Lupron = chemical castration?

Discuss autism theories, media stories, and efforts to put ASD on the government agenda here.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Please limit quotes from articles to five paragraphs. Also, researchers may post study information here.
LM

Postby LM » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:02 am

srinath Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:37 am Post subject: Shhh

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shhhh Erik, they'll start calling you a chelation/lupron shill ... and you're posting with your real name and identity ... you'll get hate mail ...
Cool.
Srinath.

wow, was that a barb at give a mouse a cookie?

I didn't realize that posters here had to divulge their life stories/identity in order to have an opinion in a discussion. I don't know give a mouse a cookie's story but I can guess that if she said her child was recovered there would be those who'd post that her child was misdiagnosed or a "rare exception"

srinath

lets see ...

Postby srinath » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:17 am

Lets see here ...
This is a biomed area of the site, and people post personal experiences ...
Now lets see what the anonymous (GMcookie, winnie, you, ghrelin ... ) posters have in that regard ... And no its not needed to have your real name ... no, not to post ... not at all ... just for credibility ...
And odd as it may seem - srinath is my real name.
Cool.
Srinath.

Winnie

Postby Winnie » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:36 am

LM,

wow, was that a barb at give a mouse a cookie?

I'm confused. I think I need clarification on the debate and courtesy rules, and to which posters/professionals these apply.
Winnie
"Make it a powerful memory, the happiest you can remember."

srinath

I am not

Postby srinath » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:40 pm

I am not the admin on this site, but this is the understanding I have from being a admin on other sites ( - gstwin.com ) ...
The site is about personal experiences ... I have this and that, how to do this and that ... I did this and it worked, I did that and it didn't work, I saw someone do this, I heard that ... all sorts of speculative and opinion based material. The sub topics are specific ... diet and bio med implies you should ask about what you did for diet and what you tried and what worked and what didn't ... or what you should do in such and such ... its pretty loose ... but generally your 1st or second or third hand experience is what you're talking about ... Just my opinion.
Cool.
Srinath.

quantumerik

Re: Shhh

Postby quantumerik » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:38 pm

srinath wrote:Shhhh Erik, they'll start calling you a chelation/lupron shill ... and you're posting with your real name and identity ... you'll get hate mail ... :lol:
Cool.
Srinath.

Ha ha... yeah. I'm already hated by the neurodiverse. Just google search my full name and you'll see I'm whined about by Camille Clark (autism diva), Bart Cubbins (not his real name...), Orac (aka Dr. David Gorski), Kathleen Seidel, kevin leitch and all the other ignoramuses who would rather keep autistic children exactly the way they are. They only pay attention to flawed epidemiology... and completely ignore biological sciences except to try to discredit them.

Erik

srinath

Oh well

Postby srinath » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:52 pm

Oh well ... that is a very vocal crowd ... in any case I sometimes wonder ... if after we chelate my son out and get him NT is he going to say ... dad ... it was so fun being autistic ... I was slurring all the time, and had lots of energy to run and jump and bang my head ... and it all didn't hurt ... and it was like being drunk all the time ... and you had to come along and mess it up ... and then he'll start a blog too saying my dad was horrible and you "Doctor leave those kids alone ... " like pink floyd did ... :lol: :lol: :lol: ... if that happens ... I will start a blog and turn into the next diva/cubbins/winnie/every one ... until then I am doing the right thing. He will talk ... Just am worried about what he will say ... :D ...
Cool.
Srinath.

Winnie

Postby Winnie » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:00 pm

Every parent on this board with a child with autism should be offended at your characterization of children with autism.

I certainly am.

Where are all the complaints regarding rudeness now?
Winnie

srinath

oh yea

Postby srinath » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:29 pm

Oh yea ... have you been autistic ... how do you know it doesn't feel that way ... like you yourself have said ... its just a difference, not a disability ... maybe its an improvement ... he is strong, loaded with strength ... not saying that it is the case, but you "Cant have it both ways " different ... and that is different ...
Cool.
Srinath.

Tim

Postby Tim » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:59 pm

quantumerik wrote:Ha ha... yeah. I'm already hated by the neurodiverse. Just google search my full name and you'll see I'm whined about by Camille Clark (autism diva), Bart Cubbins (not his real name...), Orac (aka Dr. David Gorski), Kathleen Seidel, kevin leitch and all the other ignoramuses who would rather keep autistic children exactly the way they are.

Erik

What's wrong with keeping autistic children the way they are?
Who knows, maybe your daughter will be one of the most famous rocket scientists ever. Remember, Albert Einstein didn't speak until he was four years old and wasn't fluent in his primary language until at least age eight.

srinath

man

Postby srinath » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:05 pm

Man ... for every einstein there are a 1000 auistic kids that ended up in institutions and generally didn't realise his lofty acheivements. I'd just like to even out the field a little ...
Cool.
Srinath.

dgdavis64

Postby dgdavis64 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:35 pm

Cookie wrote:

"Chelation? No thanks. I had my son tested for heavy metals, which came back negative."

