shall we use ALA or R-la? what to do next, help plz!

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

miraclev25

Re: shall we use ALA or R-la? what to do next, help plz!

Postby miraclev25 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:34 am

i-jerry

how is your son doing. Did the Antiviral therapy helped him too.
Please share your updates

miracle

miraclev25

Postby miraclev25 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:17 pm

i-jerry wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:
No problem at all. We all busy with kids during summer holiday aren't we :lol:
We start valtrex from this Monday, today is the 4th days with 125 mg*3 per day. I see some progress in the first day night. He is really active and talk a lot, and he has yeast issues on 2nd and 3rd days. Today I didn't feel anything, except OCD behaviour( counting numbers all day). I'm thinking to increase to 250 mg *3 per day, do you think is OK to increase double does?
I'm reading Dr Buhner's book during the week and I really feel I want to give him Reishi for his virsus, bacterias and immune support, what do you think?
I start give him ginger tea and celery with giner juice to him every morning, I could tell it helps his bm. Many thanks for your suggestion.
I just pay the LDN today and will start with valtrex together once i receive it. I'll tell you if i see something with it. We saw good thing with b12 in the beginning but didn't see different after3 month( 3 times a week or none at all, i couldn't tell difference). I will have much clear idea when I receive his 23 and me report.

You're very low on valtrex and you run the risk of virus tolerance. Yes do increase it if his doctor is ok with this. Buhner's recommendation are great I follow them except the astragalus bit as there is a risk of autoimmunity
Re valtrex don't expect results instantly you usually see them after couple of months but if I am not mistaken your boy's dosage should be something around 1000mg a day - check with doctor first xx

Hi Nikkie, many thanks for your advice. I'll email our doctor later regarding the dosage. My son is 20kg now he should use higher does. We went up to 250*3 on day 4, so 3 days on 125*3 and 7 days on 250*3, the total is 10days on Valtrex. Does your son use 1050 or 1250mg per day? Are you still using valtrex with 3 weeks on and 2 weeks off strategy? Our doctor said we could use 4 days on and 4 days off. But when I search online most people use it with none stop in 7 months or more until no more gains. I'm not sure shall i give him on off or using it until no gain.
We only see the regressions with yeast issue so far and hope he could have some gains very soon.
Many thanks for your advise about astragalus, and i will skip this one.
Thanks a lot!

Hi jerry

How is your doing. Hope it does good.

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:56 pm

miraclev25 wrote:i-jerry

how is your son doing. Did the Antiviral therapy helped him too.
Please share your updates

miracle

Hi Miracle, sorry i don't know why i just see the notification right now.
We are on 16 days with valtrex and 11 days with LDN. My son has regression mainly because of yeast flare up in the beginning 10 days. He is slightly getting better now. We are focusing on his language and social ability and didn't see many differences so far.
I'm expecting his progress and will keep update :D

How is your child doing? Does he also have virus issues? what type of treatment are you using? All the best, Jerry

miraclev25

Postby miraclev25 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:28 pm

we could not get any doctor prescribing Antiviral here, so we are trying natural anti virals at this moment.
please keep us posted too. best wishes.

miracle

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”