shall we use ALA or R-la? what to do next, help plz!

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

i-jerry

Re: shall we use ALA or R-la? what to do next, help plz!

Postby i-jerry » Mon May 22, 2017 5:49 am

Nikkie111 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:
Thank you for share your experience. I would like to try LDN but not sure which brand to go with( I only find one online shop doesn't need a prescription) and which protocol to follow. I will let you know once I use it. By the way, we just finished 40 hrs mhbot on Friday. I haven't seen either good or bad thing on him. He has yeast behaviour in the beginning and seems ok after 10 hrs. Didn't see the expressive language.

Shame for hbot - if I were you I wouldn't spent anymore time or money on it unless you see proper progress

Which LDN did you see online? Are there any reviews on it? Do you have a link?

https://www.buyldn.com/
this is the link i found without prescription. but didn't find any review on it. I prefer to try cream first but couldn't find it online.

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Mon May 29, 2017 5:29 am

Thank you!!! Get your doctor to prescribe the cream

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:05 am

Nikkie111 wrote:Thank you!!! Get your doctor to prescribe the cream

Hi Nikkie, how is your son's going? We are planning to start Valtrex from next week.

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:54 pm

i-jerry wrote:

Hi Nikkie, how is your son's going? We are planning to start Valtrex from next week.

Hiya

Ok basically we seem recovered! We started a new immune therapy called Imunovir working with valtrex together and my boy is behaving normal!
I was about to start a new thread actually as it's worth for parents to investigate further!! This is seriously good!

How is your boy?

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:50 am

Nikkie111 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:

Hiya

Ok basically we seem recovered! We started a new immune therapy called Imunovir working with valtrex together and my boy is behaving normal!
I was about to start a new thread actually as it's worth for parents to investigate further!! This is seriously good!

How is your boy?

WOOO, that's so cool! I'm so happy to see he has recovered! how is his speech and social? My son's main issue is speech delay and no social behaviour. May I ask you how much did you start with valtrex and how long have you use it for him? Anything else during Valtrex?
what are the most helpful things for him? Sorry for the many questions but please share your experiences? by the way, have you try LDN in the end?
I'll have a look on Lmunovir now and hope my son could respond on Valtrex as well.

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:58 am

Nikkie111 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:

Hiya

How is your boy?

may i know where do you get Imunovir from? I checked online and it needs prescription from doctor. May i know how much do you start from? any further information about it? thanks a lot

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:28 pm

i-jerry wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:

Hiya

How is your boy?

may i know where do you get Imunovir from? I checked online and it needs prescription from doctor. May i know how much do you start from? any further information about it? thanks a lot

Hiya
Have a look at the new thread I opened on this
I have all the details there including brand I use!! x

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:49 am

Nikkie111 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:Hiya

How is your boy?

Hiya

many thanks, can't wait to use valtrex on him. will you keep using them on you son or you think is the time to stop? how long have you been using it on him? I wish you have a great summer holiday with all your family and don't forget to update :) :) :)

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:35 pm

i-jerry wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:

Hiya

many thanks, can't wait to use valtrex on him. will you keep using them on you son or you think is the time to stop? how long have you been using it on him? I wish you have a great summer holiday with all your family and don't forget to update :) :) :)

I ll give valtrex one more week and then Famvir which is even stronger just for a couple of weeks along with Groprinosin/Cycloferon.... I'm really targeting those viral suckers !
You have a great holiday too! And no I won't stop updating, if I see something working for my kid and is worth mentioning I ll post it here!

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:49 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:Hiya

I ll give valtrex one more week and then Famvir which is even stronger just for a couple of weeks along with Groprinosin/Cycloferon.... I'm really targeting those viral suckers !
You have a great holiday too! And no I won't stop updating, if I see something working for my kid and is worth mentioning I ll post it here!

are you using valtrex with groprinosin in the same day? I find some people using both or one with LDN, but not sure which one should i use first, Valtrex or Groprinosin. May I know how did you introduce those to your son in the beginning?