I'd like to know which /what type of test you had, since metal toxicity test results generally aren't "positive or negative."

Tim wrote:

"What's wrong with keeping autistic children the way they are?"

Because their lives and the lives of their family will be much better if they can live to their full potential. If they're heavy metal toxic and you know it, why would you leave them that way? Sounds cruel to me. Is that how you'd like to be treated if you were toxic?
Last edited by dgdavis64 on Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beware of the pharma trollbot shills posting from anonymous proxy servers

srinath

yea ...

Postby srinath » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:37 pm

dgdavis64 wrote:
<snip>
Because their lives and the lives of their family will be much better if they can live to their full potential. If they're heavy metal toxic and you know it, why would you leave them that way? Sounds cruel to me. Is that how you'd like to be treated if you were toxic?

Yes that was my reasoning behind chelating. No reason he should have aluminum, lead, cadmium and arsenic ... he's a kid not a motorcycle. In a few months we will test and if he has mercury ... then we chelate for that ... again he's a kid not a thermometer.
Cool.
Srinath.

give a mouse a cookie

Postby give a mouse a cookie » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:01 pm

dgdavis64--
I'd like to know which /what type of test you had, since metal toxicity test results generally aren't "positive or negative."

I'll just bet you'd like to see the results. But you can't--they are confidential. Here's something to consider: I'd like my son to have a degree of privacy as he grows older and begins surfing the net. I'd hate to see a description of my poops online for all the world to see, I'm assuming he'd feel the same. Poops aren't the same as bloodwork test results, granted, but I think it's okay to keep it offline. Leave it at that.
When I said "negative" it meant that he did not have levels of any heavy metals deemed unsafe or toxic. That is just going to have to satisfy your inexplicable curiosity. Your fixation on my son's test results defies reason. Why do you care so much? So you can call me a "liar?"
What is really so bizarre is that when my son was first diagnosed way back when, the autism=mercury poisoning hysteria was in its infancy. I wanted to blame something for his autism, so I asked for the metals screen to be done, along with a whole battery of blood tests for all the docotrs involved. Imagine my dismay and confusion when it was ruled out.

Lily-
Cookie,
I did not get a chance to go back and look if you posted your son's story. I am very curious how he recovered. Never know, it may help somebody here. After all, that's what forums like these are about.

And I think it is silly to think that using your real name will bring hate mail your way. Majority of moms and dads here are mainly concerned about their children and not how to send hate mails to other parents. Well, maybe with the exception of a few who seem not to be wanting to give up the negativity. I've been on this forum for only a month and you guys definately stand out!

I'd love to post what I did for and with my son, but it's pointless at this stage of the game. Other commenters would just pick it apart, call me a liar, tell me he isn't even autisitc, and demand to see test results (see above). Who would listen anyway? I'm a liar and a shill, according to some other "standout posters."
I still like to give other parents specific advice, support, and congratulations when they talk about their success with their children.
As for a risk of hatemail? Better safe than sorry. You can plainly see the anger directed toward me, and it's not a risk I am willing to take. srinath may use his "real name" (is he like Cher, Liberace, Bono, et al? Only one name is necessary?) but very few others do. Only one other person on this forum knows my real name and email address. Let's all play a fun game and try and guess who it is! Hint--it is not Winnie.

Alex's mom

Postby Alex's mom » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:15 pm

I'd love to post what I did for and with my son, but it's pointless at this stage of the game

GMCookie:
I don't think it's pointless, though it may not necessarily belong in the "biomed" side of the forum. I love it when people share success stories- I am sort of in a slump right now and really need to hear lots of those. And you are not seriously bothered by the "shill" thing, are you?
There are enough pearls on these "controversial" threads to fill a book- we all could use a little humour in our lives, I bet.
So if you ever want to share your success story, count me in among the listeners. I agree with keeping real names out of it (I wish I had picked a more creative name myself).
Alex's mom

dgdavis64

Postby dgdavis64 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:59 pm

Gee Cookie,

Me thinks you doth protest too much!

How defensive you are over a SIMPLE question. I really could care less about your sons tests, but it didn't sound right about the "negative," so I had to ask.
Pardon me, next time I'll just call you a liar.

Other people can be sacastic too, you chocolate chip you.

And I'm sure no one gives a yeasty poop what your real name is, I for one can't believe you're STILL posting on this side, what do you need, a ton of bricks on your head?

quantumerik

Postby quantumerik » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:43 pm

Tim wrote:What's wrong with keeping autistic children the way they are?
Who knows, maybe your daughter will be one of the most famous rocket scientists ever. Remember, Albert Einstein didn't speak until he was four years old and wasn't fluent in his primary language until at least age eight.

