Vitamin B12 SHOTS results?

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Vitamin B12 SHOTS results?

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:54 pm

What are your personal experiences with the Methyl B12 Shots? Have some people seen results with one shot, two shots, five or more shots.... I am curious to see what people have noticed and when. Just a random poll. Thank you for your time. :)

Maryann R

MB12 shots

Postby Maryann R » Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:13 pm

Hi there,
We saw "something" after our very first shot. I had to ask Rick if this was possible or if it was all in my head. We watched my son like a hawk and every time he did "something" that was different I documented it - so I know indeed "something" was and is happening. For us these things are subtle but definite improvement. My then 4 year old began to have better eye contact and started referencing my husband and I as we took turns speaking. He became more "aware" of what was happening and more tuned it. We have not seen the "Wows" we'd hoped for but I understand that this is a process and we are in it for the long haul because what we have seen so far has been many "small" or "mild" things that when put together over time add up. I'm trying to think of it as a marathon not a sprint although I know some folks get WOWs right away ... we are happy to see subtle indicators of success that keep building over time. Having the right supplements on board is really key when doing the shots as well. This is a very huge piece. Dr. Neubrander's site has a very helpful supplement review program where you can check to see if your child is "up" on all of the supplements that help work MB12 work optimally. We knew that our son was a responder because when he began he was not even on supplements and MB12 was the ONLY bio-med thing we were doing besides the GF/CF diet which we had not noticed much improvement with. Hope this helps.
Maryann

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:16 pm

Maryanne - when did you do the supplements? After the 5 week trial? Did the doctor advise you on which ones to get or did you research on your own. If the doctor did advise you did he do tests (blood, urine, etc.) or was it more recommendations based on experiences with other kids?

natasa778

Postby natasa778 » Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:38 pm

Hi guest,

we saw hardly any results until we got right to the end of week 4/beginning of week 5! We were actually discussing discontinuing the shots and almost decided on it and then said 'lets finish the batch anyway', and then things started happening - we also didn't have any 'wows' but lots of small and definite improvements.

Natasa

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:19 pm

Well my son has had six weeks of shots. I refrained for a couple of weeks and just gave him a fresh shot tonight. I really was feeling kind of low when i took him off the shots cause i didnt think they were making much difference.

However, this was the 8th day without a shot and i noticed that he had reduced eye contact and just generally not as aware. Also, not as happy and most important his eating went downhill again. With the shots, he was eating constantly.

So i am HOPING that with this fresh shot these things will come back and I will be renewed in my hope that they work.

will let you all know though

respect

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:58 pm

Thank you for all these comments. It is very helpful.

momtoMatthew

Postby momtoMatthew » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:36 am

:)
Last edited by momtoMatthew on Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

destinymarch28

vitamins and glutathione

Postby destinymarch28 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:07 pm

hi
i was reading some new posts about vitamin B12 shots. now i was wondering if the pills would do the same thing or does it have to be the shots. i have my daughter currently on B6 and vitaminC and didn't start on the glutithione yet. but i want heron all the vitamins she needs first
if anyone could let me know if this is enough vitamin or if she needs other ones i don't have anyone following her autism except for a doctor in kingston that i talk occasionly online through emails
so if anyone can help me out i would appreciate it u can email me personally if u want. ...colleen :)

dawnrinchicago

Postby dawnrinchicago » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:51 pm

One benefit of the shots is that the mB12 bypasses the gut, which is usually a problem area.

You can learn more at www.drneubrander.com

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:13 pm

Hi, just an update from respect here. Sonny had his first shot after two weeks off. He was much "brighter" today! And he ate his dinner and he finally had a bm after FOUR DAYS! Eye contact was better too

Coincidence? dont know.

respect

Maryann R

MB12 injections

Postby Maryann R » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:29 pm

Hi there,
A list mate had asked when did we start the supplements. We did the first 5 weeks without anything at all then after this we added the supplements. This was a slow process for us and we took our time moving the dose up. As far as which supplements and how much of each, I refer to my DAN doctor's recommendations and his supplement review program is helpful (which is free to download from his webstie drneubrander.com). This gave me a good idea what my son should be taking and how much of each in order to help MB12 injections work at their best. For us, we opted for a multivitamin that encompasses a large number of the vitamins/minerals rather than adding each thing one by one. (For sake of finances, and ease of dosing we decided this was best but you can choose yourself - many people do one at a time so they can monitor responses etc. ). There are some things you must add alone like Folinic Acid which we are now in the process of doing as well as Essential Fatty Acids which are not in the multi. Hope this helps.
Maryann

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”