Survey on Autism-Friendly Post-Secondary Opportunities

Discuss autism theories, media stories, and efforts to put ASD on the government agenda here.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Please limit quotes from articles to five paragraphs. Also, researchers may post study information here.
JenSar

Survey on Autism-Friendly Post-Secondary Opportunities

Postby JenSar » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:12 am

Hi all

I am a disability studies and neuroethics researcher looking to gather information from the autistic/neurodiverse community about experiences in higher education and/or employment as well as suggestions on how to make these experiences more autism-friendly. There are shockingly few studies that actually talk to the community about this and none do so on a large scale. I am looking for anyone who identifies as autistic (self or professionally diagnosed) 18 years and older living in the U.S. Below is my recruitment note. Feel free to share and let me know if you have any questions! Thank you in advance for your help.

Gathering Perspectives from the Autistic Community about Employment and Higher Education

Dr. Jennifer Sarrett from Emory University (IRB #00087911) is conducting a study aimed at developing strategies for creating autism-friendly, neurodiverse workplaces and institutes of higher education. If you identify as being autistic, live in the United States, and are at least 18 years of age you are eligible to participate. Participation includes a short (up to 30 minute) online survey about experiences in the workforce and/or with higher education (i.e., colleges/universities, vocational and technical schools, community college). These surveys will also ask your opinion on how to make these environments and opportunities more accessible and friendly to the autistic community. You will also be given the option to participate in a later, online focus group to gather more detailed information. If you would like to participate, please follow this link: https://newqtrial2015az1.az1.qualtrics. ... CELUJ0PW0R . If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact Dr. Sarrett at jsarret@emory.edu . Thank you.

JenSar

Re: Survey on Autism-Friendly Post-Secondary Opportunities

Postby JenSar » Mon May 23, 2016 1:39 pm

Hi all
This survey is still open and is a great opportunity to contribute your expertise in how to make employment and educational experiences more autism-friendly. Previous research in this area rarely speaks to the autism community about this topic and I hope to get as much feedback from the community as possible! And if you have any suggestions on other places I could post this survey note please let me know. And, of course, feel free to let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you,
Jennifer Sarrett

Return to “Autism Articles, Studies & Politics”