A bad headache with lack of sleep and disorganised thoughts

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Marya

A bad headache with lack of sleep and disorganised thoughts

Postby Marya » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:32 am

Hi everyone,
I'm suffering from a bad headache, lack of sleep, forgetful moments and disorganised thoughts, and sometimes I feel that my brain is overactive. This is the second time this case hits me. The first time I went to my GP and they did blood test for hormones/minerals/vitamins and they were all ok. They wanted to prescribe me ADHA drug like Retalin but I refused. Thank God I didnt take it otherwise my head would have exposured.
I went to another GP and he prescribed SSI drug and sleeping bills. I only took the sleeping bills for a few days because I wasn't suffering from depression. I have spoken to a friend of mine who has a psychatrist friend and they assume that this is due to GABA function. Would anyone please advise me for any supplements that may help with this case?
I have a recommendation of Passiflora or Valerian. What do you think about them? Somebody also recommended Taurine for GABA.
Hope anyone here could help.

FatherOf2

Re: A bad headache with lack of sleep and disorganised thoughts

Postby FatherOf2 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:42 pm

Taurine is great for sleep. Also warm milk before bed.

Marya

Postby Marya » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:53 pm

FatherOf2 wrote:Taurine is great for sleep. Also warm milk before bed.

Thank you @FatherOf2
I woud try Taurine, but for how long should I take it?
I can't drink milk because I'm lactose intolerance.
And what do you think of Passiflora and Valerian?

FatherOf2

Postby FatherOf2 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:33 pm

You can take Taurine forever. It is in some sports drinks. I dont like Valerian. Never tried Passiflora.
Last edited by FatherOf2 on Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CdB

Postby CdB » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:58 pm

Sounds to me that you lack the Lactobacillus and Bifidobacteriums which produce GABA (lactose intolerance is a huge sign that you lack Lactobacillus bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophilus which produce lactase enzyme)

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/ev ... probiotics

Marya

Postby Marya » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:27 pm

FatherOf2 wrote:You can take Taurine forever. It is in some sports drinks. I dont like Valerian. Never tried Passiflora.

Thank you so much for the reply.

Marya

Postby Marya » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:29 pm

CdB wrote:Sounds to me that you lack the Lactobacillus and Bifidobacteriums which produce GABA (lactose intolerance is a huge sign that you lack Lactobacillus bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophilus which produce lactase enzyme)

Can I take GABA supplements directly then? Or some GABA activation receptores like Taurine?
Does GABA dysfunction cause disorganised thoughts with a memory issue?

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:47 pm

Marya not sure how old you are but have you checked your thyroid?

Marya

Postby Marya » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:41 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:Marya not sure how old you are but have you checked your thyroid?

Hi Nikkie, I'm 30 years old. Yes I have checked my thyroid with other hormones and they are all ok.

CdB

Postby CdB » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:23 pm

Marya wrote:
CdB wrote:Sounds to me that you lack the Lactobacillus and Bifidobacteriums which produce GABA (lactose intolerance is a huge sign that you lack Lactobacillus bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophilus which produce lactase enzyme)

Can I take GABA supplements directly then? Or some GABA activation receptores like Taurine?
Does GABA dysfunction cause disorganised thoughts with a memory issue?

I don't have experience with those, I make special yogurts with heterofermenters Lactobacillies and Bifidobacteriums and take that every day.

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:46 am

Marya wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:Marya not sure how old you are but have you checked your thyroid?

Hi Nikkie, I'm 30 years old. Yes I have checked my thyroid with other hormones and they are all ok.

And T3? That's the important bit
Otherwise possibly focus on your gut that where most of the neurotransmitters are made
Do you have a good gluten free diet? You could try CdB s yogurts with raw milk?

jaumeb

Postby jaumeb » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:11 am

I have not experimented with passiflora or valerian root but those would be my first choices. I am currently looking into dr Sarno ideas about mindbody connections.

Marya

Postby Marya » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:08 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:
Marya wrote:

Otherwise possibly focus on your gut that where most of the neurotransmitters are made

I think T3 was included as well. My GP told me that my thyroid and other hormones are ok. I just remember now that 2 years ago when I had my check up folic acid was low, and when I had my genetics analysis I had a gene of possibly impaired folate metabolism. Do you think that's why floic acid was low?
Yes, I'm on gluten free diet except a day or 2 days during the month!

