relationship between Colostrum and Gcmaf?

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Applesaucer

Re: relationship between Colostrum and Gcmaf?

Postby Applesaucer » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:04 pm

varen2 wrote:We had great results with Goat Colostrum (Powder form from Mt Capra) and with raw Camel Colostrum (very expensive and rare).
We tried bovine (cow) colostrum with bad results (regression).

My son has Yeast overgrowth and bacterial overgrowth in his gut.
Colostrum treats leaky gut. I think it only works after being on gluten-free, sugar-free, yeast-free, dairy-free diet for quite a while. Yeast (Candida) can penetrate intestinal walls as well as bacteria making the gut "leaky". So, when the bad bacteria and yeast dies, the wall becomes "leaky". This is when colostrum helps to rebuilt the intestinal wall. Our intestinal wall is made of specific protein found in colostrum. When the wall is "destroyed" and has "holes", no matter how much probiotic you take, the good bacteria cannot attach to the intestinal wall to "recolonize" the gut. Colostrum helps rebuilt the wall creating space for the good bacteria to attach and regrow.

Colostrum is best to take together with probiotic in the morning 30 minutes before food, and again at night before bed.

In case with my son, he's been on a diet and Nystatin for 2 years, but he was getting more and more sensitive to different foods. I think his gut was getting more "leaky" because he was getting rid of yeast and bacteria. I also took colostrum and it worked for me too the same way. My food sensitivities got better.

After taking colostrum, my son gets spaced out for 2 hours, but then he gets much better. His speech gets better, he is happy, singing songs and using new words. His eye contact also gets better.

A huge boost was from Camel colostrum (raw, 5ml twice a day). The camel dairy dosen't have any more right now so we can't buy any more. But we're getting a similar effect that lasts (he is just getting better) with powder goat colostrum (Mt. Capra brand).

Your child might not be there yet (if he still has a lot of bad bacteria and no exposed walls), you might not see the same results right away. But colostrum is also good for all sorts of things. My son doesn't get colds, he has more energy, no running nose. I think colostrum helps get rid of bad strep bacteria in the gut as well.

Mt. Capra colostrum powder is a mix of dry colostrum and dry goat milk. I found that giving my son powder has mixed results. You never know how much colostrum was in that dose of goat milk powder. The colostrum itself is clear or white granules. I use a sieve to separate colostrum granules from goat cream. When I sift powder through a sieve, I only have colostrum granules left.

Then I use very sensitive weights to measure 10 mg of colostrum:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ESHDG ... 1PIBKZ0_ri

We've started with 10 mg of colostrum powder 2 months ago and now he takes 35 mg twice a day. It's a huge boost for his speech. We stopped homeopathic remedies because they do the same thing as colostrum, and he can't take them at the same time.

Camel milk can also interfere with colostrum. If you give them together, you'll need to work out the appropriate dose. Too much will make your child cranky, too little won't have any effect.

@Varen2. Thanks again for your meticulous posts. Carrying on from another post of yours on Colostrum - my DS was in the same situation - gfcf for a long time, nystatin, food sensitivities that resulted in irritability, angry tantrums, and signs of discomfort in the abdomen. Tried Capra Colostrum following the method you had described. I gave the first dose (10mg colostrum + L Plantarum + L Rhamnosus) this weekend morning, and within a few hours there was increased eye contact, some lucid speech ( he's pretty high functioning and 'normal' in all aspects, expect for the leaky gut issues), and increased attention spans during play; no tantrums, behavior was engaging - it was so good. He did pass stools 3 times that day - well formed, no discomfort. We'll continue with Capra colostrum and see if we can get off DMG ( started a week back), and hold off on Carcinosin.
Would be interested in knowing a couple of things : how long you had to keep up the colostrum + probiotic + nystatin protocol. Did you see any drastic changes in your DS's stools ? and any signs to watch out for there? Were you able to get him off Nystatin eventually?

Thanks for taking the time.

varen2

Postby varen2 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:08 am

Sorry took me a long time to answer. We're still taking nystatin almost the same dose every day. But with goat colostrum we're expanding his diet and his speech is so much better. I've stopped giving him Goat colostrum for a few weeks and all his food sensitivities came back. So we're still taking Mt Capra goat colostrum, currently 70mg twice a day. You need to gradually increase colostrum dose by 3-5mg every 5-7 days or as needed.

We're not giving any probiotics any more. Somehow they've stopped working for my son and he was too silly or too cranky with them.

But I'm making GcMAF kefir at home - it's amazing. My son gets so social with GcMAF kefir, his speech gets better every day. I honestly think GcMAF kefir is the answer to overcoming autism altogether. Please google GcMAF protein and do some research on this topic. Also, some parents have posted some feedback on Bravo kefir /probiotic, and GcMAF intravenous injections here. This is all true, this works so well I should sit down and post a homemade recipe of GcMAF kefir here. My son still has issues with social interactions, otherwise he is almost normal in everyday life. With GcMAF kefir, he says "hi" to people outside and wants to share his thoughts with everyone. Imagination, receptive speech, eye contact is better. Everything is better with GcMAF kefir. He gets quiet and plays by himself for 2 hours after taking GcMAF kefir, then he has a short cry (gets a bit upset), and then he gets very interactive and social for 3-4 hours. It works, you should try it.

