Autism Treatments that work

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

indecisive

Autism Treatments that work

Postby indecisive » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:37 am

Hi !

I'm new here.
I'm a 21 years old girl, who have realized that something wrong was happening in my early teens. I began to dring a lot of alcohol on weekends to mask my social problems, but I wasn't conscient. After that I fell in a big depresion in my 16/17 because I realized I couldn't socially relate. It was so hard. I'am in antidepressant treatment since that, but now I have the same problems, I can't to fit in with others, look for a topic of conversation sometimes is hard, and I feel so different from others. Also I have cognitive problems of memory and concentration, and also fatigue and low energy. (further dark circles under my eyes)
I relate all these sympyoms with asperger syndrome, and I would love to try to improve them.

It's so hard to me start a restrictive diet to kill Candida for exemple.
Is it diet so important in the process ?

Do you have seen improvements in symptoms and in your general health by treating them with the supplements recomends in the other especific thread ??

Thanks a lot for the attention guys !

SedesGobhani

Re: Autism Treatments that work

Postby SedesGobhani » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:50 pm

Hi;

Not sure whether that's Aspergers or not. One of my boys has Aspergers and his symptoms are avoiding eye contact, frequent bouts of depression or hyperactivity, broken record (stuck on one subject). He's also a math genius (though I'm not sure that's anything here nor there).

I've read that dark circles under eyes were a sign of zinc deficiency, and/or collagen deficiency. Might try a supp.

If you are up for more of an effort, have you considered trying different dietary changes and keeping a log? I've recently gone vegan because of the various videos on nutritionfacts.org and have started feeling better with more energy. I've also followed his recommendations for cutting out nearly all fat (I allow myself just a bit of olive oil), and feel lighter and happier. It's a fact that vegans (the ones that eat lots of leafy greens and variety of other veggies, not just the ones who eat fried tofu) get a LOT of vitamins in their natural form. You'll also have a much healthier microbiome since our digestive tracts are better suited for plant foods.

Seriously I have another boy who had full blown autism, and now he's got great grades, lots of friends at school, and is 15 beginning driver training. It took a long time to realize that it was what he was eating that was causing his symptoms (spinning, stimming, humming). Everything for him improved after taking him off gluten & sucrose. Diet plays a larger role than we realize.

DanceProphecy

Postby DanceProphecy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:51 am

The best way to look for treatment is to go to a doctor who expert in your situation. Do not be afraid and tell your story.

williams_dad

Postby williams_dad » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:35 am

dont think about restrictive diets yet
first you need a decent supplement regime
a decent multivitamin would be a good start
some thing like
https://au.iherb.com/pr/Thorne-Research ... Caps/18680
although you wouldnt need to take full dose every day
but the key is to get enough B-vitamins

another thing is fish oil, you can get odourless ones

and if you can, get some fresh fruit into you