Some initial help and advice on dietary approaches?

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

kellyc1

Some initial help and advice on dietary approaches?

Postby kellyc1 » Sat May 13, 2017 2:50 pm

Hi everyone, I do hope this isn't inappropriate - I notice that everyone here seems to be parents (and heroes for your kids!), but I actually came across your site as I have been looking for information for myself. I was diagnosed as mildly on the autistic spectrum a year ago at 35 years old. I have been physically ill for some time and have been trying to read up on how to improve my health. Without going into too much detail - my main physical issues are coeliac, diabetes, oxalate/kidney stones issues and problems absorbing fat. I have made a lot of headway in working with these - but the more I read about the biochemistry of autism - something I have just come across recently - the more overwhelming I am finding trying to figure out a way forward. I am looking into getting some testing but I am on a very low income so there are limits there. Right now I am experimenting with upping my zinc and supplementing with aminos and NAC to encourage metallothienen production and glutathione. But I don't understand very much about the mutations I have been reading about or indeed the issues around protein - and I imagine that's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what I'm missing. So I'm just posting this to ask if anyone can recommend testing to do and anything else regarding dietary approaches, even just in general terms? You all seem super knowledgable so any help any of you can give would be much appreciated :D

jaumeb

Re: Some initial help and advice on dietary approaches?

Postby jaumeb » Sun May 14, 2017 8:20 am

I eat foods like lentils, brown rice, buckwheat, quinoa, amaranth, veggies, wild fish, meat ...

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”