URIC acid Low / Creatinine Low issues - Renal issue?

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

miraclev25

URIC acid Low / Creatinine Low issues - Renal issue?

Postby miraclev25 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:19 am

My son was on a strict paleo for 3 months and with no supplements all from dec to march 2017
He had constipation issues but eye contact seemed better.

March 2017

BLOOD Test :

Low uric acid : 2.4 mg/dl Normal Range male : 3.5 to 7.2 mg/dl
Low creatinine serum : 0.5 mg/dl Normal Range male : 0.6 to 1.1 mg/dl

APR 2017 :

Low urine creatinine : 24 hour test-12.56 mg/dl Normal Range : 23.00-205.00 mg/dL

His urine Calcium (very low), iron (very low) , Magnesium, Copper, selenium, Pottasium , Sulphur (very low)
but hemoglobin and folate seems to be fine.
And Blood calcium seems fine.

July 2017
From April we follow normal GFCFSF diet, no constipation.
was on calcium,magnesium,iron,super nu thera supplements

RENAL FUNCTION TEST :

Low Creatinine (blood) : 0.52 mg/dl Normal Range : 0.9 - 1.30 (Method:Modified Jaffe Kinetic)
Low uric acid : 2.12 mg/dl Normal Range : 4.4 - 7.6 (Method:Uricase/Peroxidase)

URINE creatinine : 22.3 mg/dl

VITAMIN B6/P5P : 64.59 ng/ml : 5 - 50 ng/ml

what could be the underlying cause for low uric acid. will it a problem to renal function.
we have done extensive vit and mineral tests ,if its required can post it.

Nikkie111

Re: URIC acid Low / Creatinine Low issues - Renal issue?

Postby Nikkie111 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:51 am

Low uric acid means low antioxidant activity ...

miraclev25

Postby miraclev25 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:03 am

Nikkie111 wrote:Low uric acid means low antioxidant activity ...

Thanks Nikkie111,
we have been giving the below for past 2 weeks, Hope these bring back the uric acid levels to normal.

Cq10 25mg : morning,
Krill oil 1000mg (sports research - Omega-3 Phospholipids with Astaxanthin) every alternate day : Noon
1 oral capsule of krikmans - reduced L Glutathione 100mg : night

would this help.

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:48 am

miraclev25 wrote:

Thanks Nikkie111,
we have been giving the below for past 2 weeks, Hope these bring back the uric acid levels to normal.

Krill oil 1000mg (sports research - Omega-3 Phospholipids with Astaxanthin) every alternate day : Noon

would this help.

Hmmm not sure- we have the opposite problem, the imunovir I use can actually raise uric acid
To be honest my approach is targeting the cause rather than the symptom , you'd need to see what potentially is lowering the antioxidant activity
Maybe look into Antivirals or try to assess how your kid behaves or behaved in the past with viruses

Good luck x

FatherOf2

Postby FatherOf2 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:02 am

miraclev25 wrote:

Thanks Nikkie111,

would this help.

You have to be carefull with oral Glutathione. First, it is not even absorbed orally as far as I remember. But most importantly, it will cause yeast overgrowth and GI issues. There is no easy way to supplement Glutathione. The best way is to give an IV injection, but that is traumatic. We tried Glutathione cream on the back and saw no effect. You are better off using supplements that lead to higher Glutathion such as NAC (precursor of Glutathione, also causes yeast overgrowth) or ALA (chelator, need to follow Andy Cutler protocol, will also cause yeast overgrowth). Sulfur containing foods like Broccoli should also help with minimum effect on GI. Selenium and Milk Thistle will increase Glutathione without GI issues.

From what I have read, low uric acid by itself doesn't mean much and may be marker for some other problem. It may be a result of a diet (e.g. vegeterian diet) and is often ignored. If you want to raise uric acid, Inositol is recommended. But if I were you, I would ask a doctor to prescribe additional tests (including genetic one) to rule out more serious underlying conditions. Or, you can do your own 23&me genetic test.

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:40 pm

FatherOf2 wrote:
miraclev25 wrote:

Thanks Nikkie111,

would this help.

You have to be carefull with oral Glutathione. First, it is not even absorbed orally as far as I remember. But most importantly, it will cause yeast overgrowth and GI issues. There is no easy way to supplement Glutathione. The best way is to give an IV injection, but that is traumatic. We tried Glutathione cream on the back and saw no effect. You are better off using supplements that lead to higher Glutathion such as NAC (precursor of Glutathione, also causes yeast overgrowth) or ALA (chelator, need to follow Andy Cutler protocol, will also cause yeast overgrowth). Sulfur containing foods like Broccoli should also help with minimum effect on GI. Selenium and Milk Thistle will increase Glutathione without GI issues.

From what I have read, low uric acid by itself doesn't mean much and may be marker for some other problem. It may be a result of a diet (e.g. vegeterian diet) and is often ignored. If you want to raise uric acid, Inositol is recommended. But if I were you, I would ask a doctor to prescribe additional tests (including genetic one) to rule out more serious underlying conditions. Or, you can do your own 23&me genetic test.

That's true inositol does raise it - imunovir is made from it - just needs caution but it's worth trying! Raises NK cells as well :wink:

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”