I will introduce Valtrex from 1/8 and move to 250mg *3 per day. 5 days on and 2 days off (OLE)

I find protocol for Imvnovir

Month 1:
Week One, take 6 tablets a day, Monday through Friday, and none on the weekend.
Week Two, take 2 tablets a day, Monday through Friday, and none on the weekend.
Week Three, repeat Week One.
Week Four, repeate Week two.
Month 2: Repeat Month 1.
Month 3: Take the month off - do not take any isoprinosine during the third month.
Month 4: Repeat Month 1.
Month 5: Repeat Month 1.
Month 6: Take the month off.
According to Cheney, this medicine works best when you use this "pulsing" treatment of two months on, one month off, and the different amounts each week during the months that you are taking it, rather than taking it at the same dose all through the "on" months, or at the same dose continuously for six months. It may be that all immune modulators work like this, working better and for longer periods of time when they are pulsed.

Last, are you using any autifungi? I'm not using anything but I know i need something when I give him valtrex. Thanks a lot for your help.

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:20 am

i-jerry wrote:are you using valtrex with groprinosin in the same day? I find some people using both or one with LDN, but not sure which one should i use first, Valtrex or Groprinosin. May I know how did you introduce those to your son in the beginning?

I will introduce Valtrex from 1/8 and move to 250mg *3 per day. 5 days on and 2 days off (OLE).

Last, are you using any autifungi? I'm not using anything but I know i need something when I give him valtrex. Thanks a lot for your help.

Yes same days. My own opinion based on research (pls note I am not medical), is that it's better to do valtex first to kill the viral load initially directly, not by normalising the immune, otherwise immune wakes up and deals with massive load which you don't want to do. So possibly Valtrex for a period of time and then add isoprosine, very small doses. The protocol you mentioned is Dr. cheney's which is what we use but we use about 1/3 of the doses mentioned here as he's a small child. There is a risk of developing gout and also the immune getting used to this, so you really need to pulse and ideally stop after a month for a month

re Valtrex : 250mg 3* a day might not be enough for your boy, is he 4yo? Is that how much the doctor prescribed? We started when he was 4,5 on almost 1250mg a day. If you go to low on Valtrex for long period of time, viruses could get used to it

and no not antifungals at all anymore, he doesn't need them, he does absolutely shockingly amazing, I am even stopping the herbal antibiotics too soon (but hanging on the antivirals)!

al the best x

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:46 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:are you using valtrex with groprinosin in the same day? I find some people using both or one with LDN, but not sure which one should i use first, Valtrex or Groprinosin. May I know how did you introduce those to your son in the beginning?

I will introduce Valtrex from 1/8 and move to 250mg *3 per day. 5 days on and 2 days off (OLE).

Yes same days. My own opinion based on research (pls note I am not medical), is that it's better to do valtex first to kill the viral load initially directly, not by normalising the immune, otherwise immune wakes up and deals with massive load which you don't want to do. So possibly Valtrex for a period of time and then add isoprosine, very small doses. The protocol you mentioned is Dr. cheney's which is what we use but we use about 1/3 of the doses mentioned here as he's a small child. There is a risk of developing gout and also the immune getting used to this, so you really need to pulse and ideally stop after a month for a month

re Valtrex : 250mg 3* a day might not be enough for your boy, is he 4yo? Is that how much the doctor prescribed? We started when he was 4,5 on almost 1250mg a day. If you go to low on Valtrex for long period of time, viruses could get used to it

and no not antifungals at all anymore, he doesn't need them, he does absolutely shockingly amazing, I am even stopping the herbal antibiotics too soon (but hanging on the antivirals)!

al the best x

Thank you for your information. My son will turn to 6 on Oct and his weight is 20kg. are you start from 1250mg or increase to 1250 during a short period of time? Our doctor said 250*2 a day. But he always giving the minimal does and we increase by ourselves.
We had the same thinking, kill the virus and then improve the immune system.
I'm so glad your son is doing so good and doesn't need too many things now. That is very encouraging me and hope we could get success on Valtrex as well.
Also, do yo give your son b12 with valtrex? we had b12 shot on Mon,wed and friday, 0.1 ml per time, is it enough? our doctor said we could do once a week but i still give him 3 times a week.

thanks a lot!

