Neurotransmitters test and anxiety supplements

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Marya

Neurotransmitters test and anxiety supplements

Postby Marya » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:06 pm

Hi everyone
Who tried Neurotransmitters test and which company?
I would like to try it to determine my deficiency.

My second question is about Anxiety and fears reducer supplements. I have tried L-theanine and it was ok and im looking forward to try Passiflora and Lemon Balm. Who tried anything benefical for this case please? To calm down and reduce fears.

FatherOf2

Re: Neurotransmitters test and anxiety supplements

Postby FatherOf2 » Mon May 01, 2017 12:44 am

Marya wrote:Hi everyone

My second question is about Anxiety and fears reducer supplements. I have tried L-theanine and it was ok and im looking forward to try Passiflora and Lemon Balm. Who tried anything benefical for this case please? To calm down and reduce fears.

I wouldn't trust any method of testing neurotransmitters unless it is a lumbar puncture, which I don't recommend. Quoting a neurologist: "Neurotransmitters and their precursors are produced in abundance throughout the body and to assume that what is collected in the urine reflects what’s going on in the brain is a stretch."
If you have anxiety and fear issues, just treat them. I have tried many supplements on my autistic son, who has anxiety issues (closes his ears and cries when someone else is crying, loses his focus when in a large group of people). Those supplements that are supposed to reduce anxiety (Magnesium, L-Theanine, 5HTP, Tryptophan, etc) didn't work or made my son sleepy. I have started Quercetin 2 days ago as an anti-oxidant, and my son is happier, more social, less anxious and depressed, speaks more. Apparently, Quercetin is known for its anti-anxiety properties https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20447436: "These anxiolytic- and antidepressant-like effects were comparable with the traditional anxiolytic (diazepam) and antidepressant (fluoxetine) agents"

You can read about other supplements for anxiety in my first post here http://www.autismweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34328. It is a long post. Just scroll to the anxiety section.

Marya

Postby Marya » Tue May 02, 2017 12:47 am

FatherOf2 wrote:
Marya wrote:Hi everyone

I wouldn't trust any method of testing neurotransmitters unless it is a lumbar puncture, which I don't recommend. Quoting a neurologist: "Neurotransmitters and their precursors are produced in abundance throughout the body and to assume that what is collected in the urine reflects what’s going on in the brain is a stretch."
If you have anxiety and fear issues, just treat them. I have tried many supplements on my autistic son, who has anxiety issues (closes his ears and cries when someone else is crying, loses his focus when in a large group of people). Those supplements that are supposed to reduce anxiety (Magnesium, L-Theanine, 5HTP, Tryptophan, etc) didn't work or made my son sleepy. I have started Quercetin 2 days ago as an anti-oxidant, and my son is happier, more social, less anxious and depressed, speaks more. Apparently, Quercetin is known for its anti-anxiety properties https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20447436: "These anxiolytic- and antidepressant-like effects were comparable with the traditional anxiolytic (diazepam) and antidepressant (fluoxetine) agents"

You can read about other supplements for anxiety in my first post here http://www.autismweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34328. It is a long post. Just scroll to the anxiety section.

Thank you Fatherof2 for your response and the details. You are right about the test! Wish your son to recover soon. I actually have the same issue that I lose my focus when in a large group although im adult enough! Also my cognitive is not that good means i get myself in trouble and can't make the right desicion sometimes. Beside the low mood and fatigue, and anxiety some time during the year. What give me wow results and cured me of all those issues was MSM and also Rhodiola with l-tyrosine. It really helps with my attention and verbal skills as well as to get the sense behind the words. Have you tried MSM?

I have read your post and I was surprised of some stuff. For example, why you don't recommend Turmeric? I heard that it really hepls with autism symptoms and there were loads of research about that.

FatherOf2

Postby FatherOf2 » Tue May 02, 2017 2:26 am

Marya wrote:Thank you Fatherof2 for your response and the details. You are right about the test! Wish your son to recover soon. I actually have the same issue that I lose my focus when in a large group although im adult enough! Also my cognitive is not that good means i get myself in trouble and can't make the right desicion sometimes. Beside the low mood and fatigue, and anxiety some time during the year. What give me wow results and cured me of all those issues was MSM and also Rhodiola with l-tyrosine. It really helps with my attention and verbal skills as well as to get the sense behind the words. Have you tried MSM?

