Hair tests / New York

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

dawnrinchicago

Hair tests / New York

Postby dawnrinchicago » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:21 pm

I saw a post on a different thread regarding not being able to get hair tests in New York. I think there is at least one other state who bans them.

I believe the reason is because the tests were found not to be very consistent when the same hair was sent to different labs. Thus, the state legislature did not feel the tests were accurate.

Different labs have different procedures for hair, but Doctor's Data (DDI) is very reliable and is recommended for use with Andy Cutler's counting rules to determine mercury toxicity. You can order your own DDI test from www.directlabs.com (order the Hair Elements, NOT the Hair Toxic Elements), but I do not believe they will ship the test kit to states who have banned hair tests.

However, the test kit is only the size of an envelope. I wonder if anyone has ever had the kit shipped to an out-of-state relative and had the relative send it to them? It could always be sent right back to the lab (no return address), but the lab would end up mailing the results to the out-of-state address (which, I guess, could be forwarded). Hmm, just wondering.

As a lawyer, I would never encourage anyone to break the law, but I wonder if anyone has . . .

Dawn

TamiW

Postby TamiW » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:51 pm

:lol:
Tami

rose

Postby rose » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:30 pm

i'm veering a bit off the original post here, but i have few questions regarding Cutler's counting rules-
-is this something a DAN doc needs to interpret, or can anyone figure it out based on his book? does anyone know the title of the book?
-does it only apply to the metals HAIR test done by doctor's data?
(i've done the blood test for metals only)
thanks for any info!

Kenny V

Postby Kenny V » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:24 am

i'm veering a bit off the original post here, but i have few questions regarding Cutler's counting rules-
-is this something a DAN doc needs to interpret, or can anyone figure it out based on his book? does anyone know the title of the book?
-does it only apply to the metals HAIR test done by doctor's data?
(i've done the blood test for metals only)
thanks for any info!

Rose
No they don’t but you can teach them lol…if they are opened to learn.
Or just go about understanding it yourself. It is not that complicated to apply.

Hair Test Interpretation Finding Hidden Toxicities
http://www.noamalgam.com/hairtestbook.html

In our case we had them interpreted by Andy (the fine gentleman he is) because they were the old Great Smokies, Which is not as easy as a task to interpret the old format is rather complicated to apply.
Doctor’s Data’s and DDI direct labs have laid out easier format to use in the way it displays the range of essential elements.

Also I must mention that these tests are just Guidelines and tools and must be used properly like any other tool.
Remember that there are also what you call false negatives and doctors who are NOT familiar with this often miss heavy metal toxicity by just reading the toxic elements.
Remember our kids are POOR excreters.

That was what happened in our case Bc DAN doctor missed this or didn’t understand Impaired mineral transport, so we stopped chelating for over 1-1/2 years.

That is why I highly recommend at least getting familiar with understanding this component in regards to a chelation protocol.

Kenny V

rose

Postby rose » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:11 pm

Thanks a bunch, Kenny!

Elaine

Postby Elaine » Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:11 pm

Thank you, Dawn. I may end up trying to do that. We actually saved our son's haircut clippings when he was young, as a little token for his baby book - including a hair clipping 2 weeks after the DPT vaccine from LeDerle that threw him into autism. I am dying to test it and see what it shows. Thank you for the help -

Elaine
Elaine - Stevie's Mom

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”