Recruiting participants for clinical trial

Discuss autism theories, media stories, and efforts to put ASD on the government agenda here.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Please limit quotes from articles to five paragraphs. Also, researchers may post study information here.
gilarel

Recruiting participants for clinical trial

Postby gilarel » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:30 am

Hi,

I hope this is the right forum for this.
Looking for participants for a clinical trial in children With neurodevelopment disabilities:

https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01906866

LnAmom

Re: Recruiting participants for clinical trial

Postby LnAmom » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:16 pm

This is SUCH a bad idea...

Yes, my son has sleep disturbances. And I know what works. Melatonin and clonidine. I can't imagine the total upheaval we would be throwing our lives into if we agreed not to use anything but what they gave us for sleep, and what if it didn't work?

They would be asking me about his experiences with sleeplessness and I would be twitching and getting ready to strangle them. Sleep deprived autism mommy ain't playin'.

gilarel

Postby gilarel » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:34 am

This study is suitable for children who despite taking sleep medication, still suffer from sleep problem of long time to fall asleep and awakenings throughout the night.

noelm

Postby noelm » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:02 am

How Circadin is different than a slow release Melatonin?
iHerb code BMV549
$5/$10 off on $20/$40 first order
uBiome 10% off http://bit.ly/1xYWjbG

kulkulkan

Postby kulkulkan » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:43 am

noelm wrote:How Circadin is different than a slow release Melatonin?

It isn't necessarily different. Perhaps synthetic form and has more proven pharmokinetics especially on the sustained release part.

There are already dozens of melatonin trials in ASD showing efficacy. I am assuming this trial is really for marketing reasons. If someone is already using melatonin or other meds to sleep, they likely won't be eligible for this trial. I do like they are also trying to prove "better next day" and overall improvements other than sleep.

Return to “Autism Articles, Studies & Politics”