I have read your post and I was surprised of some stuff. For example, why you don't recommend Turmeric? I heard that it really hepls with autism symptoms and there were loads of research about that.

My son has issues with tantrums, anger, self-injurious behaviors like hitting himself on the head (was hitting his head against the wall in the past). I tried Turmeric, but it made my son angry. Pretty much all sulfur containing supplements (Turmeric is just one of them) caused anger in my son. I can't explain why. That is why I am scared to try MSM even though it sounds interesting from your story. Anything that raises dopamine also causes my son to become irritable. That is why I am staying away from Tyrosine. I was able to overcome most of my son's behaviors through careful selection of supplements. Rhodiola sounds interesting, and I will try it some day. Low cognition is also the biggest problem of my son. I just don't know how to bring it up. I tried pretty much everything. Idebenone is next on my list. I tried it on myself, and except feeling of a heavy head I didn't notice anything.

jaumeb

Postby jaumeb » Tue May 02, 2017 9:27 am

Thanks for that link about quercetin. I had looked into quercetin and tried for 100 days in the past but I was not aware it was an anxiolytic.

Lemon balm and passiflora are on my list of things to try.

Marya

Postby Marya » Tue May 02, 2017 2:01 pm

Sorry i deleted this
Last edited by Marya on Tue May 02, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marya

Postby Marya » Tue May 02, 2017 2:03 pm

FatherOf2 wrote:
Marya wrote:Thank you Fatherof2 for your response and the details. You are right about the test! Wish your son to recover soon. I actually have the same issue that I lose my focus when in a large group although im adult enough! Also my cognitive is not that good means i get myself in trouble and can't make the right desicion sometimes. Beside the low mood and fatigue, and anxiety some time during the year. What give me wow results and cured me of all those issues was MSM and also Rhodiola with l-tyrosine. It really helps with my attention and verbal skills as well as to get the sense behind the words. Have you tried MSM?

My son has issues with tantrums, anger, self-injurious behaviors like hitting himself on the head (was hitting his head against the wall in the past). I tried Turmeric, but it made my son angry. Pretty much all sulfur containing supplements (Turmeric is just one of them) caused anger in my son. I can't explain why. That is why I am scared to try MSM even though it sounds interesting from your story. Anything that raises dopamine also causes my son to become irritable. That is why I am staying away from Tyrosine. I was able to overcome most of my son's behaviors through careful selection of supplements. Rhodiola sounds interesting, and I will try it some day. Low cognition is also the biggest problem of my son. I just don't know how to bring it up. I tried pretty much everything. Idebenone is next on my list. I tried it on myself, and except feeling of a heavy head I didn't notice anything.

I see! I didn't know that boost dopamine is not always good for autistics because I thought that they should have dopamine deficiency . For me i think it is good to boost dopamine rather than serotonin.
I will be waiting for your experience with Rhodiola :)
For low cognition, have you tried PS? I think you mentioned in your post that you did but you didnt see results. Probably you need to try different company, i tried it twice and the first company was really nothing to feel at all even though when I finished the whole bottle! The second company I felt the results within the first capsule!! It really helps with focus and thinking ability, also to reduce stress(cortisol). For me PS gave me similar results to Rhodiola in the mental energy but Rhodiola was mixed with magnisum, Camomile and some B complex and it was helping to focus and calm down at the same time.
I think the deficiency of PS and Gaba is very common in autistics. Have your son's doctor recommend anything for cognition?

FatherOf2

Postby FatherOf2 » Tue May 02, 2017 5:07 pm

Marya wrote:I see! I didn't know that boost dopamine is not always good for autistics because I thought that they should have dopamine deficiency . For me i think it is good to boost dopamine rather than serotonin.
I will be waiting for your experience with Rhodiola :)
For low cognition, have you tried PS? I think you mentioned in your post that you did but you didnt see results. Probably you need to try different company, i tried it twice and the first company was really nothing to feel at all even though when I finished the whole bottle! The second company I felt the results within the first capsule!! It really helps with focus and thinking ability, also to reduce stress(cortisol). For me PS gave me similar results to Rhodiola in the mental energy but Rhodiola was mixed with magnisum, Camomile and some B complex and it was helping to focus and calm down at the same time.
I think the deficiency of PS and Gaba is very common in autistics. Have your son's doctor recommend anything for cognition?

