Injection question...Rick, others....?

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Injection question...Rick, others....?

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:20 pm

Hi Everyone,

I saw the sample videos of the MB12 injections...does it matter if the needle is given in an upward or downward direction as long as it is a 30 degree angle? I think the parents were doing the injection in the butt -up (towards the upper body) as opposed to down (towards the legs/feet). Does that make sense? Help! Thanks.

rlneub

Postby rlneub » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:27 pm

Gravity does not effect mb12.

:)

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:40 pm

I know...silly question.
Sorry!
Paranoid Mom

Maryann R

MB12

Postby Maryann R » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:47 pm

Hi Chrissy,
Not a silly question. I watched the videos too and try to exactly replicate what they were doing but wondered if it could be done another way as well. Sometimes my son sleeps like a wild man and i never know how or where I'm going to be able to jab him (though thankfully he has enough fat there) Thanks for asking a question I'm sure a lot of us have wanted to ask!
M

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:46 pm

Maryann R

MB12

Postby Maryann R » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:10 am

Hi Chrissy,
I think when you're new (like me) and nervous, it can be scary trying to figure out how to do these things without someone right there with you assuring you .. I worried so much that I wasn't doing it "exactly'' like everyone else and just wanted to know if there were other or preferred ways or which way people had the most success with so I could give my son the best chance. As time has gone on I've relaxed (a bit) into it but I know when you are just starting out .. at least for me .. I wanted to make sure I was doing things the very best way I could so that my son would reap the same benefits as others and I wouldn't have to blame myself if he didn't. I had (and still do) have lots of questions that sound silly but at first I wondered things like "Well if I do it from this angle or that will I hurt something inside". It wasn't so much a gravity issue as a structural issue of my kiddos tush and needed to know I could not hurt him if I didn't do a certain way. Now I know that fat is fat and that's the main thing - get it into the fat at the right angle. I risk sounding like a fool alot .. but I still ask because I want to make sure I am doing things right because my son depends on me. :) <poor child>
Best of luck,
Maryann

Maryann R

MB12

Postby Maryann R » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:12 am

I should have added that fat in the butt is not the same as other fat and that it has to be fat in the butt.
M

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:23 am

Thanks, Maryann :) After I did the injection I realized it wasn't that hard (except that he is always sleeping in a different position!). The needle is so short...I was glad. I was expecting this long needle like you see on TV or something! Do you use the numbing cream? When does it 'wear off'? I put it on myself but couldn't be sure...I know it kicked in like 45 minutes later...the first time I did it he didn't fall asleep right away (I put it on when he was awake)...I was worried that it wore off when I did the shot because he moved a little bit when I did the injection. The second time I waited until asleep before I put the cream on. He didn't move except when I wiped him w/ the alcohol pad.

oops, forgot to log in.
Chrissy

rlneub

Postby rlneub » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:40 am

The numbing cream takes 40-60 minutes to work

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”