Nystatin four times a day

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Grace

Nystatin four times a day

Postby Grace » Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:22 pm

ok when she started and had bad reaction, we but it to two times a day. I am now ready to up it to three times...
I just can't see where to fit it in :?
I am seperating the Nystatin from the other supps because if I need to give her the charcoal, I don't want it to interfere with the other supps. So right now she is getting the nystatin mid morning and mid afternoon. There have been times she got the nystatin and didn't need the charcoal. But can I give the nystatin along with the other supps? Or does it need to be given alone?
~Blessed to be called Mama by many~

sashasmom

Postby sashasmom » Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:38 pm

You can give it with other supplements. If you can possibly not give the activated charcoal it may make your scheduling a little easier. My son never needed the charcoal with Nystatin b/c it was so mild with him. At one time it worked for him but a few months ago we did another stool analysis and it showed him being resistant to Nystatin so we don't use it anymore.

1TSP 4x's a day was his schedule and I just gave it to him from sun up until he went to bed. I think his last dose was before we laid him down to go to sleep.

Good luck!
Crystal

Grace

Postby Grace » Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:42 pm

thanks, Crystal. That helps alot. I will give it to her with the charcoal only as necesary...and the other two doses I will add in with the rest of the stuff!
~Blessed to be called Mama by many~

dawnrinchicago

Postby dawnrinchicago » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:21 pm

We've never needed the charcoal. I mix up a "juice" at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with each containing Nystatin and other supps. Of course, after 6 months of this, she still has yeast, but that's another story.

Dawn

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”