you responded so well to MSM which provides sulfur for transulfuration which utilizes B6. Have you ever tried B6 or p5p the reduced form? B6 can also help with utilization of glucose. This might not be an issue for you but you could research B6 a little.

I see what you mean. I didn't know that even though I'm not diabetic I would have a problem of sugar in the brain. Thank you for this information!
I basically have tried B-complex which has B6 but I guess not very concentrated, however, I haven't noticed a big results as MSM.
I never heard of P5P but I will search it. Did you try it yourself? And which supplements did you try for glucose utilization?
Thanks a million :)

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”