Lemon balm?

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Jillh

Lemon balm?

Postby Jillh » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:09 pm

I'm my research of Buspar I've come across some interesting articles on Lemon Balm. Has anyone used this? We are hoping to address anxiety and hyperactivity. Thanks!

Marya

Re: Lemon balm?

Postby Marya » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:29 pm

Jillh wrote:I'm my research of Buspar I've come across some interesting articles on Lemon Balm. Has anyone used this? We are hoping to address anxiety and hyperactivity. Thanks!

Hi Jillh, I was looking up Buspar! I think it is very good for anxiety, I may try it later because I have a panic disorder(fear and pounding heartbeat)
I tried Lemon Balm already but only once and it was ok, it gave me a sedative feeling and ease anxiety. I took it per a pharmacist recommendation. There are also some research about it that it boost GABA level in the brain. Passiflora also same as Lemon Balm.

Jillh

Re: Lemon balm?

Postby Jillh » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:26 am

Thanks so much for your reply! My son currently takes a product called Neural Balance it contains Passiflora. It really seems to be helping him:) He's still very hyperactive and has some issues with anxiety and obsessive interests. So I was thinking of adding the Lemon Balm on days he needs to calm himself a bit more.

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”