I have tried PS from two different companies: Natural Factors (100mg) and Vayarin (PS chemically bonded to EPA). I didn't see anything from either brand. What brand of PS did you use?

My son's appearance (depressive mood, lack of motivation, anxiety) points to lack of Serotonin and Dopamine, but he has mutations that theoretically should make excess of those two neurotransmitters. Every time I gave my son highly publicized supplements for autism B6 and zinc, my son's irritability became unbearable. The only reasons why these two supposedly calming supplements caused anger I could find are that B6 is a co-factor of L-Dopa conversion to dopamine, and zinc is a dopamine re-uptake inhibitor. In general, anger and aggression in autistic patients are treated by suppressing dopamine D2 receptors (Dopamine = anger due to D2, but also Dopamine = motivation and learning due to D1 receptors).

My son's MAPS doctor recommended Theanine for focus, Leucovorin Calcium (folinic acid) for learning, and Galantamine for cognition. Theanine made huge mood swings. It actually helps conversion of glutamate to GABA, but also GABA to glutamate. So, it is a 50/50% chance that Theanine would work in the right direction. Leucovorin Calium just makes my son hyper. Galantamine is the only one that helped with overall brain function, but only temporarily (effect lasts for 2 weeks, then the dose must be increased or cycled 2 weeks ON/2 weeks OFF). I will try Galantamine again in the near future. I am still riding a good wave on Quercetin right now.

For GABA, my MAPS doctor recommended only two meds: R-Baclofen and Bumetanide. We are taking Bumetanide, and I think it made my son more social, but the effect is very weak. Rather than increase GABA or agonize GABA receptros, Bumetanide reduces chloride in the brain, and that makes GABA receptors to be inhibitory/calming (apparently, GABA receptors can be excitatory if too much chloride). So, theoretically Bumetanide has the right action for the brain, but it just didn't create too much difference in my son at 0.5mg 2x/day. Perhaps I need to move to a larger dose. R-Baclofen is an agonist of GABA receptors. Agonists and antagonists never have a lasting action on receptors because the brain always upregulates or downregulates the receptors to counteract the action of agonists or antagonists. That leads to tolerance and the need to constantly increase the dose like in Galantamine case.

Have you tried SSRI's like Celexa for your anxiety? Propranolol works great for my anxiety, but I take it only before public speech.

Marya

Postby Marya » Tue May 02, 2017 8:58 pm

FatherOf2 wrote:I have tried PS from two different companies: Natural Factors (100mg) and Vayarin (PS chemically bonded to EPA). I didn't see anything from either brand. What brand of PS did you use?

My son's appearance (depressive mood, lack of motivation, anxiety) points to lack of Serotonin and Dopamine, but he has mutations that theoretically should make excess of those two neurotransmitters. Every time I gave my son highly publicized supplements for autism B6 and zinc, my son's irritability became unbearable. The only reasons why these two supposedly calming supplements caused anger I could find are that B6 is a co-factor of L-Dopa conversion to dopamine, and zinc is a dopamine re-uptake inhibitor. In general, anger and aggression in autistic patients are treated by suppressing dopamine D2 receptors (Dopamine = anger due to D2, but also Dopamine = motivation and learning due to D1 receptors).

My son's MAPS doctor recommended Theanine for focus, Leucovorin Calcium (folinic acid) for learning, and Galantamine for cognition. Theanine made huge mood swings. It actually helps conversion of glutamate to GABA, but also GABA to glutamate. So, it is a 50/50% chance that Theanine would work in the right direction. Leucovorin Calium just makes my son hyper. Galantamine is the only one that helped with overall brain function, but only temporarily (effect lasts for 2 weeks, then the dose must be increased or cycled 2 weeks ON/2 weeks OFF). I will try Galantamine again in the near future. I am still riding a good wave on Quercetin right now.

