relationship between Colostrum and Gcmaf?

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

i-jerry

relationship between Colostrum and Gcmaf?

Postby i-jerry » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:51 am

Hello everyone,

My son is 5 and half and has autism, he also suffering bloating and inflammation in his gut maybe in brain as well. I'm trying so many things but not very helpful. I would like to know does colostrum could convert to Gcmaf in the body by itself? I just found this drink this morning and looks good to fix bloating and leaky gut.

http://www.alternavita.com/quick-start-gut-fix/

Can anyone give me any advise, please? Thanks in advance.

Nikkie111

Re: relationship between Colostrum and Gcmaf?

Postby Nikkie111 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:01 am

We tried colostrum and whey protein not sure we saw anything bloating continued... The latter has a lot of glutamate as well

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:01 am

We tried colostrum and whey protein not sure we saw anything bloating continued... The latter has a lot of glutamate as well

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:25 am

thank you Nikk. We are thinking to use oral colostrum Gcmaf, but still not to sure because it's manufacture in Japan

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:50 pm

i-jerry wrote:thank you Nikk. We are thinking to use oral colostrum Gcmaf, but still not to sure because it's manufacture in Japan

Ah that one yes I'm getting it as well next nonth it should be ok it's from really good research organisation
But that is not just colostrum that converts to gcmaf that does have bovine gcmaf

varen2

Postby varen2 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:23 pm

We had great results with Goat Colostrum (Powder form from Mt Capra) and with raw Camel Colostrum (very expensive and rare).
We tried bovine (cow) colostrum with bad results (regression).

My son has Yeast overgrowth and bacterial overgrowth in his gut.
Colostrum treats leaky gut. I think it only works after being on gluten-free, sugar-free, yeast-free, dairy-free diet for quite a while. Yeast (Candida) can penetrate intestinal walls as well as bacteria making the gut "leaky". So, when the bad bacteria and yeast dies, the wall becomes "leaky". This is when colostrum helps to rebuilt the intestinal wall. Our intestinal wall is made of specific protein found in colostrum. When the wall is "destroyed" and has "holes", no matter how much probiotic you take, the good bacteria cannot attach to the intestinal wall to "recolonize" the gut. Colostrum helps rebuilt the wall creating space for the good bacteria to attach and regrow.

Colostrum is best to take together with probiotic in the morning 30 minutes before food, and again at night before bed.

In case with my son, he's been on a diet and Nystatin for 2 years, but he was getting more and more sensitive to different foods. I think his gut was getting more "leaky" because he was getting rid of yeast and bacteria. I also took colostrum and it worked for me too the same way. My food sensitivities got better.

After taking colostrum, my son gets spaced out for 2 hours, but then he gets much better. His speech gets better, he is happy, singing songs and using new words. His eye contact also gets better.

A huge boost was from Camel colostrum (raw, 5ml twice a day). The camel dairy dosen't have any more right now so we can't buy any more. But we're getting a similar effect that lasts (he is just getting better) with powder goat colostrum (Mt. Capra brand).

Your child might not be there yet (if he still has a lot of bad bacteria and no exposed walls), you might not see the same results right away. But colostrum is also good for all sorts of things. My son doesn't get colds, he has more energy, no running nose. I think colostrum helps get rid of bad strep bacteria in the gut as well.

Mt. Capra colostrum powder is a mix of dry colostrum and dry goat milk. I found that giving my son powder has mixed results. You never know how much colostrum was in that dose of goat milk powder. The colostrum itself is clear or white granules. I use a sieve to separate colostrum granules from goat cream. When I sift powder through a sieve, I only have colostrum granules left.

Then I use very sensitive weights to measure 10 mg of colostrum:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ESHDG ... 1PIBKZ0_ri

We've started with 10 mg of colostrum powder 2 months ago and now he takes 35 mg twice a day. It's a huge boost for his speech. We stopped homeopathic remedies because they do the same thing as colostrum, and he can't take them at the same time.

Camel milk can also interfere with colostrum. If you give them together, you'll need to work out the appropriate dose. Too much will make your child cranky, too little won't have any effect.

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:46 am

thank you to Nikki and Varen. Yes we had gf cf, sugar free, fruit free, grain free,,,,,since last June. We can feel my son has yeast problem even with so limited diet. Currently he has threelac everydaym it helps in the beginning but not any more.

We introduce raw camel milk since 2nd March. It seems helps him on speech and he started to sing a song at home. However, we found bloating it getting worse and his big belly is back. I couldn't find raw camel colostrum in the UK unfortunately. I'm so glad your child has positive feedback from it. :D

Many thanks for the link and i'm going to have a look now.

