Looking for experienced biomedical practitioners

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

suzy-415

Looking for experienced biomedical practitioners

Postby suzy-415 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:13 pm

Like many of you, I've spent countless hours trying to figure out my son's issues - the biomedical stuff, the genetics, the supplements, etc. He's had a few unsuccessful rounds of neurofeedback, he's been on a compound supplement based on Dr. William Walsh's theories, he's been on my pick of supplements based on all my readings. Now we are seeing a functional neurologist who is wonderful in some ways, but can't be expert in everything. She has ordered a number of labs in the last few months. And we have tons of labs from about 1.5 years ago when we worked with the other functional MD. I feel like the next best thing to do is find 2-3 docs who really get the biomedical stuff and can review our labs, symptoms and make some recommendations. For example, looking at the latest labs, I see my son has low ferritin and high B12. I probably just spent 10 hours trying to figure out what that means - would iron supplementation help? Does high B12 really mean low B12 because the body is not absorbing? I'm just not smart enough to put it all together. So I'm looking for recommendations for biomedical practitioners, only ones that have proven helpful to you! Thanks :) Oh, and if anyone has seen someone good in the Seattle area, that would be especially good!

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”