For GABA, my MAPS doctor recommended only two meds: R-Baclofen and Bumetanide. We are taking Bumetanide, and I think it made my son more social, but the effect is very weak. Rather than increase GABA or agonize GABA receptros, Bumetanide reduces chloride in the brain, and that makes GABA receptors to be inhibitory/calming (apparently, GABA receptors can be excitatory if too much chloride). So, theoretically Bumetanide has the right action for the brain, but it just didn't create too much difference in my son at 0.5mg 2x/day. Perhaps I need to move to a larger dose. R-Baclofen is an agonist of GABA receptors. Agonists and antagonists never have a lasting action on receptors because the brain always upregulates or downregulates the receptors to counteract the action of agonists or antagonists. That leads to tolerance and the need to constantly increase the dose like in Galantamine case.

Have you tried SSRI's like Celexa for your anxiety? Propranolol works great for my anxiety, but I take it only before public speech.

I tried PS from Now or Now food but didn't work at all, then I tried PS from Jarrow the softgel and I didn't notice anything, then I tried Jarrow capsules(100mg) and it really helps with attention and cognition. I do have also similar symptoms as your child in the low mood, lack of motivation, anxiety and panic attack( sometimes during the year) However I came over most of the symptoms with MSM and I also became sociable and outgoing person after I was spending most of my days indoor due to lack of energy and low mood.
It is very interesting what you mentioned about D1 and D2 receptors but what do you recommend for that in terms to keep the balance?
Regarding GABA, have you tried any supplement?
And do you think with any medication or supplement should always increase the dose to avoid Brain's tolerance?
I haven't tried any SSRI's yet because I want to try natural supplements first and I also don't want to be dependent on them.

FatherOf2

Postby FatherOf2 » Wed May 03, 2017 12:04 am

Marya wrote:I tried PS from Now or Now food but didn't work at all, then I tried PS from Jarrow the softgel and I didn't notice anything, then I tried Jarrow capsules(100mg) and it really helps with attention and cognition. I do have also similar symptoms as your child in the low mood, lack of motivation, anxiety and panic attack( sometimes during the year) However I came over most of the symptoms with MSM and I also became sociable and outgoing person after I was spending most of my days indoor due to lack of energy and low mood.
It is very interesting what you mentioned about D1 and D2 receptors but what do you recommend for that in terms to keep the balance?
Regarding GABA, have you tried any supplement?
And do you think with any medication or supplement should always increase the dose to avoid Brain's tolerance?
I haven't tried any SSRI's yet because I want to try natural supplements first and I also don't want to be dependent on them.

Fish oil is supposed to normalize the function of dopamine receptors and help with learning, but I don't think anyone could show that in practice. It didn't do anything for my son. Most ADHD drugs are dopamine re-uptake inhibitors, which means that they will increase dopamine at both D1 and D2 receptors. This will improve motivation and learning, but may also cause psychosis and schizophrenia (see FDA warning http://www.schizophrenia.com/sznews/archives/004802.html#).

My son has complicated genetic mutations. He has homozygous MTHFR A1298C mutation, which is quite rare. It leads to deficiency of BH4, which is a co-factor of making Serotonin and Dopamine. So, if I just look at this mutation, I would say that my son needs both Serotonin and Dopamine. However, he also has MAO-A and VMAT1 mutations, which are supposed to increase those neurotransmitters and are also associated with higher risk of schizophrenia. I am still hoping that I can find a supplement or a drug that can improve my son's focus and help with learning without giving him meth-based ADHD drugs with psychotic side effects. But, I am slowly running out of options and will probably have to try Focalin one of these days. My son's psychiatrist prescribed it 2 years ago, saying that Focalin doesn't stay in a system too long. He recommended trying for 1-2 days and, if I don't see desired effects, just stop it. A natural analog of an ADHD drug is Chinese Skullcap, which is also a dopamine re-uptake inhibitor. Read this nice overview of dopamine supplements http://www.brainprotips.com/dopamine-supplements/

To increase GABA, I gave my son GABA (didn't do anything), Theanine (caused mood swings) and Taurine (a GABA analog, which helped with sleep).

Mossy

Postby Mossy » Wed May 03, 2017 5:52 am

What dose of quercetin are you giving out of curiosity?

Thinking of it for our son but a bit worried about it blocking iron (he's low ferritin and iron so having sodium federedate 3x a day) and potential aggression due to MAO inhibition.

FatherOf2

Postby FatherOf2 » Wed May 03, 2017 9:22 am

Mossy wrote:What dose of quercetin are you giving out of curiosity?

