Shall i give mineral and vitamin with DMSA or not?

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

i-jerry

Shall i give mineral and vitamin with DMSA or not?

Postby i-jerry » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:31 am

Hi, finally our dr decided to use DMSA on my son. He said Dan's protocol, and we will follow andy's protocol. Our dr said we give all the supplements during on and off with dmsa is it correct?

I read on Andy's book and he recommend VC, Vb, magnesium, zinc, Va, selenium, flaxseed oil, milk thistle and molybdenum... but I'm not sure shall I give it only on the ' off ' days or everyday.

My son has both arsenic and copper issues. ALA is great for arsenic but will up copper's level. He had zinc since last year and serum zinc is 70 (range 40-74), but on his MT test there is only copper but no zinc. Andy said DMSA won't chelate copper and no ALA if copper is high.
Our dr said DMSA could remove all the metal and add ala. It really confuse me right now, does anyone know correct answer?

Thanks in advance

Nikkie111

Re: Shall i give mineral and vitamin with DMSA or not?

Postby Nikkie111 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:02 pm

i-jerry wrote:Hi, finally our dr decided to use DMSA on my son. He said Dan's protocol, and we will follow andy's protocol. Our dr said we give all the supplements during on and off with dmsa is it correct?

I read on Andy's book and he recommend VC, Vb, magnesium, zinc, Va, selenium, flaxseed oil, milk thistle and molybdenum... but I'm not sure shall I give it only on the ' off ' days or everyday.

My son has both arsenic and copper issues. ALA is great for arsenic but will up copper's level. He had zinc since last year and serum zinc is 70 (range 40-74), but on his MT test there is only copper but no zinc. Andy said DMSA won't chelate copper and no ALA if copper is high.
Our dr said DMSA could remove all the metal and add ala. It really confuse me right now, does anyone know correct answer?

Thanks in advance

I'm certainly not an expert but I'd probably give him a good load at the beginning and then at the end for two days. If I remember correctly that's what we did
It's not really science you just experiment based on result and behaviour as long as a professional like your doctor agree that everything you doing is safe

i-jerry

Re: Shall i give mineral and vitamin with DMSA or not?

Postby i-jerry » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:31 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:Hi, finally our dr decided to use DMSA on my son. He said Dan's protocol, and we will follow andy's protocol. Our dr said we give all the supplements during on and off with dmsa is it correct?

Thanks in advance

I'm certainly not an expert but I'd probably give him a good load at the beginning and then at the end for two days. If I remember correctly that's what we did
It's not really science you just experiment based on result and behaviour as long as a professional like your doctor agree that everything you doing is safe

thanks Nikkie, you are always help in here. By the way, are you still doing dmsa on your little one? My son's arsenic is 137 and it should under 50. And copper is 24.6, normal range is 4-11.4. I won't add ala right not but really don't know how to chelate copper. we had zinc over a year and PC 11 month both of them doesn't help.

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”