Mitochondrial oxidative stress and treatment

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Marya

Mitochondrial oxidative stress and treatment

Postby Marya » Sat May 27, 2017 9:27 am

Happy day to everyone,
I was analysing my 23andme data and I've found that I have this mutation SOD2 A16V (rs4880) which lead to Mitochondrial oxidative stress. I believe this is common in autism and some brain disorders. I was looking for supplements that could help with this mutation but I couldn't find much. Some people recommend Tempol as it may mimic SOD2. From my experience I tried different antioxidants, like Co10, ALA, Glutathione, Pycnogenol and MSM. I haven't noticed any wow results except when I combine MSM with Pycnogenol. I didn't know before why MSM and Pycnogenol helped that much but now it is obvious that due to their anti oxidation.
Could you please share your experience if you have this mutation or you know about it.

Marya

Re: Mitochondrial oxidative stress and treatment

Postby Marya » Sun May 28, 2017 5:07 pm

I was looking up for some treatment for this gene mutation and I came across this,
Supplements to fix SOD2 mutation;

PQQ is a powerful superoxide scavenger.(R)
Pregnenolone
Curcumin (R).
Grape Seed Extract (R). Grapeseed extract is a cheap but powerful phytochemical that combats oxidative stress.
Molecular hydrogen (R).
MitoQ (R) – MitoQ is the best fix because it scavenges superoxide directly in the mitochondria.

MitoQ seems very good but I think it is only available in the US. Did anyone try it or try anything else for superoxide?

Marya

Re: Mitochondrial oxidative stress and treatment

Postby Marya » Tue May 30, 2017 8:14 pm

Anyone here has tried MitoQ? I think it is a bit expensive but it may worth it.

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”