Thinking of it for our son but a bit worried about it blocking iron (he's low ferritin and iron so having sodium federedate 3x a day) and potential aggression due to MAO inhibition.

500mg, 1x/day in the morning, Natrol brand. No anger issues at all as opposed to Luteolin, even though not only Quercetin inhibits MAO-A, but also reduces blood sugar by about 14%. According to this article http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2214750014000791, Quercetin and Luteolin don't significantly affect MAO levels (somewhere around 10%), and Quercetin is a weaker MAO-A inhibitor than Luteolin. In addition to suppressing the stress hormone, Quercetin inhibits release of glutamate, thus neuroprotective, and release of histamine, IL-6, IL-8, TNF-α and tryptase from human mast cells, which cause inflammation and brain fog. My son has allergies (high histamine) and abnormal EEG (currently controlled by AED). So Quercetin plays a tripple role for him (reduces anxiety, inflammation and neuroexcitation).

I didn't know that Quercetin chelates iron. My son is also low on iron. I just looked it up and found that Quercetin also chelates zinc, copper, tin, arsenic, and possibly other bad toxins. It is quite interesting that it chelates these metals without having sulfur in its chemical formula, to which my son reacts poorly. So, yes, need to be careful with Quercetin just like other chelators ALA, DMSA and DMPS and supplement with good minerals that could be lost like iron. Same advise goes for diets rich in fruits.

Mossy

Postby Mossy » Wed May 03, 2017 4:20 pm

Thanks, we've been trying to ween our son off sugar so further sugar reduction would probably make him very grumpy!

Maybe iron at night, Quercetin in the morning might work well.. We give iron at night with Vitamin C already.

Marya

Postby Marya » Wed May 03, 2017 11:37 pm

FatherOf2 wrote:Fish oil is supposed to normalize the function of dopamine receptors and help with learning, but I don't think anyone could show that in practice. It didn't do anything for my son. Most ADHD drugs are dopamine re-uptake inhibitors, which means that they will increase dopamine at both D1 and D2 receptors. This will improve motivation and learning, but may also cause psychosis and schizophrenia (see FDA warning http://www.schizophrenia.com/sznews/archives/004802.html#).

My son has complicated genetic mutations. He has homozygous MTHFR A1298C mutation, which is quite rare. It leads to deficiency of BH4, which is a co-factor of making Serotonin and Dopamine. So, if I just look at this mutation, I would say that my son needs both Serotonin and Dopamine. However, he also has MAO-A and VMAT1 mutations, which are supposed to increase those neurotransmitters and are also associated with higher risk of schizophrenia. I am still hoping that I can find a supplement a drug that can improve my son's focus and help with learning without giving him meth-based ADHD drugs with psychotic side effects. But, I am slowly running out of options and will probably have to try Focalin one of these days. My son's psychiatrist prescribed it 2 years ago, saying that Focalin doesn't stay in a system too long. He recommended trying for 1-2 days and, if I don't see desired effects, just stop it. A natural analog of an ADHD drug is Chinese Skullcap, which is also a dopamine re-uptake inhibitor. Read this nice overview of dopamine supplements http://www.brainprotips.com/dopamine-supplements/

To increase GABA, I gave my son GABA (didn't do anything), Theanine (caused mood swings) and Taurine (a GABA analog, which helped with sleep).

Thank you so much for your reply. I will consider your advice regarding ADHD drugs. I was about to try it one day but I think I would rather take supplements.
I'm surprised of the genes mutations that you mentioned, because your son has both deficiency and the ability to increase Dopamine and Serotonin. I understand now why you are so careful in your choice of the supplements and drugs. Would you please let me know in which country you did the test of genes mutations? My brother is schizophrenic but he is a way better now because he is taking abilify along with some medications, but I'm looking to see him better probably with understanding genes mutations.

I had a look on the overview of Dopamine supplements, I came across Retalin drug and I saw that it has Metheyl- do you think it is the same as what in MSM?
I'm still not fully understood how MSM works basically! It seems that it increase neurtransmitters.
Also they mentioned Alpha GPC, I already read about it but from that article I think it increase most of the neurotransmitters not only one or two which is good, have you tried it for your son? Probably it would be good for cognition.