We don't have money to buy Bravo probiotic from Europe. I believe it's very expensive. I found that Goat Milk fermented with 1000mg of Mt Capra Goat colostrum granules per liter and certain probiotic strains work just fine. You don't need to buy expensive Bravo probiotic online, you can make one at home for a fraction of the cost.

GcMAF kefir is very strong. My son took 30ml of this GcMAF kefir and got a fever and upset stomach for a few days.

Be very careful with the dose. Get a syringe and measure 1ml of kefir twice a day on empty stomach. Take together with 4,000 Units of Vit D. GcMAF protein has to bind with Vitamin D to have an effect.

Don't give more than 1ml of GcMAF kefir for the first time. Gradually increase the dose by 0.5ml.

My son is currently taking 4ml of GcMAF kefir twice a day. A small increase in dose makes him super cranky. If you see negative results, reduce the dose. You can ferment GcMAF kefir with 500mg of goat colostrum granules per liter of Milk. This will make a smaller GcMAF dose per 1ml of kefir.

You can take GcMAF kefir yourself (you'll have plenty left). I'm taking 50-80ml twice a day and I love it. Too much GcMAF kefir might result in diarrhea..this is how you'll find the right dose for you and your son. If the stool is too runny, reduce the dose.

My sons stool is great, well digested and formed. This is the result of a combination of factors:

Camel Milk was great, gave his stool greenish color and stinky smell (it helps detoxify the liver, hence stinky smell);
Homemade kefir with goat milk - recipe posted by me somewhere else on this forum;
GcMAF kefir - definitely makes his stool softer (but my son was prone to constipation, this is good for us)...

In Turkey it is considered normal to have stool 3 times a day. If they have it twice a day, it is a concern and abnormality. Our pediatrician confirmed that 2-3 times a day is perfect. Once a day is ok. My son goes once a day, but he is prone to constipation...

Stool should be well digested. Homemade Goat kefir or probiotic is great to get well digested stool.

Good luck!

varen2

Postby varen2 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:36 pm

Applesaucer wrote:
varen2 wrote:We had great results with Goat Colostrum (Powder form from Mt Capra) and with raw Camel Colostrum (very expensive and rare).

Colostrum treats leaky gut. I think it only works after being on gluten-free, sugar-free, yeast-free, dairy-free diet for quite a while. Yeast (Candida) can penetrate intestinal walls as well as bacteria making the gut "leaky". So, when the bad bacteria and yeast dies, the wall becomes "leaky". This is when colostrum helps to rebuilt the intestinal wall. Our intestinal wall is made of specific protein found in colostrum. When the wall is "destroyed" and has "holes", no matter how much probiotic you take, the good bacteria cannot attach to the intestinal wall to "recolonize" the gut. Colostrum helps rebuilt the wall creating space for the good bacteria to attach and regrow.

Colostrum is best to take together with probiotic in the morning 30 minutes before food, and again at night before bed.

In case with my son, he's been on a diet and Nystatin for 2 years, but he was getting more and more sensitive to different foods. I think his gut was getting more "leaky" because he was getting rid of yeast and bacteria. I also took colostrum and it worked for me too the same way. My food sensitivities got better.

After taking colostrum, my son gets spaced out for 2 hours, but then he gets much better. His speech gets better, he is happy, singing songs and using new words. His eye contact also gets better.

A huge boost was from Camel colostrum (raw, 5ml twice a day). The camel dairy dosen't have any more right now so we can't buy any more. But we're getting a similar effect that lasts (he is just getting better) with powder goat colostrum (Mt. Capra brand).

Your child might not be there yet (if he still has a lot of bad bacteria and no exposed walls), you might not see the same results right away. But colostrum is also good for all sorts of things. My son doesn't get colds, he has more energy, no running nose. I think colostrum helps get rid of bad strep bacteria in the gut as well.

Mt. Capra colostrum powder is a mix of dry colostrum and dry goat milk. I found that giving my son powder has mixed results. You never know how much colostrum was in that dose of goat milk powder. The colostrum itself is clear or white granules. I use a sieve to separate colostrum granules from goat cream. When I sift powder through a sieve, I only have colostrum granules left.

We've started with 10 mg of colostrum powder 2 months ago and now he takes 35 mg twice a day. It's a huge boost for his speech. We stopped homeopathic remedies because they do the same thing as colostrum, and he can't take them at the same time.

Camel milk can also interfere with colostrum. If you give them together, you'll need to work out the appropriate dose. Too much will make your child cranky, too little won't have any effect.

