First Intervention Hbot ??

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Fightautism

First Intervention Hbot ??

Postby Fightautism » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:49 pm

Dear parents,

Mother of 25 months old diagnosed with mild traits of autism. She does not respond by name, very hyper active and do not follow directions.
She is born by c section and colic baby.Felt like her tummy is sensitive and she cries at night if she eats any new foods than her usual routine.Couldnt start on GFCF diet as she is very picky eater.She is trying to imitate the things she sees in TV and socialize good with others. She speaks like 10 words, but babble all the time. She is on fish oil right now and devpedia asked us to start on ABA,Speech and OT. Is it good idea to start HBOT first? Read many threads here and confused on what to start with? Please guide me

FatherOf2

Re: First Intervention Hbot ??

Postby FatherOf2 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:55 am

Fightautism wrote:Dear parents,

Mother of 25 months old diagnosed with mild traits of autism. She does not respond by name, very hyper active and do not follow directions.
She is born by c section and colic baby.Felt like her tummy is sensitive and she cries at night if she eats any new foods than her usual routine.Couldnt start on GFCF diet as she is very picky eater.She is trying to imitate the things she sees in TV and socialize good with others. She speaks like 10 words, but babble all the time. She is on fish oil right now and devpedia asked us to start on ABA,Speech and OT. Is it good idea to start HBOT first? Read many threads here and confused on what to start with? Please guide me

I would recommend first seeing a neurologist and checking EEG to rule out Landau-Kleffner syndrome and to start an anti-seizure treatment if EEG is abnormal. After that, I would recommend HBOT. I would also recommend to look into gut issues, run a stool analysis on gut flora. A simple Nemechek protocol (FiberChoice gummies with Inulin in addition to the fish oil she is already taking) can help together with some probiotics depending on gut flora analysis. I would recommend starting ABA, ST and OT right away.

Fightautism

Re: First Intervention Hbot ??

Postby Fightautism » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:57 pm

Thank you so much for responding. Dev pediatrician did her EEG and didnt find anything abnormal. Will check the protocol you mentioned.

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”