Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Study

Discuss autism theories, media stories, and efforts to put ASD on the government agenda here.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Please limit quotes from articles to five paragraphs. Also, researchers may post study information here.
ritageorge

Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Study

Postby ritageorge » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:29 am

Hello Everyone,
I joined this forum as I have a long history with ASD, both within the family and through extended members of the community. It has been a difficult and soul-searching journey.
My personal experiences from the last 20 years have somehow led me to where I am today; being an Autism Researcher:)

Both through firsthand family experiences and through extensive reading and communication with others in the community, it has been noted that there exists a certain sexual profile and Gender-identity issues among persons with ASD. I am currently doing my PhD on this topic and am inviting people both with ASD and without ASD, to take my online survey.

I hope that we can gain a greater understanding of sexuality and help to increase awareness and support for those with ASD, their spouses, parents, siblings, friends, and the professional community as well. Unless we learn more, we cannot offer effective support and help.

Would you consider taking the survey online?

www.deakin.edu.au/psychology/research/rita_george

You do not need a diagnosis of ASD to do this. We need both Neurotypical people and persons with ASD to inform our understanding.

I sincerely thank you for caring:)

Dr. Rita George

rita.george@deakin.edu.au

Return to “Autism Articles, Studies & Politics”