Seeing Good Things With Histidine

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

MelB1

Seeing Good Things With Histidine

Postby MelB1 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:33 pm

Hi,

I am a mom of two nonverbal sons with autism. Both of my boys regressed at 18 months old after antibiotic use for reoccurring infections. I have researched everything I can get my hands on for the past five years especially after we all (myself included) responded favorably to thiamine in the form of B1. But for several years we have only found B1 and Biotin to be of any help after trying just about everything out there. When I run searches on thiamine and autism it keeps bringing me back to this community to posts by a JeniB. It looks like she hasn't been active lately but everything she has posted resonates with our situation. Recently we stumbled upon selenium and the results were better sleep and moods. After several months of supplementing we started showing signs of copper deficiency - kinky hair, reduced energy, elevated histamine etc. I had already read somewhere that selenium could lower copper levels and that a mark of thiamine deficiency was low ceruloplasmin. We had tried to supplement copper in the past but it was disastrous - was clearly becoming biounavailable. We all reacted really badly to even the smallest amounts of zinc. With fear and trembling, because it seemed counterintuitive I started supplementing all of us with 500 mg of histidine and 1 mg of copper. It actually reduced histamine levels and resulted in major cognitive gains! My boys teachers aids at school were freaking out as their learning became accelerated. I'm trying to figure out why nobody seems to know about this for autism. I can't find anything online where someone is doing this. It turns out that histidine and selenium are among the nutrients that make metallothionein. They together are clearly correcting a copper zinc imbalance. Benfotiamine, selenium, and histidine all protect against advanced glycated end products. Copper and selenium are both helpful in addressing hyperthyroidism. Selenium and Culturelle deal with excessive hydrogen peroxide from an overgrowth of Lactobaccillus Acidophilus in the gut which can lead to hyperthyroidism and OCD. I am just trying to figure out if we are like the only individuals in the universe with this biochemical makeup or if there are others who might even know more pieces of the puzzle. Thanks!

Culturelle
Benfotiamine
Selenium
Histidine
Copper

marcuswelby

Re: Seeing Good Things With Histidine

Postby marcuswelby » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:46 pm

I just stumbled on this thread - are you still using the histidine supplements and if so, can you provide an update?

miraclev25

Re: Seeing Good Things With Histidine

Postby miraclev25 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:59 am

we store water in pure copper vessel overnight and drink water the next day to manage copper deficiency.
Am doing the same for my son.

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”