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:09 pm

i-jerry wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:

al the best x

Thank you for your information. My son will turn to 6 on Oct and his weight is 20kg. are you start from 1250mg or increase to 1250 during a short period of time? Our doctor said 250*2 a day. But he always giving the minimal does and we increase by ourselves.
I'm so glad your son is doing so good and doesn't need too many things now. That is very encouraging me and hope we could get success on Valtrex as well.
Also, do yo give your son b12 with valtrex? we had b12 shot on Mon,wed and friday, 0.1 ml per time, is it enough? our doctor said we could do once a week but i still give him 3 times a week.

thanks a lot!

You see you can't go against your doctor , I don't recommend it at least, he's a doctor he might know something you don't, he might just be useless at articulating it! :lol:
If I were you I'd take him through your proposal (in this case you could ask for 1250 mg a day divided in 4 doses) and ask him if he's happy for you to follow this for 2 months, in condition you test his liver and kidney at the end of it .... Something along these lines...

Yes we started low but we upped within 3 weeks if I remember correctly and yes I give him mb12 shots every 3 days.. Can't remember the dose I think it was 5 ml, I think yours is quite low, did a UK doctor gave you the shots?

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:15 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:Yes same days. My own opinion based on research (pls note I am not medical), is that it's better to do valtex first to kill the viral load initially directly, not by normalising the immune, otherwise immune wakes up and deals with massive load which you don't want to do. So possibly Valtrex for a period of time and then add isoprosine, very small doses. The protocol you mentioned is Dr. cheney's which is what we use but we use about 1/3 of the doses mentioned here as he's a small child. There is a risk of developing gout and also the immune getting used to this, so you really need to pulse and ideally stop after a month for a month

al the best x

thanks a lot!

You see you can't go against your doctor , I don't recommend it at least, he's a doctor he might know something you don't, he might just be useless at articulating it! :lol:
If I were you I'd take him through your proposal (in this case you could ask for 1250 mg a day divided in 4 doses) and ask him if he's happy for you to follow this for 2 months, in condition you test his liver and kidney at the end of it .... Something along these lines...

Yes we started low but we upped within 3 weeks if I remember correctly and yes I give him mb12 shots every 3 days.. Can't remember the dose I think it was 5 ml, I think yours is quite low, did a UK doctor gave you the shots?

sure, acutally our doctor's aim patients are adult and older people, I don't think he has too many kids in his clinic and that's why he is very careful on medicine and doesage. Are you doing regular liver and kidney function test for your son?

Yes our doctor is in London and we had b12 and home 1ml per bottle for 10 times shot, I nomally give him 0.1ml. Are you doing b12 shot at home or clinic?

We'll start Valtrex at next week, I can't wait to see how it works on him. Thanks for all your suggestion :D

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:23 am

i-jerry wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:

thanks a lot!

sure, acutally our doctor's aim patients are adult and older people, I don't think he has too many kids in his clinic and that's why he is very careful on medicine and doesage. Are you doing regular liver and kidney function test for your son?

Yes our doctor is in London and we had b12 and home 1ml per bottle for 10 times shot, I nomally give him 0.1ml. Are you doing b12 shot at home or clinic?

We'll start Valtrex at next week, I can't wait to see how it works on him. Thanks for all your suggestion :D

Hi there
So sorry for late reply!!! We r doing the b12 shots at home but we are doing about 5ml not sure why yours is so low
Which doctor are you going to?
Did you start valtrex?
Is your son progressing on b12? My oldest really needs them but my youngest was awful on them!

