Mom in 911 call: 'I just threw my son over the Yaquina Bay..

Discuss autism theories, media stories, and efforts to put ASD on the government agenda here.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Please limit quotes from articles to five paragraphs. Also, researchers may post study information here.
dgdavis64

Mom in 911 call: 'I just threw my son over the Yaquina Bay..

Postby dgdavis64 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:45 pm

:(

Unbelievable...

Mom in 911 call: 'I just threw my son over the Yaquina Bay Bridge

Posted: Nov 03, 2014 10:28 PM EST Updated: Nov 04, 2014 3:23 PM EST

NEWPORT, OR (KPTV) -

A woman facing murder and manslaughter charges in the death of her son called 911 on Monday night and told a dispatcher "I just threw my son over the Yaquina Bay Bridge," according to court documents released Tuesday.

That 911 call set off a frantic search, and police eventually found the body of 6-year-old London McCabe in the water near the Embarcadero Resort on Yaquina Bay.

Jillian McCabe, 34, made the 911 call at about 6:30 p.m. A short time prior to that call, a Newport police officer saw a woman matching McCabe's description, carrying a male child near the mid span of the bridge. The officer noted it seemed odd because the child seemed too big to be carried.

Witnesses also reported that they saw McCabe walk hand-in-hand with her son before throwing him over the side and into the water below.

The Coast Guard and police immediately began searching for the boy. Meanwhile, Toledo police interviewed Jillian McCabe's husband, who told them their son is autistic and was never left alone with other people.

At 10:23 p.m., someone reported the body of a child about a mile inland from the Yaquina Bay Bridge, and the body was identified as London McCabe.

Newport Police Chief Mark Miranda said Jillian McCabe, who lives in Seal Rock, was calm and cooperative when speaking with police Monday night. Witnesses described her similarly.

Read more: http://www.kptv.com/story/27262026/yaqu ... z3IKqNDJJZ

Beware of the pharma trollbot shills posting from anonymous proxy servers

-Sophie-

Re: Mom in 911 call: 'I just threw my son over the Yaquina B

Postby -Sophie- » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:37 pm

"As this story develops, we implore the news media to remember that London, and not his mother, is the victim of a terrible crime. Frequently, the murders of people like London are made out to be due to the “stress” they allegedly put on their caregivers, and sympathy is extended to their murderers. We urge the media to remember how reprehensible it is for a parent or caregiver to kill a child, and to avoid framing murdered children as burdens on their family. London was six years old. His family reports that he loved hats, loved his parents, and was “all smiles.” His murder is a tragedy, and we mourn and call for justice.

We urge a vigorous prosecution. London’s mother has been arrested for aggravated murder, murder, and 1st degree manslaughter; this crime should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, in accordance with the standard of justice we see for children without disabilities who are killed by their parents. Children and adults with disabilities murdered by their caregivers have a right to equal protection under the law; our murders deserve equal condemnation. Failing to do so not only insults the memory of the victims, but puts others in the future at risk..."

More @http://autisticadvocacy.org/2014/11/statement-on-the-murder-of-london-mccabe/

Return to “Autism Articles, Studies & Politics”