Anyone done a cord blood transfusion?

Discuss autism theories, media stories, and efforts to put ASD on the government agenda here.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Please limit quotes from articles to five paragraphs. Also, researchers may post study information here.
zoymom

Anyone done a cord blood transfusion?

Postby zoymom » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:35 am

Need to hear your experiences with stem cell/cord blood therapies.

We are considering joining the Duke expanded access protocol, which uses autologous (own-cell) cord blood infusions, for my ASD son. We also have the option to use his unaffected sibling's cord blood or sibling's cord tissue (we didn't bank his own tissue). My husband is worried about the possible cancer risk of doing infusions with anything that includes stem cells, but I'm optimistic about the benefits. He also thinks the potential risk is not worth it because our son is fairly high functioning after years of ABA and biomed. I would love to see my son get even better.

Does anyone have any experience doing autologous infusions? If so, what was the result? Do you have any thoughts of using own-cell blood vs. sibling's cord blood? Anyone have studies on the long-term safety that will quell my husband's concerns?

Return to “Autism Articles, Studies & Politics”