New theory with implications for prevention and treatment

Discuss autism theories, media stories, and efforts to put ASD on the government agenda here.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Please limit quotes from articles to five paragraphs. Also, researchers may post study information here.
LetterRip

Re: New theory with implications for prevention and treatment

Postby LetterRip » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:55 am

I think if anyone is expecting them to spend more then surely they ( the parents ) have a moral right to know what the therapy is and what the outcomes are expected to be

I've provided a link that provides all of the detail for a fairly trivial sum and offered to let you read the darn thing for free with a non binding request. I'm not going to paste the entire book here, nor rewrite it piecemeal. Many of the drugs are OTC medicines, the relevant supplements are commonly available. As to some moral right - can't see why there would be any. As to outcomes it will likely vary rather enormously based on

1) how much of the individuals autism is genetic - I expect that it will be insignificant in most cases but only twin studies data can give us a solid answer on how many cases can be expected to be primarily/exclusively environmental. There will almost certainly be genetically deterministic cases that anything but gene therapy would be unable to fix.

2) the particular pattern and extent of damage

3) how long the individual has had the autism

rlneub

Postby rlneub » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:24 am

In other word, your treatments which most parents on this forum are doing will provide about the same rate of success that parents on this forum see who use supplements / probiotics / antioxidants.

LetterRip

Postby LetterRip » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:02 am

Based on effectiveness for Alzheimer's, Depression, Diabetes and Multiple Sclerosis where my theory has been used accidentally in some treatments, I would expect spectacular results compared to what is being achieved by you currently. I suspect that for instance most of the most effective drugs and nutrients are actively avoided since without the insight regarding tight junctions there is no reason to use them. Also there is nothing to guide your usage and dosage. Also there is nothing to guide your avoidance of particularly harmful substances.

The treatment approaches most of you are taking are essentially random - often guided by anecdote and ad hoc reasoning and often a bit of mysticism and related fuzzy thinking. I have an extremely strong theoretical basis, as well as strong support in the literature for my approach.

MyMason

Postby MyMason » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:10 pm

What kind of testing and lab work would be needed to come up with a treatment plan?
Christa
Mom to:
Mitchell,14
Mason,13 autism/nonverbal
Olivia,2 tsc2/pkd1

LetterRip

Postby LetterRip » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:40 pm

Testing and labwork are optional but useful. The whole purpose of the testing and questions is just to identify deficiencies (not just blood deficiencies which are available via blood work - but more importantly deficiencies at the neurological level - which must be inferred since a CSF and ISF samples are impractical - and even doing CSF isn't fine tuned enough to catch the ISF deficiencies which are where the real issue is).

Simple blood panel showing what nutrients the individual is deficient in. Mostly looking for B vitamins, iron, Vitamin D, C, K, E and preferably cysteine/glutathione and biotin as well.

A standard allergy panel would be useful also.

A family history of deficiencies and diseases.

A list of food likes and dislikes - broad categories and specific foods.

What the mother had particularly strong morning sickness responses to - and what she was able to eat.

Again these are all to help figure out what is likely deficient in the brain.

I can post a link to my survey later today that can be used to do a deficiency analysis.

It is entirely feasible to do the supplementation blind though since the formulation is almost exactly the same - the only item that definitely should not be done blind is iron (one can forgo iron supplementation but there is a good chance the individual is iron deficient so it is best to get checked).

Also for the individual I need a list of all known comorbidities - headache, stomach ache, anger, depression, anxiety, epilepsy, autoimmune, adhd, etc.; current medications and supplementations.

Note that you probably don't need my assistance after reading the book, although I'm certainly happy to help you develop the best formulation. I'm not an MD so am not licensed to give medical advice, do diagnosis, or provide treatment - but can certainly provide my thoughts to help guide you with discussions with your physician or in taking your own council.

williams_dad

Postby williams_dad » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:18 pm

LetterRip wrote:The treatment approaches most of you are taking are essentially random - often guided by anecdote and ad hoc reasoning and often a bit of mysticism and related fuzzy thinking. I have an extremely strong theoretical basis, as well as strong support in the literature for my approach.

LOL
http://spectrumsleuth.fr.yuku.com/forums/11/General/General

Kari

Postby Kari » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:34 pm

Thanks for answering my question. I wouldn't mind reading what you have or looking at the survey.

LetterRip

Postby LetterRip » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:41 pm

Hi all,

just busy trying to get additional information written up, putting it in other formats that people prefer and other stuff.

Kari, MyMason and others who have responded with politeness and interest - please email me and I can share the document via google doc.

LetterRip

hyderhari

Postby hyderhari » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:05 pm

Hello LetterRip, I have emailed you at the id mentioned. Please share the info.

Thanks,
hari

Kenny V

Postby Kenny V » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:04 am

Still awaiting email/ PM and or posting of this abstract
Thanks
KV

Kenny V wrote:please email me yure abstract and or research paper without any strings attached or whatever relevant thing you have to help treat autism

thanks

Kenny V

LetterRip wrote:Kenny,

Just post your work like you promised and we all can view it .
But please NO! “ However” we all Just like to see the news straight. without the hoops and yo yo’s

Hmm not sure what promise or hoops you are talking about. It will be up on amazon shortly, those who don't wish to go via amazon can email me to view it for free.
Always Hope For Recovery

CdB

Re: New theory with implications for prevention and treatmen

Postby CdB » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:54 am

Anyone read his book? Are there any good info in it?

Return to “Autism Articles, Studies & Politics”