I need some help on my supplements

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Marya

I need some help on my supplements

Postby Marya » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:01 am

Hi everyone,
Hope you are all keeping well. I was on MSM and some other supplements and was doing well. But I'm running out of MSM and couldn't find it locally. However, I tried Rhodiola and I found it brilliant, especially for adernalin high level, i felt calmer and very fouced.

Now I'm also running out of Rhodiola! I'm taking now Bacopa, Vinpoctine and Acetyl-l-carntine and recently Turmeric. Feeling ok but I missed those days when I was on MSM.

I feel confused most of times, lack of concentration, and anxious. Could you please advise me of anything that could benefits me.
And can I take Rhodiola with Bacopa?

Nikkie111

Re: I need some help on my supplements

Postby Nikkie111 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:10 am

Rhidiola gave me massive headaches I was an absolute mess.... Do you get lots of fish oil?
With nootropics like bacopa and vinpocetin you might need choline but ultimate any nootropic will get you wired up (i.e neurotic at some point!) - I'm surprised you didn't get this
You taking Tumeric or curcumin - the latter could possible be better?

I'm ok with bacopa but I take a lot of fish oil, Multivitamin and curcumin and sometimes some NADH for energy. It's be interesting to see what your temperature is if you have an ear thermometer!

Marya

Postby Marya » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:44 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:Rhidiola gave me massive headaches I was an absolute mess.... Do you get lots of fish oil?
With nootropics like bacopa and vinpocetin you might need choline but ultimate any nootropic will get you wired up (i.e neurotic at some point!) - I'm surprised you didn't get this
You taking Tumeric or curcumin - the latter could possible be better?

I'm ok with bacopa but I take a lot of fish oil, Multivitamin and curcumin and sometimes some NADH for energy. It's be interesting to see what your temperature is if you have an ear thermometer!

Thanks Nikkie for your reply. I don't take fish oil at all! Probably I will start it soon.
I defenitly feel neurotic and unstable and probably that's from the nootropics, bacopa, vinpoctine and acytel l carnitine.
I'm taking Turmeric, Why curcumin is better than turmeric?
I don't measure my body temperature, do you think I have an inflammation? I think I'm taking good anti oxidants, Turmeric, Co-enzyme10, and sometimes Pycnogenol along with Vitamin C.
By the way the Rhodiola that I used to take is called balance rhodiola, it has some minerals and herbs plus l-tyrosin. I think that's why i didn't get a headache neither felt anxious. If I'm not mistaken it is from Solgar.

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:28 pm

I think vinpocetine might not work without fish oil in particular high EPA like MorEPa

Nootropics are great for a quick boost but I had a chat about them with a biomedical lecturer and he did tell me to keep an eye as they effectively wire up the brain and after a while you go psycho!

Turmeric has more stuff than curcumin the latter is just one ingredient but for some curcumin brings down the inflamation. I take the solgar one it's cheap and somehow it works on me and my kids.
The temperature one would be interesting to see.. I went through a virus 2 months ago and still had temperature two months on really odd. With curcumin I brought it down.
For serious antioxidants you coukd try SOD , Swanson has a really good one (it ll make you look young too :wink: )

Marya

Postby Marya » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:42 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:I think vinpocetine might not work without fish oil in particular high EPA like MorEPa

Nootropics are great for a quick boost but I had a chat about them with a biomedical lecturer and he did tell me to keep an eye as they effectively wire up the brain and after a while you go psycho!

Turmeric has more stuff than curcumin the latter is just one ingredient but for some curcumin brings down the inflamation. I take the solgar one it's cheap and somehow it works on me and my kids.
The temperature one would be interesting to see.. I went through a virus 2 months ago and still had temperature two months on really odd. With curcumin I brought it down.
For serious antioxidants you coukd try SOD , Swanson has a really good one (it ll make you look young too :wink: )

I see what you mean! Just to double check about the nootropics, are they really effect the brain badly? I read here that loads of autistics kids taking them. Could you please let me know about your kids' supplements?

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:01 pm

I took aniracetam and it was amazing for a while but I did start getting headaches and I stopped. With bacopa I'm fine and kind of doing ok memory wise. Personally I wouldn't mess much with those , maybe for a quick boost an interview , presentation etc why not but daily I wouldn't especially after what I was told from someone who is actually an expert!! Remember a bunch of them have been banned!

My oldest is taking vinpocetin on and off with fish oil, biobran and gcmaf capsules for immune, curcumin (was awful before but restarted ), valtrex and b12 shots :-)
When he's actively getting a virus he's doing Buhner Antivirals

Marya

Postby Marya » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:39 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:I took aniracetam and it was amazing for a while but I did start getting headaches and I stopped. With bacopa I'm fine and kind of doing ok memory wise. Personally I wouldn't mess much with those , maybe for a quick boost an interview , presentation etc why not but daily I wouldn't especially after what I was told from someone who is actually an expert!! Remember a bunch of them have been banned!

My oldest is taking vinpocetin on and off with fish oil, biobran and gcmaf capsules for immune, curcumin (was awful before but restarted ), valtrex and b12 shots :-)
When he's actively getting a virus he's doing Buhner Antivirals

Thank you so much Nikkie, I would consider your advice. I honestly prefer MSM to any nootropic! It benefits me better than any nootropic and make me feel happy and focused naturally without the feeling of nervous!
By the way Rhodiola is not a nootropic if I'm not mistaken, it also benefits me a lot.
Thank you Nikkie for sharing your supplements with me :-)

Marya

Postby Marya » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:10 pm

Hi guys,
I need some help please, I'm experiencing a drop in my mental performance! I just feel bad about myself espeacially when people comment that I didn't get it! I also look at things differently, means have weird opinions and can't make decisions!
As I stated before I was doing great when I was on MSM then I took Rhodiola but now I'm running out of them and can't buy them for a while. However, I'm on Bacopa, Vinpoctine, Acetyl-L-Carnitine, C, D, B-complex, Co-enzyme10 but they don't benefit me that much except some stiumilation!
I'm 30 years old.

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”