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:03 am

Nikkie111 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:thank you Nikk. We are thinking to use oral colostrum Gcmaf, but still not to sure because it's manufacture in Japan

Ah that one yes I'm getting it as well next nonth it should be ok it's from really good research organisation
But that is not just colostrum that converts to gcmaf that does have bovine gcmaf

Hi Nikkie, i had a new question, how do you give Oregano Oil to your child? I bought a bottle last week but the taste like mixed mint and chill :oops: my son cant drink it with milk and i couldn't either. Thanks a lot

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:03 am

also, do I need leave gap between probiotic and Oregano Oil? thank you

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:40 am

i-jerry wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:

Hi Nikkie, i had a new question, how do you give Oregano Oil to your child? I bought a bottle last week but the taste like mixed mint and chill :oops: my son cant drink it with milk and i couldn't either. Thanks a lot

Hiya, I don't give oregano oil at all it's pretty potent and I'm not sure about giving something that starts killing stuff iykwim
If it's for yeast can you give something like Yeast Aid? It has lots of biotin in there which is supposed to help

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:17 am

Nikkie111 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:Ah that one yes I'm getting it as well next nonth it should be ok it's from really good research organisation

Hiya, I don't give oregano oil at all it's pretty potent and I'm not sure about giving something that starts killing stuff iykwim
If it's for yeast can you give something like Yeast Aid? It has lots of biotin in there which is supposed to help

thank you. I have a look on Yeast Aid. by the way, do you still use Symprove probiotic on your child? It is pretty good but only has 4 bacteria. I'm thinking to find other one and change them every 3 or 6 month.

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:49 am

Yes I still use it but rotating it is a good plan
I just don't want to mess too much with probiotics :D

varen2

Postby varen2 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:33 pm

i-jerry wrote:thank you to Nikki and Varen. Yes we had gf cf, sugar free, fruit free, grain free,,,,,since last June. We can feel my son has yeast problem even with so limited diet. Currently he has threelac everydaym it helps in the beginning but not any more.

We introduce raw camel milk since 2nd March. It seems helps him on speech and he started to sing a song at home. However, we found bloating it getting worse and his big belly is back. I couldn't find raw camel colostrum in the UK unfortunately. I'm so glad your child has positive feedback from it. :D

Camel milk cleanses liver. My son had great results for a few months then he's started reacting with aggression. Raw camel milk helps bifidum bacteria to grow in the gut. Since my son has too much bifidum and not enough lacto bacteria in his gut (most autistic kids do), I think it's not working for him any more. I do give camel milk occasionally, like once every few days. Usually when he is cranky.. I think when there is a build up of toxins in his liver, he needs Camel milk. But I no longer give camel milk to him daily.

Common symptoms of Yeast is: laughing without any reason (silliness), walking in circles, difficulty concentrating on a task. I would say laughing without a reason and silly look on a face is the most common symptom. My son has been taking Nystatin for 2 years now and when the dose is low or he misses Nystatin dose, I see this reaction.

You should try goat colostrum, most kids with bovine sensitivity can tolerate goat milk. My son is dairy-free, but he drinks pasteurized goat milk. He can't eat goat cheese or yogurt though.

We take "l Plantarum" from Custom probiotics with goat colostrum twice a day. This probiotic seems to work for him, although we're still experimenting with this probiotic.
Last edited by varen2 on Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:32 am

varen2@gmail.com wrote:
i-jerry wrote:thank you to Nikki and Varen. Yes we had gf cf, sugar free, fruit free, grain free,,,,,since last June. We can feel my son has yeast problem even with so limited diet. Currently he has threelac everydaym it helps in the beginning but not any more.

Camel milk cleanses liver. My son had great results for a few months then he's started reacting with aggression. Raw camel milk helps bifidum bacteria to grow in the gut. Since my son has too much bifidum and not enough lacto bacteria in his gut (most autistic kids do), I think it's not working for him any more. I do give camel milk occasionally, like once every few days. Usually when he is cranky.. I think when there is a build up of toxins in his liver, he needs Camel milk. But I no longer give camel milk to him daily.

Common symptoms of Yeast is: laughing without any reason (silliness), walking in circles, difficulty concentrating on a task. I would say laughing without a reason and silly look on a face is the most common symptom. My son has been taking Nystatin for 2 years now and when the dose is low or he misses Nystatin dose, I see this reaction.

You should try goat colostrum, most kids with bovine sensitivity can tolerate goat milk. My son is dairy-free, but he drinks pasteurized goat milk. He can't eat goat cheese or yogurt though.

