Help!

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Kansas

Help!

Postby Kansas » Sun May 14, 2017 3:48 am

We are completely new to this. Daughter received diagnosis in just the past week. She can be a picky eater but this didn't really stand out for us as all the pre-schoolers we know are picky eaters.

How do we know if diet plays a role and how do we get started in figuring it out?

What supplements are best and how did you all know to try them? She's always gotten a standard multi-vitamin tablet along with an omega three supplement when in my care (shared 50/50 custody schedule).

How did you become knowledgeable? I'm feeling very inadequate in this area right now, like I don't know where to even start but there must be books or videos out there. I just don't know where they are.

If any other parents / grandparents / caregivers could respond it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

riggie

Re: Help!

Postby riggie » Mon May 15, 2017 3:41 pm

https://www.tacanow.org/family-resources/

This is a great staring point! TACA is a wonderful organization and has been a tremendous part of our daughter's improvements. Where are you located? They offer parent meet-ups in many states and offer free mentors for newly diagnosed parents.

raun cesar

Re: Help!

Postby raun cesar » Tue May 16, 2017 7:55 am

Time is the best learner in this case, keep on reading and researching on the topic. There are also many free resources to help you learn...

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”