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:42 am

Marya wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:
Marya wrote:Hi Nikkie, I'm 30 years old. Yes I have checked my thyroid with other hormones and they are all ok.

I think T3 was included as well. My GP told me that my thyroid and other hormones are ok. I just remember now that 2 years ago when I had my check up folic acid was low, and when I had my genetics analysis I had a gene of possibly impaired folate metabolism. Do you think that's why floic acid was low?

Yes maybe you could try folate if you think you're lacking that certain metabolism

To be honest if you have a fantastic thyroid you're very lucky considering a massive percentage of people on this spectrum have TSH and T3 issues so if you have thoughts issue is probably take something with alpha gpc to increase choline . I personally take a supplement called Modify and it's bloody good (I have same issues as you by the way)
Good luck x

Hasson

Postby Hasson » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:54 pm

FatherOf2 wrote:Taurine is great for sleep. Also warm milk before bed.

I thought Taurine was a stimulant.

Marya

Postby Marya » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:08 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:
Marya wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:And T3? That's the important bit

Yes maybe you could try folate if you think you're lacking that certain metabolism

To be honest if you have a fantastic thyroid you're very lucky considering a massive percentage of people on this spectrum have TSH and T3 issues so if you have thoughts issue is probably take something with alpha gpc to increase choline . I personally take a supplement called Modify and it's bloody good (I have same issues as you by the way)
Good luck x

Yes thank God my thyroid is good. I'm taking B-complex which has Choline 250mg in it but I haven't noticed anything since I've started it 5 months ago! Probably I should try alpha gpc then?
I've looked up Modify but couldn't find anything about it. Could you please let me know which brand? Btw are you on asperger's?

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:50 pm

Marya wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:
Marya wrote:I think T3 was included as well. My GP told me that my thyroid and other hormones are ok. I just remember now that 2 years ago when I had my check up folic acid was low, and when I had my genetics analysis I had a gene of possibly impaired folate metabolism. Do you think that's why floic acid was low?

Good luck x

Yes thank God my thyroid is good. I'm taking B-complex which has Choline 250mg in it but I haven't noticed anything since I've started it 5 months ago! Probably I should try alpha gpc then?
I've looked up Modify but couldn't find anything about it. Could you please let me know which brand? Btw are you on asperger's?

Sorry modafy:-)
It's this one https://www.mymodafy.com/benefits-of-alpha-gpc/
It has caffeine so can't give it to kiddy so just give him alpha gpc with vinpocetin ... You could try alpha gpc it's totally different from other choline types and you must take it wih bit of food or oil.... It might not do anything but stats show many benefit
No I'm not, kiddy is -was as he's doing great - but I have lots of focus, concentration, inflammation issues so I feel for you !!!!

Marya

Postby Marya » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:31 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:
Marya wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:Yes maybe you could try folate if you think you're lacking that certain metabolism

Good luck x

Sorry modafy:-)
It's this one https://www.mymodafy.com/benefits-of-alpha-gpc/
It has caffeine so can't give it to kiddy so just give him alpha gpc with vinpocetin ... You could try alpha gpc it's totally different from other choline types and you must take it wih bit of food or oil.... It might not do anything but stats show many benefit
No I'm not, kiddy is -was as he's doing great - but I have lots of focus, concentration, inflammation issues so I feel for you !!!!

I had a look at Modafy, it seems very good!
I tried Vinpocetin before but I only noticed the benefits for a few days and the result wore off, i was taking 5mg then 10mg. How about the does you are taking?
I would try alpha gpc but i need to make sure that wouldn't affect dopamine and serotonin.
Have you ever tried Rhodiola?

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:41 am

Rhodiola was ok but not good enough for my symptoms hence didn't give it to my kid either. Vinpocetine must be taken with food and good choline- did you try it like this?
To be honest depends on the severity and source of your issues but if you don't mind trying something new go for alpha gpc, it could be proven cr*p but worth it.
Good luck x

Marya

Postby Marya » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:31 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:Rhodiola was ok but not good enough for my symptoms hence didn't give it to my kid either. Vinpocetine must be taken with food and good choline- did you try it like this?
To be honest depends on the severity and source of your issues but if you don't mind trying something new go for alpha gpc, it could be proven cr*p but worth it.
Good luck x

I took Vinpocetine with food but in its own not with choline. I would try to take it with choline and see.
Alpha gpc will be next in my list. I'm taking Bacopa now for alomst 2 months but haven't noticed anything!

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”