We take "l Plantarum" from Custom probiotics with goat colostrum twice a day. Suggested child dose doesn't work for him, but triple dose (3 small child size scoops of this probiotic) makes him social and alert. He tells me how much he loves me when taking this probiotic. It's huge for him as he is still not as social as normal kids, we're working on this aspect now. Seem to work for him, although we're still experimenting with this probiotic.

Hi Varen, thank you for your explanation and i have some idea why he has both positive and negative behaviour with camel milk. I stop his camel milk from yeasterday and increase l-gultamine does for a month and see difference. Acutally we already see some such as his behaviour(he makes strange and sharp sound from throat, and runing(not circle run) a lot at home) is better once we stop it, but his speech seems down to his level as well.

I will have a look on goat milk and colostrum and hope it could help on him.

varen2

Postby varen2 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:13 pm

i-jerry wrote:Hello everyone,

My son is 5 and half and has autism, he also suffering bloating and inflammation in his gut maybe in brain as well. I'm trying so many things but not very helpful. I would like to know does colostrum could convert to Gcmaf in the body by itself? I just found this drink this morning and looks good to fix bloating and leaky gut.

I forgot to mention..my son had a round extended belly prior to going on "Feast without Yeast" Diet. He didn't have discomfort or gas though. But his belly got flat when we got Yeast under control. When his yeast gets worse, I see extended belly again. Bloating and gas might also be due to bad bacteria. To know for sure, you would need to run two tests from The Great Plains Lab:

OAT Urine test - for signs of Yeast (Candida). Elevated "arabinose" marker shows the presence of Yeast. It's a by-product of yeast excreted in urine.
Comprehensive Stool test. You'll need to look for any "conventional" or "imbalanced" bacteria in the gut. And if there is any lactobacteria present in stool. In most autistic kids, lactobacteria is not present at all in stool. Lactobacteria should be in stool as it's suppose to make up to 40% of the gut bacteria in a healthy person.

My son's lactobacteria was not present in his stool test. When there is no lactobacteria, other types of bacteria start to grow. Also, Bifidobacteria starts to overgrow. This is the reason you should not take any probiotics with Bifido, or Strep strains. Strep bacteria also tends to overgrow, that's why it's best to stay away from any Strep strains in probiotics.

If you're taking probiotics, you'll need to stop taking them 2 weeks prior to stool test.

Or without any tests, you can try the two diets to see which one works better:
"Feast without Yeast" works for excessive Yeast.
SCD diet works for bacterial overgrowth.

We were on a mix of both diets for a while with good results.

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:47 am

Thank you Varen. We had stool test on last July, and didn't find fungi in his stool. However, we know he has yeast issue during the time. Not sure why didn't show in the test.
My son is doing gaps diet and also low carb,fruit free ( except coconut and avocado) and no grain and nuts. I'm really don't understand why he still has yeast problem.
We start HBOT on last week, and yeast and hyper definitely come back to him

varen2 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:Hello everyone,

I forgot to mention..my son had a round extended belly prior to going on "Feast without Yeast" Diet. He didn't have discomfort or gas though. But his belly got flat when we got Yeast under control. When his yeast gets worse, I see extended belly again. Bloating and gas might also be due to bad bacteria. To know for sure, you would need to run two tests from The Great Plains Lab:

OAT Urine test - for signs of Yeast (Candida). Elevated "arabinose" marker shows the presence of Yeast. It's a by-product of yeast excreted in urine.
Comprehensive Stool test. You'll need to look for any "conventional" or "imbalanced" bacteria in the gut. And if there is any lactobacteria present in stool. In most autistic kids, lactobacteria is not present at all in stool. Lactobacteria should be in stool as it's suppose to make up to 40% of the gut bacteria in a healthy person.

My son's lactobacteria was not present in his stool test. When there is no lactobacteria, other types of bacteria start to grow. Also, Bifidobacteria starts to overgrow. This is the reason you should not take any probiotics with Bifido, or Strep strains. Strep bacteria also tends to overgrow, that's why it's best to stay away from any Strep strains in probiotics.

If you're taking probiotics, you'll need to stop taking them 2 weeks prior to stool test.

Or without any tests, you can try the two diets to see which one works better:
"Feast without Yeast" works for excessive Yeast.
SCD diet works for bacterial overgrowth.

We were on a mix of both diets for a while with good results.

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:51 am

i-jerry wrote:Thank you Varen. We had stool test on last July, and didn't find fungi in his stool. However, we know he has yeast issue during the time. Not sure why didn't show in the test.
My son is doing gaps diet and also low carb,fruit free ( except coconut and avocado) and no grain and nuts. I'm really don't understand why he still has yeast problem.

