Marked improvement on amoxicillin

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Jillh

Marked improvement on amoxicillin

Postby Jillh » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:08 pm

My son has a susceptibility to strep. We believe he also suffers from PANDAS when he has strep. That said we are hyper vigilant about strep exposure and treating it quickly. He was prescribed amoxicillin in spring of 2016, winter of 2016 and yesterday. We are now 3 for 3 seeing drastic behavioral improvements while taking this. Literally over night. He wakes up and is so much calmer, compulsive behaviors way down, more laid back, transitions beautifully, and no scripting (which he did constantly). One might say it's bc he's feeling better, but these behaviors were present before he became ill. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this? Thanks!

Nikkie111

Re: Marked improvement on amoxicillin

Postby Nikkie111 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:50 pm

Hey lovely- yes its common amoxicillin effect, if you have time to have a look at previous threads the response is normal
There is a member here CdB who managed to treat her daughter's pandas with herbal antibiotics
Just make sure you give lots of probiotics few hours away x

CdB

Postby CdB » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:41 am

We've discussed this few years ago, I will bump that thread for you.

CdB

Postby CdB » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:16 am

My experience with PANDAS is that herb Cryptolepis works great but needs to be supplemented long term. We do get rid of it but it comes back in the winter, 60% of our school district had strep this year.

Antibiotics will kill bacteria that causes metabolites that affect brain in negative way so many parents report great results while the kids are on antibiotics but after stopping the antibiotics bacterias come back and symptoms return. Also, some antibiotics are anti-inflammatory which helps a lot.

Jillh

Postby Jillh » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:33 pm

Thanks both for your responses! It's very interesting that we are now 3:3 having this response. I found a study run by NofOne. http://www.nofone.org/bcm-antibiotic-response-study
We are going to be a part of it to help provide info to see if they can see some patterns with antibiotic use.

Thanks so the replies!!!

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”