CLO vs Fish Oil ???

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Jillh

CLO vs Fish Oil ???

Postby Jillh » Sun May 28, 2017 7:39 pm

My 8 year old has taken Nordic Naturals 369 and EPA on and off for years. We've never noticed any positives or negatives while on or off it. I'm wondering if I should switch and give CLO a try instead? I would love to hear experiences as well as brands you all liked. Also what dosage you used. I always have the hardest time with dosing amounts. Thank you!!!

FatherOf2

Re: CLO vs Fish Oil ???

Postby FatherOf2 » Sun May 28, 2017 8:46 pm

I am a big fan of Krill oil recently. It contains the same EPA and DHA, but bonded to phospholipids (mostly PC and much less PS), which increases their bioavailability while also providing Choline and Astaxanthin. I use the brand Sports Research with Superba 2. 1 softgel in the morning.

Jillh

Postby Jillh » Sun May 28, 2017 8:59 pm

Thanks so much! I hadn't thought of Krill. I will definitely check it out. Have a good one:))

majadj

Postby majadj » Mon May 29, 2017 1:41 am

I use CLO for A and D vit, Krill for omega`s 3 and phospholipids.
Krill oil dissolves easily in both fat and water, fish oil only in fat. So, I mix CLA and krill in small amount of juice and they both dissolve in it.
This is the way to avoid ‘fishy burp-up’ aftertaste from CLO.
I mix with them some luteolin too.
(Krill oil is excellent solvent)

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Mon May 29, 2017 5:27 am

We ve tried all sorts, the most we had success with, which I'm sticking with now forever, is morDHA and moreEPA. We started with the latter for inflammation and now we are doing 2 capsules moreDHA in the morning. It contains some EPA for inflammation but dha is more for intelligence and this is been absolutely brilliant for us ( we are doing other stuff as well but I noticed big difference with this is one!)

Good luck X

Marya

Postby Marya » Mon May 29, 2017 9:14 am

Nikkie111 wrote:We ve tried all sorts, the most we had success with, which I'm sticking with now forever, is morDHA and moreEPA. We started with the latter for inflammation and now we are doing 2 capsules moreDHA in the morning. It contains some EPA for inflammation but dha is more for intelligence and this is been absolutely brilliant for us ( we are doing other stuff as well but I noticed big difference with this is one!)

Good luck X

Hi Nikkie, which brand of fish oil are you taking?
I'm taking flaxseed oil from GNC

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Mon May 29, 2017 9:25 am

Marya wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:We ve tried all sorts, the most we had success with, which I'm sticking with now forever, is morDHA and moreEPA. We started with the latter for inflammation and now we are doing 2 capsules moreDHA in the morning. It contains some EPA for inflammation but dha is more for intelligence and this is been absolutely brilliant for us ( we are doing other stuff as well but I noticed big difference with this is one!)

Good luck X

Hi Nikkie, which brand of fish oil are you taking?
I'm taking flaxseed oil from GNC

MoreEPA, moreDHA there is a stronger version as well called platinum :)

Jillh

Postby Jillh » Mon May 29, 2017 11:11 am

FatherOf2 wrote:I am a big fan of Krill oil recently. It contains the same EPA and DHA, but bonded to phospholipids (mostly PC and much less PS), which increases their bioavailability while also providing Choline and Astaxanthin. I use the brand Sports Research with Superba 2. 1 softgel in the morning.

Does your son swallow the capsule? Or can you pierce it and mix in juice? My son won't take capsules. I read up on this product and we are going to give it a try:)

FatherOf2

Postby FatherOf2 » Mon May 29, 2017 12:30 pm

Jillh wrote:Does your son swallow the capsule? Or can you pierce it and mix in juice? My son won't take capsules. I read up on this product and we are going to give it a try:)

He swallows capsules and softgels now at age of 8. If he wasn't, I would poke a hole in the softgel with fork and squeeze the contents into a spoon or a food. Be careful with hot food because it can oxidize the oil. Better give it in a spoon followed by a reward like FiberChoice gummy (get that Inulin according to Nemecheck). There are two brand of Krill oil: Superba 2 and Neptune Krill Oil. Superba 2 comes in big 1g softgels. NKO comes in capsules half filled with Krill oil sealed with nitrogen. I have both brands and NKO seems less trustworthy (I just don't like when they fill capsules half way).

Jillh

Postby Jillh » Mon May 29, 2017 6:57 pm

Thank you!! Going to order the Superba 2:)

Jillh

Postby Jillh » Mon May 29, 2017 7:08 pm

FatherOf2 wrote:
Jillh wrote:Does your son swallow the capsule? Or can you pierce it and mix in juice? My son won't take capsules. I read up on this product and we are going to give it a try:)

He swallows capsules and softgels now at age of 8. If he wasn't, I would poke a hole in the softgel with fork and squeeze the contents into a spoon or a food. Be careful with hot food because it can oxidize the oil. Better give it in a spoon followed by a reward like FiberChoice gummy (get that Inulin according to Nemecheck). There are two brand of Krill oil: Superba 2 and Neptune Krill Oil. Superba 2 comes in big 1g softgels. NKO comes in capsules half filled with Krill oil sealed with nitrogen. I have both brands and NKO seems less trustworthy (I just don't like when they fill capsules half way).

Is the Superba 2 from Sports Research in a Black bottle with red writing? Want to make sure I'm buying the correct one. Thanks!!

FatherOf2

Postby FatherOf2 » Mon May 29, 2017 11:51 pm

Jillh wrote:Is the Superba 2 from Sports Research in a Black bottle with red writing? Want to make sure I'm buying the correct one. Thanks!!

Yes, it is. I bought mine on Amazon.

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:00 am

Jillh 2 more posters replied to your query.... That's what will stop getting people offering help in this forum, the lack of appreciation!

Jillh

Postby Jillh » Tue May 30, 2017 7:08 am

Nikkie111 - I am very thankful to everyone that responded. I was simply asking that poster specifically as that was the same product I was already looking at. But you see I did say "thank you, I'm going to order Superba 2", which wasn't a quoted direct reply to one individual. That was a thank you to all and a statement of my decision. I apologize that I didn't list each individual I was thanking. As I'm sure you understand not many of us have time to personally respond and thank each and every post. I assumed it was a given that we all share and appreciate information and experiences. My apologies if you somehow took it personally as that's not what my intentions were. Have a great day.

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Wed May 31, 2017 5:27 pm

Jillh wrote:Nikkie111 - I am very thankful to everyone that responded. I was simply asking that poster specifically as that was the same product I was already looking at. But you see I did say "thank you, I'm going to order Superba 2", which wasn't a quoted direct reply to one individual. That was a thank you to all and a statement of my decision. I apologize that I didn't list each individual I was thanking. As I'm sure you understand not many of us have time to personally respond and thank each and every post. I assumed it was a given that we all share and appreciate information and experiences. My apologies if you somehow took it personally as that's not what my intentions were. Have a great day.

No worries -I hope you find something good for your boy x

Jillh

Postby Jillh » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:43 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:
Jillh wrote:Nikkie111 - I am very thankful to everyone that responded. I was simply asking that poster specifically as that was the same product I was already looking at. But you see I did say "thank you, I'm going to order Superba 2", which wasn't a quoted direct reply to one individual. That was a thank you to all and a statement of my decision. I apologize that I didn't list each individual I was thanking. As I'm sure you understand not many of us have time to personally respond and thank each and every post. I assumed it was a given that we all share and appreciate information and experiences. My apologies if you somehow took it personally as that's not what my intentions were. Have a great day.

No worries -I hope you find something good for your boy x

:D me too:))

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”