I-jerry no matter what diet you follow yeast will always be there as their immune is not functional enough to get rid of it.
You might have luck with the antivirals assuming the virus will be suppressed enough to give a chance to the immune to pick up (if your boy's issue is virus related)

good luck with HBOT let us know how it went - which one did you go to?

varen2

Postby varen2 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:28 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:Thank you Varen. We had stool test on last July, and didn't find fungi in his stool. However, we know he has yeast issue during the time. Not sure why didn't show in the test.

I-jerry no matter what diet you follow yeast will always be there as their immune is not functional enough to get rid of it.
You might have luck with the antivirals assuming the virus will be suppressed enough to give a chance to the immune to pick up (if your boy's issue is virus related)

I agree, yeast in small amounts is a small part of the gut. It should be suppressed the the immune system. This is what I found in different books and articles:

In vitro tests on agar plates showed that Lactobacteria can push back Candida if it present in large amount. If you have 50% of the plate of Lactobacteria and 50% of Candida, lactobacteria will "eat up" Candida and "colonie" the plate. The most effective strains were l.plantarum and l.ramnosus if I remember correctly. If you have 60% of Candida on the plate, it's out of balance. It will eat up all "lactobacteria" and it will colonise the plate. The problem is that Candida grows 200 times faster than lactobacteria. If you introduce equal amount on Candida and lactobacteria on a plate, Candida will take over the plate in hours. This is how quickly it grows. Now imagine the gut, the small intestine is so long and big.. It takes a long time to repopulate the gut with lactobacteria. It's very difficult. You need to suppress the growth of Candida with the diet and use a strain of lactobacteria that wouldn't feed Candida. Acidophilus strain is not good in this case. It does feed Candida.

The gut of a healthy person consists of:
40% of Bifidobacteria
40% of Lactobacteria
20% other bacteria and yeasts.

My son had no lactobacteria present in his stool test. It means other bad bacteria, Candida and Bifidobacteria took over. By the way, Bifidobacteria can overgrow becoming opportunistic if there is no lactobacteria.

Candida lives in small intestinal and it doesn't really show up on stool tests. Our stool test was clear, but OAT urine test taken at the same time showed "arabinose" marker at 150 (normal range is up to 50). Arabinose is a by-product of yeast extracted in urine.

We've been suppressing yeast with the diet and nystatin for 2 years now. And I've started to see some progress regarding his ability to eat some fruit and some sugars in veggies (like a bit of sweet potatoes, half a banana) recently when we've added Colostrum and homemade kefir with beneficial bacteria to his diet.

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:08 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:

I'm thinking to add OLE but not sure how much should i give it to him, and also is it ok to take with O0O?
HBOT currently only brings hpyer and yeast to us. We are doing 5 on 2 off and 60min a day. Will update if I see any change.

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:05 am

varen2 wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:

I agree, yeast in small amounts is a small part of the gut. It should be suppressed the the immune system. This is what I found in different books and articles:

In vitro tests on agar plates showed that Lactobacteria can push back Candida if it present in large amount. If you have 50% of the plate of Lactobacteria and 50% of Candida, lactobacteria will "eat up" Candida and "colonie" the plate. The most effective strains were l.plantarum and l.ramnosus if I remember correctly. If you have 60% of Candida on the plate, it's out of balance. It will eat up all "lactobacteria" and it will colonise the plate. The problem is that Candida grows 200 times faster than lactobacteria. If you introduce equal amount on Candida and lactobacteria on a plate, Candida will take over the plate in hours. This is how quickly it grows. Now imagine the gut, the small intestine is so long and big.. It takes a long time to repopulate the gut with lactobacteria. It's very difficult. You need to suppress the growth of Candida with the diet and use a strain of lactobacteria that wouldn't feed Candida. Acidophilus strain is not good in this case. It does feed Candida.

The gut of a healthy person consists of:
40% of Bifidobacteria
40% of Lactobacteria
20% other bacteria and yeasts.

My son had no lactobacteria present in his stool test. It means other bad bacteria, Candida and Bifidobacteria took over. By the way, Bifidobacteria can overgrow becoming opportunistic if there is no lactobacteria.

Candida lives in small intestinal and it doesn't really show up on stool tests. Our stool test was clear, but OAT urine test taken at the same time showed "arabinose" marker at 150 (normal range is up to 50). Arabinose is a by-product of yeast extracted in urine.

We've been suppressing yeast with the diet and nystatin for 2 years now. And I've started to see some progress regarding his ability to eat some fruit and some sugars in veggies (like a bit of sweet potatoes, half a banana) recently when we've added Colostrum and homemade kefir with beneficial bacteria to his diet.

I'm glad your son has improvement on fighting yeast. I will keep looking probiotic your mentioned above and might do th oat test for him when i see doc on next month

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”