Update on PANDAS and LDI

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

makingitpossible

Update on PANDAS and LDI

Postby makingitpossible » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:25 am

We started low dose immunotherapy (LDI) in January I believe for strep and PANDAS. At the time my daughter was coming out of a bad PANDAS flare.
It took 3 times to find the right dose and then we had to wait 7 weeks as per LDI protocol. The week we were to give the LDI dose we got a note home from school on Tuesday that my daughter had been exposed to strep. The day before we started noticing little things that could be ignored. Tuesday the behaviors started showing their ugly head. Wednesday she had a terrible note from school and her OCD and anxiety were threw the roof. We were in for many weeks of severe anxiety and OCD. We gave the dose Wednesday night which was the scheduled day to give it. Thursday monring ALL the OCD and anxiety were GONE! They stayed gone and this was over a week ago now. The dose completed eliminated the PANDAS flare. It was quite amazing.
We are also doing LDI for candida. This has shown its improvement mostly through her stools which are noticeably well formed now. However, it does seem overall less effective than the strep LDI which from the LDI forums I follow is what others say also. Just thought I would share the update.

CdB

Re: Update on PANDAS and LDI

Postby CdB » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:38 am

That's awesome!

makingitpossible

Re: Update on PANDAS and LDI

Postby makingitpossible » Sat May 06, 2017 7:41 am

We had another exposure to strep about a month ago. She wasn't due for her strep dose. She is due every 7 weeks. She started to show signs of a PANDAS flare but not near as severe as what we are use to. We waited a few days to get the Dr. opinion and then gave a strep booster which is less of a dose than a core dose of strep given every 7 weeks. She did not have the immediate overnight reaction that everything was 100% normal the next day like the core dose gave but over the next 2-3 days she completely came out of the PANDAS flare which was better than every other PANDAS flare she had before but still worriesome. LDI is seriously the best thing we have tried.
She is doing really good in school and just won an award at her school for her typical class of being the most on track student. I am so proud of her.
LDI is basically the exact opposite of a vaccine. Instead of teaching the body to attack things and go into inflammation mode stimulating the TH2 mode of the immune system, LDI teaches tolerance. It teaches the immune system to stop attacking itself when exposed to the outside environment and microbes inside of you. Our bodies start even attacking ourselves when exposed to healthy microbes like probitoics when it knows no tolerance which is probably why a lot of our kids do poorly on probiotics.

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”