PEMF - imrs and bemer

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

miraclev25

PEMF - imrs and bemer

Postby miraclev25 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:43 pm

Hi

is anyone using the magnetic stimulation (PEMF) like BEMER/imrs /rTMS for treating autistic child.

our doctor after reviewing my son's PET Brain scan image said he may not require a HBOT but a Neurofeedback and rTMS could help him.
The results of the scan is as below

"Mild hypometabolism noted in cerebellum bilaterally
No definite scan evidence of abnormal metabolism in cerebellum
"

miraclev25

Re: PEMF - imrs and bemer

Postby miraclev25 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:25 am

We have choosen to rent bemer instead of IMRS. And we have been using it for 2 weeks now. we are seeing some progress like awareness, response to speech is little better, social is better, smile is increased. my child did not had much sleep issues.
However we shall observe for 2 or more months and share feedback.
thank you

Maggy

Postby Maggy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:17 pm

Hello miraclev,
What is PET brain scan and when do we need it for our kids?could you please explain me about this in detail if you could
My son is 3yr old recently diagnosed and we had his EEG(45 mins awake state)done and it's normal.we are following the biomedical treatment but speech is his biggest problem.

Thanks
Maggy

FatherOf2

Postby FatherOf2 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:42 pm

Being an electrical engineer with PhD and having studied the effect of electromagnetic fields on health as part of my thesis, I would stay away from PEMF. At low power, all PEMF is doing is heating the tissue, just like microwave oven. Heat increases the blood flow (body's way to cool down). I would rather use HBOT to deal with hypoperfusion or sauna. At high power, PEMF can break DNA bonds, cause cancer and birth defects. There was cancer cluster at UCLA of people who happened to work near a lab that conducted high-power pulsed EM experiments. EM radiation from electrical motors like those in electric cars or washers or even electric shavers can cause cancer. Houses near power lines are typically sold at discounts. You should google "electromagnetic radiation cancer" to find some relevant materials to read. For instance https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/major-cell-phone-radiation-study-reignites-cancer-questions/

My house is WiFi-free. I even paid $70 to our electric company to remove their "smart" power meter and put an old-fashion mechanical one, for which I pay additional $10/month for somebody to come out and read.

miraclev25

Postby miraclev25 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:37 am

Alright Fo2, Here is what i have known,

These are low PEMF mat/pad that helps in micro circulation of blood through the capillaries, not only the arteries and veins. BEMER is an officially authorised medical device in the EU (CE0483) of the class IIa (93/42/EEC). BEMER can improve restricted blood flow in the smallest blood vessels and thereby support the body's own self-healing and regeneration processes. Circulation is the human body’s supply system. 75% of it is located in the area of the smallest blood vessels (microcirculation), that is, in the area in which blood cells provide tissues and organs with nutrients and oxygen and on their way back take along waste products for disposal. It is only with the help of these supply and disposal processes that the body’s cells can perform their various life-sustaining tasks and provide the body with energy.

i have enquired with 3 or more users, whose child is autistic of which 1 professor of medicine and other is therapist. The professor is long time user 3+ years and not used any bio medical intervention for his daughter. These were his observations, " 1. she developed great immunity, rarely falls sick, and even if she falls sick she recovers fully without antibiotics", 2.flapping hands has disappeared 3. she became more social and interactive 4.started to write 5.Speech improved a lot" He also said :improvements are gradual rather anything miraculous as claimed".

And the therapist said her son is teen and his self talk is reduced 70 %, he is more focused and able to think after using it for about 3 weeks. Both of them doesn't take any biomeds but i guess professor takes homeopathy medicine for his daughter.

As mentioned above i could see my son smiling, more social,i think self talk is also reduced. However i shall observe for few more weeks and get back.

i have noted your suggestions too, will probe more. thank you.

miracle

miraclev25

Postby miraclev25 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:48 am

Maggy wrote:Hello miraclev,
What is PET brain scan and when do we need it for our kids?could you please explain me about this in detail if you could
My son is 3yr old recently diagnosed and we had his EEG(45 mins awake state)done and it's normal.we are following the biomedical treatment but speech is his biggest problem.

Thanks
Maggy

Maggy

PET Brain accurately details the size, shape, and function of the brain. Unlike other scans, a brain PET scan allows doctors a view of not only the structure of the brain, but how it is functioning as well. It can reveal which part of the brain the epilepsy is affecting and can help diagnose Alzheimer's disease by measuring the uptake of sugar in specific parts of the brain.Brain cells that are affected by Alzheimer's tend to use glucose more slowly than normal cells. child may get irritated for few days until the anesthesia effect subsides. my child seemed irritated too.
our doctor wanted to check if HBOT would help my son. As per the scan results, he concluded HBOT may not help my son as he has very mild issues and as child grows the brain can build better synapses to overcome it.

FatherOf2

Postby FatherOf2 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:52 am

I looked up FDA approvals for Bemer. It is approved as Class 1 medical devices. From wikipedia: Class I devices are not intended to help support or sustain life or be substantially important in preventing impairment to human health, and may not present an unreasonable risk of illness or injury. Most Class I devices are exempt from the premarket notification and a few are also exempted from most good manufacturing practices regulation. This class includes bandages, examination gloves, floss. The approval of medical devices is not as rigorous as drugs. All they have to show is equivalence to already sold devices. For instance, in the premarket notification of Bemer as muscle stimulator, it states
https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf15/k151834.pdf
We have reviewed your Section 510(k) premarket notification of intent to market the device referenced above and have determined the device is substantially equivalent (for the indications for use stated in the enclosure) to legally marketed predicate devices marketed in interstate commerce prior to May 28, 1976, the enactment date of the Medical Device Amendments, or to devices that have been reclassified in accordance with the provisions of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (Act) that do not require approval of a premarket approval application (PMA)...
Indications for Use (Describe)
- To temporarily increase local blood circulation in healthy leg muscles
- To stimulate healthy muscles in order to improve and facilitate muscle performance

So, FDA didn't require any proof that Bemer is doing something useful and or being safe while approving it. All it needed is that this device is "substantially equivalent" to some similar devices. Two devices are listed as being equivalent to Bemer: Revitive IX (stimulates via skin electrodes) and Neotonus MS-101 Magnetic Muscle Stim System (stimulates via magnetic field). Interestingly, neither of these two devices uses PEMF. It shows you how loose FDA requirements when it comes to approving medical devices of class 1. But, I am glad Bemer is helping your child.

PS. Found this site interesting, showing all different PEMF devices out there, including old ones: http://www.bioenergetischemedizin.de/magnetic_pulse.htm

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”