Chinese skullcap

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

salempeacock

Chinese skullcap

Postby salempeacock » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:06 am

Anybody has used Chinese skull cap for autism or ADHD? If so please post it's effectiveness both positive and negative. Thank you.

Nikkie111

Re: Chinese skullcap

Postby Nikkie111 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:12 am

We ve been using for last 6-7 months as part of antiviral regime... Hard to say if this works on it's own as herbs are supposed to be given with others as they work synergeticly. The only thing I can say is that for my little one I couldn't give it after 4pm as it raised his histamine level and he couldn't sleep so it's worth experimenting

Also give it away from drugs as it makes them more powerful (something to do with the liver)

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:46 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:We ve been using for last 6-7 months as part of antiviral regime... Hard to say if this works on it's own as herbs are supposed to be given with others as they work synergeticly. The only thing I can say is that for my little one I couldn't give it after 4pm as it raised his histamine level and he couldn't sleep so it's worth experimenting

Also give it away from drugs as it makes them more powerful (something to do with the liver)

I read Dr buhner's book and he said this herb is good for brain fog and brain inflammation. I'm planning to order it but i have to think about histamine issue. I'm not sure does he has histamine problem but he always hyper since we start Valtrex and LDN. By the way, does your son has rash or fever with Valtrex in the beginning? I remember when we 1st time tried valtrex he had a lot of rash around his body just after two days with it. But we didn't have any fever, running nose, rash....this time at all.
I will up to 1200mg from next Monday. We are now on 1000, and I give him 4 times a day.
Thanks a lot.

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:00 pm

i-jerry wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:We ve been using for last 6-7 months as part of antiviral regime... Hard to say if this works on it's own as herbs are supposed to be given with others as they work synergeticly. The only thing I can say is that for my little one I couldn't give it after 4pm as it raised his histamine level and he couldn't sleep so it's worth experimenting

I read Dr buhner's book and he said this herb is good for brain fog and brain inflammation. I'm planning to order it but i have to think about histamine issue. I'm not sure does he has histamine problem but he always hyper since we start Valtrex and LDN. By the way, does your son has rash or fever with Valtrex in the beginning? I remember when we 1st time tried valtrex he had a lot of rash around his body just after two days with it. But we didn't have any fever, running nose, rash....this time at all.
I will up to 1200mg from next Monday. We are now on 1000, and I give him 4 times a day.
Thanks a lot.

We stopped valtrex with my little one it just wasn't working - my oldest thrived on it my little one is a mess possibly cause with my oldest I has done looooooaaaaads of stuff before valtrex who knows? It's a massive shame cause on valtrex he got potty trained in 2 days (!!!!!!!) and started speaking sentences but his eye contact is an absolute mess!
So just started the natural antivirals (skullcap, OLE, isatis and ginger/propolis) with LDN

With my oldest he had fever and rash on his face that went on for couple of months!
If yours is getting hyper/irritated it could be yeast, bacteria steering who knows maybe it's too much for him and something needs to go
Skullcap might not raise histamine for others but he brought a specific symptom for my youngest which is always a histamine issue for him so had to give it morning only...

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:02 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:

Thanks a lot.

We stopped valtrex with my little one it just wasn't working - my oldest thrived on it my little one is a mess possibly cause with my oldest I has done looooooaaaaads of stuff before valtrex who knows? It's a massive shame cause on valtrex he got potty trained in 2 days (!!!!!!!) and started speaking sentences but his eye contact is an absolute mess!
So just started the natural antivirals (skullcap, OLE, isatis and ginger/propolis) with LDN

With my oldest he had fever and rash on his face that went on for couple of months!
If yours is getting hyper/irritated it could be yeast, bacteria steering who knows maybe it's too much for him and something needs to go
Skullcap might not raise histamine for others but he brought a specific symptom for my youngest which is always a histamine issue for him so had to give it morning only...

currently, I'm trying to give him high does of probiotics and ignore his hyper behaviour :oops: , he is getting better with valtrex and LDN we believe.
hope LDN could fix his gut and hyper behaviour in a few months later.
Do you do 23 and me test on your children? We just received report last week and still try to find out more from it.
Basically my son is low in Vit A and D, also has some gene make he is much more sensitive compared with other children. My husband has very sensitive skin and has rash on his body all year round.
My son has double vaccine in two countries by mistake, I don't want to count but i think he had at least 20 different things since birth, how stupid we are. His bored with low immune system and has eczema in just one week old with formula milk. Gp send us to hospital has anti probiotic IV 3 days and plenty oral one in his first year. and no one tell us we need to give him probiotics to help maintain his gut balances.

from history and lab results, we believe viral is the biggest issue to make him autism. and anti viral should be one of the best ways to help him.
However, I'm don't know what is the best supplement list to help him, only keep trying.
Hope we all could find the best protocal for our poor children

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”