clostridia

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

clostridia

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:29 am

Anyone have clostridia show up in their kids urine? Why does our kids have this bacteria in their gut and not the general population? Where does it come from?

TamiW

Postby TamiW » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:43 am

5. When the gut lining is inflamed the protective coating of lgA (immunoglobulin A) is adversely affected and the body is not able to ward off protozoa, bacteria, viruses and yeast’s like candida.
6. When the intestinal lining is inflamed, bacteria and yeast’s are able to translocate. This means that they are able to pass from the gut lumen or cavity, into the bloodstream and set up infection anywhere else in the body.

This is some info I found off of http://osiris.sunderland.ac.uk/autism/gut.htm on why our kids get bacteria in the gut. I do think that this clostridia exists in the general population too, especially with those who have irritable bowel syndrome, celiac disease, crohn's and other digestive disorders. I hope this helps.
Tami

dawnrinchicago

Postby dawnrinchicago » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:33 pm

Yep, my daughter has clostridia o'plenty, based on her urine MAP test. We've been treating with a 10 day trial of vancomycin (about 6 months ago) and daily Advanced Biocidin (2 drops in the am, 1 in the pm) since then. We're about to retest. I'll let you know how it goes.

Dawn

sashasmom

Postby sashasmom » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:58 pm

Pam (Biochemist at Great Plains Lab) who does the 30 minute consultations told me that Sasha's test showed clostridia and that she suggested using Culturelle for this. It's over the counter and is working well for us.

-Crystal

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:50 am

how much cultrelle do you give?

sashasmom

Postby sashasmom » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:16 am

1 capsule a day.

-Crystal

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”