Chinese Skullcap will be in my list. By the way, PS from Jarrow is good enough so far. It really helps my cognition even though I'm unders stress and anxiety! If I didn't take it I wouldn't be able to focus or even manage a converstaion these days with the anxiety I'm suffer from. But I'm also taking Bacopa and Turmeric. If I could get Rhodiola to calm me down I would be a happy girl! But hopefully I can get it soon.

FatherOf2

Postby FatherOf2 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:44 am

I did genetic testing in USA, used 23&me. It is a $200 test (used to be $100). You spit in a tube and send it back to them. One month later, you get results posted on their website, which you can browse if you know RSID coordinates of known genes. Or, you can use free and paid services from other vendors to read these results and give a summary of key mutations related to different disorders.

I don't think Ritalin is the same as MSM.

I tried Citicolide (a different form of Choline than Alpha GPC). It helps slightly with cognition. Galantamine works the same way, much much stronger and can be bought as a supplement, but my son took it as a drug.

I am looking at Jarrow's PS you mentioned. It brings some memories of several discussions we had on this forum about PS. If I remember it correctly, PS works best if it is conjugated with Omega 3, which is the form it is in the mother milk. This conjugation helps to deliver omega 3 to the brains. It also helps PS somehow. There three different ways to get this conjugated form:
1. Krill oil, but it is mostly PC conjugated with DHA and EPA. Two major Krill oil brands are Neptune Krill Oil (NKO from canada) and Superba 2 (from Norway).
2. PS conjugated with DHA, made by Enzymotec under the name PS Sharp (PS Sharp Green is non-soy based). It is in many PS supplements if you look at ingredients table. But DHA may not be what you want if primary concern is behaviors.
3. Vayarin, which is PS conjugated with mostly EPA and some DHA, also made by Enzymotec. This is probably the best form of PS. But is sold as a prescription drug. I wonder if it is any better than a straight Krill oil. I tried Vayarin on my son and haven't seen a difference. But some parents saw improvements in ADHD symptoms.
Last edited by FatherOf2 on Thu May 04, 2017 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marya

Postby Marya » Thu May 04, 2017 11:06 pm

FatherOf2 wrote:I did genetic testing in USA, used 23&me. It is a $200 test (used to be $100). You spit in a tube and send it back to them. One month later, you get results posted on their website, which you can browse if you know RSID coordinates of known genes. Or, you can use free and paid services from other vendors to read these results and give a summary of key mutations related to different disorders.

I don't think Ritalin is the same as MSM.

I tried Citicolide (a different form of Choline than Alpha GPC). It helps slightly with cognition. Galantamine works the same way, much much stronger and can be bought as a supplement, but my son took it as a drug.

I am looking at Jarrow's PS you mentioned. It brings some memories of several discussions we had on this forum about PS. If I remember it correctly, PS works best if it is conjugated with Omega 3, which is the form it is in the mother milk. This conjugation helps to deliver omega 3 to the brains. It also helps PS somehow. There three different ways to get this conjugated form:
1. Krill oil, but it is mostly PC conjugated with DHA and EPA. Two major Krill oil brands are Neptune Krill Oil (NKO from canada) and Superba 2 (from Norway).
2. PS conjugated with DHA, made by Enzymotec under the name PS Sharp (PS Sharp Green is non-soy based). It is in many PS supplements if you look at ingredients table. But DHA may not be what you want if primary concern is behaviors.
3. Vayarin, which is PS conjugated with mostly EPA and some DHA, also made by Enzymotec. This is probably the best form of PS. But is sold as a prescription drug. I wonder if it is any better than a straight Krill oil. I tried Vayarin on my son and haven't seen a difference. But some parents saw improvements in ADHD symptoms.

r

I did 23andme's test last year. I will message you regarding this. I think I would try Galantamine this year, do you think it is better than PS and Bacopa for cognition?

You are right about PS, it should be taken with DHA and EPA in terms to give a full benefit. I think you can take pure PS with high quality Omega 3 that has DHA and EPA. I haven't try it though but I will do so very soon and let you know.

Mossy

Postby Mossy » Fri May 05, 2017 3:39 pm

Try a small nicotine patch, 5mg (half a stage 3) should be calming without being addicting as an adult dose, works on nicotinic acetylcholine receptors.

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”