MSM is a cholinesterase inhibitor

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Marya

MSM is a cholinesterase inhibitor

Postby Marya » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:59 am

Hi all,
For people who tried MSM and found some mental effects as I did, and still wonder why. MSM is a cholinesterase inhibitor, thus, it increase Choline in the brain, but I think it is uknown how much. The source is https://www.jacoblab.com/ The inventor of MSM.
Personally my treatment beginning was with MSM but I stopped it accidently because I didn't know it is what gave me that result. However, I tried it again after a long period of time and it is somehow increased my cortisol (probably because I took a high dose)
I think MSM should be taken with cautious as it can cause heart palpitation, tight in chest and anxiety.

Apart from MSM, I think the main idea is cholinesterase inhibitor and increasing choline in the brain in this syndrome.

FatherOf2

Re: MSM is a cholinesterase inhibitor

Postby FatherOf2 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:17 am

In that case, you should try Galantamine.

Marya

Postby Marya » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:25 am

FatherOf2 wrote:In that case, you should try Galantamine.

Hi Fatherof2, I will try Galantamine, but I have a protocol and I'm not sure if my doctor will approve it. I have read loads of research about using Galantamine and CDP-choline in patients with autism and schizophrenia. However, I beleive that it is somehow better to take it separately as this, 1 week Galantamine or any cholinesterase inhibitor, and 3 weeks CDP-choline in a monthly basis. Assuming MSM is a cholinesterase inhibitor, my experince was different between it and CDP-choline. While on MSM, I feel that I have a mental energy, more speech and interest in people and activties so I will be more outgoing person. While on CDP-choline I feel that I have better cognition, and critical thinking for doing hard tasks like a research.

Marya

Postby Marya » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:22 pm

What I was trying to say in my previous post is that cholinesterase inhibitor is not always makes more choline! Exactly as SSRI that is not always sufficient to make more Serotonin. They just help in slowing the break down of those neurotransmitters, so it may make more if there are available essential proteins...etc. However, I beleive that cholinesterase inhibitor is important to regulate the receptors or avoiding desensitization, that's why I was thinking to take it for a week while off CDP-choline if the doctor agree.

Marya

Postby Marya » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:56 am

It is interesting that MSM can treat different Autism symptoms, PST deficiency is one of them, and the other is Choline deficiency. As well as it is a strong anti oxidant and anti inflammtory. That's how some parents of autistics claim that it is one of the best intervention of curing their children from Autism.

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”