@Varen2. Thanks again for your meticulous posts. Carrying on from another post of yours on Colostrum - my DS was in the same situation - gfcf for a long time, nystatin, food sensitivities that resulted in irritability, angry tantrums, and signs of discomfort in the abdomen. Tried Capra Colostrum following the method you had described. I gave the first dose (10mg colostrum + L Plantarum + L Rhamnosus) this weekend morning, and within a few hours there was increased eye contact, some lucid speech ( he's pretty high functioning and 'normal' in all aspects, expect for the leaky gut issues), and increased attention spans during play; no tantrums, behavior was engaging - it was so good. He did pass stools 3 times that day - well formed, no discomfort. We'll continue with Capra colostrum and see if we can get off DMG ( started a week back), and hold off on Carcinosin.
Would be interested in knowing a couple of things : how long you had to keep up the colostrum + probiotic + nystatin protocol. Did you see any drastic changes in your DS's stools ? and any signs to watch out for there? Were you able to get him off Nystatin eventually?

Sorry took me a long time to answer. We're still taking nystatin almost the same dose every day. But with goat colostrum we're expanding his diet and his speech is so much better. I've stopped giving him Goat colostrum for a few weeks and all his food sensitivities came back. So we're still taking Mt Capra goat colostrum, currently 70mg twice a day. You need to gradually increase colostrum dose by 3-5mg every 5-7 days or as needed.

We're not giving any probiotics any more. Somehow they've stopped working for my son and he was too silly or too cranky with them.

But I'm making GcMAF kefir at home - it's amazing. My son gets so social with GcMAF kefir, his speech gets better every day. I honestly think GcMAF kefir is the answer to overcoming autism altogether. Please google GcMAF protein and do some research on this topic. Also, some parents have posted some feedback on Bravo kefir /probiotic, and GcMAF intravenous injections here. This is all true, this works so well I should sit down and post a homemade recipe of GcMAF kefir here. My son still has issues with social interactions, otherwise he is almost normal in everyday life. With GcMAF kefir, he says "hi" to people outside and wants to share his thoughts with everyone. Imagination, receptive speech, eye contact is better. Everything is better with GcMAF kefir. He gets quiet and plays by himself for 2 hours after taking GcMAF kefir, then he has a short cry (gets a bit upset), and then he gets very interactive and social for 3-4 hours. It works, you should try it.

We don't have money to buy Bravo probiotic from Europe. I believe it's very expensive. I found that Goat Milk fermented with 1000mg of Mt Capra Goat colostrum granules per liter and certain probiotic strains work just fine. You don't need to buy expensive Bravo probiotic online, you can make one at home for a fraction of the cost.

GcMAF kefir is very strong. My son took 30ml of this GcMAF kefir and got a fever and upset stomach for a few days.

Be very careful with the dose. Get a syringe and measure 1ml of kefir twice a day on empty stomach. Take together with 4,000 Units of Vit D. GcMAF protein has to bind with Vitamin D to have an effect.

Don't give more than 1ml of GcMAF kefir for the first time. Gradually increase the dose by 0.5ml.

My son is currently taking 4ml of GcMAF kefir twice a day. A small increase in dose makes him super cranky. If you see negative results, reduce the dose. You can ferment GcMAF kefir with 500mg of goat colostrum granules per liter of Milk. This will make a smaller GcMAF dose per 1ml of kefir.

You can take GcMAF kefir yourself (you'll have plenty left). I'm taking 50-80ml twice a day and I love it. Too much GcMAF kefir might result in diarrhea..this is how you'll find the right dose for you and your son. If the stool is too runny, reduce the dose.

My sons stool is great, well digested and formed. This is the result of a combination of factors:

Camel Milk was great, gave his stool greenish color and stinky smell (it helps detoxify the liver, hence stinky smell);
Homemade kefir with goat milk - recipe posted by me somewhere else on this forum;
GcMAF kefir - definitely makes his stool softer (but my son was prone to constipation, this is good for us)...

In Turkey it is considered normal to have stool 3 times a day. If they have it twice a day, it is a concern and abnormality. Our pediatrician confirmed that 2-3 times a day is perfect. Once a day is ok. My son goes once a day, but he is prone to constipation...

Stool should be well digested. Homemade Goat kefir or probiotic is great to get well digested stool.

Good luck!

sowensnc

Postby sowensnc » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:51 am

varen2 wrote:
Applesaucer wrote:

Good luck!

Varen,

If you get an opportunity to post a recipe, I'd appreciate it. I did some searches and came across a Living Technologies website, but not sure if that is the basis for your GcMAF kefir.

Thanks,

Applesaucer

Postby Applesaucer » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:46 am

[quote="varen2"][quote="Applesaucer"][quote="varen2"]

Hi Varen,

So when you get a chance could you please "sit down and post a homemade recipe of GcMAF kefir here" :-)

Much gratitude for your generosity in sharing your learnings.
With all your support I am sure your son is going to turn out just fine.

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”