Estrogen dominance as a cause of autism

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

luis

Estrogen dominance as a cause of autism

Postby luis » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:01 pm

Hi,

Have you read about it ? Maternal high estrogen causing autism.

http://digitalrepository.trincoll.edu/c ... ext=theses

My wife has high estrogen.

Best,
Luis.

luis

Re: Estrogen dominance as a cause of autism

Postby luis » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:53 am

This forum has been a little "weak", very few posts. What I wish to put in discussion is that some doctors blame high testosterone for autism, while others blame it on high estrogen.

Considering that they both come from DHEA, and that when one is high, usually the other is low, it would be useful to come to a conclusion. In another topic (from 8 years ago, that I've bumped yesterday), the author told us that his son had very high estrogen, and low testosterone.

If this doesn't interest to anyone, OK.

FatherOf2

Postby FatherOf2 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:58 pm

The problem with the estrogen theory and autism is that there are so many of them, that it is impossible to properly evaluate them or even keep track of them. For imstance, the following theories recently crossed my path:

1. pale skin kids or kids with pigmentation issues are more prone to be autistic. It has something to do woth vit D and parents trying to protect kids from the sun. There are also genetics leading to autism and manifesting as pigmentation spots etc.

2. autism is a metabolic disorder and can be treated by antagonizing P2X receptors with suramin.

3 autism is related to broken BCAA absorption and somehow connected to parents.

4. autism is related to immune response of mother during gestation.

5. autism is related to the method of delivery such as c section, which removes an essential component in development.

6 autism is related to new pediatric practice of advising parents to make their newborns sleep on their backs to avoid sibs deaths. But thousands of years newborns were sleelimg on tummies.

7. autism is related to kids spending very little time crawling, which affects their brain develooment.

8 Autism is related to vaccines given so much to kids with immature immune systems

Marya

Postby Marya » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:04 pm

FatherOf2 wrote:The problem with the estrogen theory and autism is that there are so many of them, that it is impossible to properly evaluate them or even keep track of them. For imstance, the following theories recently crossed my path:

1. pale skin kids or kids with pigmentation issues are more prone to be autistic. It has something to do woth vit D and parents trying to protect kids from the sun. There are also genetics leading to autism and manifesting as pigmentation spots etc.

2. autism is a metabolic disorder and can be treated by antagonizing P2X receptors with suramin.

3 autism is related to broken BCAA absorption and somehow connected to parents.

4. autism is related to immune response of mother during gestation.

5. autism is related to the method of delivery such as c section, which removes an essential component in development.

6 autism is related to new pediatric practice of advising parents to make their newborns sleep on their backs to avoid sibs deaths. But thousands of years newborns were sleelimg on tummies.

7. autism is related to kids spending very little time crawling, which affects their brain develooment.

8 Autism is related to vaccines given so much to kids with immature immune systems

I would also include one more theory to Fatherof2;
9 Autism is related to oxidative stress and Mitochondrial dysfunction. Here is a link of a study for this
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4001006/
I think an autistic could have one or some of these disorders or what cause the syndrome could be one of these. that's why the treatment may be different from a child to another. For example I do have an oxidative stress in the mitochondria along with other issues and when I'm on MSM and good anti-oxidants I come over 80% of them.

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”