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:02 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:You see you can't go against your doctor , I don't recommend it at least, he's a doctor he might know something you don't, he might just be useless at articulating it! :lol:

Hi there
So sorry for late reply!!! We r doing the b12 shots at home but we are doing about 5ml not sure why yours is so low
Did you start valtrex?
Is your son progressing on b12? My oldest really needs them but my youngest was awful on them!

No problem at all. We all busy with kids during summer holiday aren't we :lol:
We start valtrex from this Monday, today is the 4th days with 125 mg*3 per day. I see some progress in the first day night. He is really active and talk a lot, and he has yeast issues on 2nd and 3rd days. Today I didn't feel anything, except OCD behaviour( counting numbers all day). I'm thinking to increase to 250 mg *3 per day, do you think is OK to increase double does?
I'm reading Dr Buhner's book during the week and I really feel I want to give him Reishi for his virsus, bacterias and immune support, what do you think?
I start give him ginger tea and celery with giner juice to him every morning, I could tell it helps his bm. Many thanks for your suggestion.
I just pay the LDN today and will start with valtrex together once i receive it. I'll tell you if i see something with it. We saw good thing with b12 in the beginning but didn't see different after3 month( 3 times a week or none at all, i couldn't tell difference). I will have much clear idea when I receive his 23 and me report.

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:37 pm

Hi Nikkie,

one more question, are you doing on off with Valtrex or keep using without break? thanks a lot :D

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:38 am

i-jerry wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:

Hi there
Did you start valtrex?

We start valtrex from this Monday, today is the 4th days with 125 mg*3 per day. I see some progress in the first day night. He is really active and talk a lot, and he has yeast issues on 2nd and 3rd days. Today I didn't feel anything, except OCD behaviour( counting numbers all day). I'm thinking to increase to 250 mg *3 per day, do you think is OK to increase double does?
I'm reading Dr Buhner's book during the week and I really feel I want to give him Reishi for his virsus, bacterias and immune support, what do you think?
I start give him ginger tea and celery with giner juice to him every morning, I could tell it helps his bm. Many thanks for your suggestion.
I just pay the LDN today and will start with valtrex together once i receive it. I'll tell you if i see something with it. We saw good thing with b12 in the beginning but didn't see different after3 month( 3 times a week or none at all, i couldn't tell difference). I will have much clear idea when I receive his 23 and me report.

You're very low on valtrex and you run the risk of virus tolerance. Yes do increase it if his doctor is ok with this. Buhner's recommendation are great I follow them except the astragalus bit as there is a risk of autoimmunity
Re valtrex don't expect results instantly you usually see them after couple of months but if I am not mistaken your boy's dosage should be something around 1000mg a day - check with doctor first xx

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:40 am

i-jerry wrote:Hi Nikkie,

one more question, are you doing on off with Valtrex or keep using without break? thanks a lot :D

No, we tried this approach but didn't work for us so we are doing continuously. X

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:37 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:
Hi there
Did you start valtrex?

You're very low on valtrex and you run the risk of virus tolerance. Yes do increase it if his doctor is ok with this. Buhner's recommendation are great I follow them except the astragalus bit as there is a risk of autoimmunity
Re valtrex don't expect results instantly you usually see them after couple of months but if I am not mistaken your boy's dosage should be something around 1000mg a day - check with doctor first xx

Hi Nikkie, many thanks for your advice. I'll email our doctor later regarding the dosage. My son is 20kg now he should use higher does. We went up to 250*3 on day 4, so 3 days on 125*3 and 7 days on 250*3, the total is 10days on Valtrex. Does your son use 1050 or 1250mg per day? Are you still using valtrex with 3 weeks on and 2 weeks off strategy? Our doctor said we could use 4 days on and 4 days off. But when I search online most people use it with none stop in 7 months or more until no more gains. I'm not sure shall i give him on off or using it until no gain.
We only see the regressions with yeast issue so far and hope he could have some gains very soon.
Many thanks for your advise about astragalus, and i will skip this one.
Thanks a lot!

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”