Please tell me that wasn't a serious question!

My daughter isn't exactly on track to be a rocket scientist. She is only NOW (at the age of seven) beginning to feed herself and learn simple motor skills and hand-eye coordination tasks (using forks, etc.) She has made GREAT progress in this first month of Lupron + Chelation and she's completely nonverbal. Her injury was extremely severe.

If we don't restore her potential, she's going to live in a group home when I'm too old to care for her... and who the hell is going to pay for that?

Please THINK before you ask that kind of question. If you met my daughter, you'd agree with her need to be "cured." No child should be a storage facility for toxic metals. No child should have chronic measles, rubella and herpes viruses infecting his/her gut. No child should have multiple food allergies or gut inflammation/diarrhea. No child should slip away from being a completely normal kid prior to her vaccines... into the dark abyss of autism just a few days after inocculation.

My daughter is a GREAT kid! But she's struggling and we're struggling... if we can repair the injuries to her body... she can be the healthy child WE GAVE BIRTH TO and be able to choose her own future...have friends... a career... maybe even get married.

Leave her the way she is?

Never. Love her always... of course... but heal her wounded body and starving brain.

Erik

srinath

Yes

Postby srinath » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:54 pm

GM Cookie - I am not like Cher ... not even close to Liberace ... but from my part of the world we are given 1 name. No first and last. 1 name its your first, its your only ... I would have been Mr Srinath when I turned adult. Yes ironic as it may sound, Mr first name, which is why often you may hear south Indians refer to each other that way ... and we sometimes refer to non Indians that way too ... my last name is seshadri. It was my fathers first name. I used to be S. Srinath and we wrote it first. The eventual name became Srinath Seshadri and it became my last name because all my docs were Name: Srinath and below that was Fathers name: and that was Seshadri. I am srinath or Seshadri_srinath everywhere I post. Google me ... the only one that is relevant to me is the post on motorcycles. All others are someone else.
Now that, that takes care of that, I believe name = credibility and personal experience is all that matters since we have nothing higher than that ... once again it takes money and we dont have it.
Now whatever method worked for your son - Of course we are going to pick it apart. how else are we going to know it works and we are about getting workable solutions for our kids and we dont care about "Official" research backing up anything. You post crap that isn't authenticated by personal experience and you'd really get picked apart. I have a feeling that you really didn't get the metal toxicity tested or counted right. But that's going to have to be your choice. As mildly autistic as my son is, his metals tests (you need to do essential metals, not just toxic metals) were well in the autistic realm. Its his good fortune that he was fighting with it well and just a shade too much over whelmed him. In fact my son was normal in most ways except language ... people that saw him were taken with him, even when he was throwing a fit they will still swoon over how adorable he is ... nothing even suggests he is autistic except his language, he just is a active little boy. That post about "cute things" ... I didn't post there because it will fill pages and eat my whole day ... and I spend less than 1/2 hour with him on average per day ... His mom will fill a phone book sized book with it.
Cool.
Srinath.

Winnie

Postby Winnie » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:56 am

But you can't--they are confidential. Here's something to consider: I'd like my son to have a degree of privacy as he grows older and begins surfing the net.

I agree with you Give a Mouse a Cookie, regarding the confidentiality. I have never been comfortable exposing identifying info regarding my child on the internet either. I don't really feel that it is respectful to him to expose his identity and history on the internet before he has all the information. This is just my preference and is not meant to be critical to anyone who is free with this info on the net -- but it is food for thought. I must admit that the "poop" example did give me a major chuckle though (me either, btw).

I have a personal friend who published her information and programs online (ABA Antonia), but she changed all names, locations, and identifying information. Juliet Burke, on the other hand, has a terrific site, and did use her own name -- however, her site is not focused on the particulars of her children's personal stories but on helpful information for teaching. I like her statement of faith, as it conveys the admiration, respect, and love she has for her children:

http://www.autismteachingtools.com/page/bbbbfg/bbbbqp

I am truly interested in your child's story, Give a Mouse a Cookie -- I hope you will share it and "ignore the barbs."

dgdavis64,

Two days ago you posted this:

Amen to all! I've been more than disgusted with the confrontational tone on this forum and think it's just best to ignore it. All I can say is it must be nice to have so much time to waste on negative vibes.

Today you posted this (among other things):

Gee Cookie,
Me thinks you doth protest too much!
How defensive you are over a SIMPLE question. I really could care less about your sons tests, but it didn't sound right about the "negative," so I had to ask.
Pardon me, next time I'll just call you a liar.
Other people can be sacastic too, you chocolate chip you.
And I'm sure no one gives a yeasty poop what your real name is, I for one can't believe you're STILL posting on this side, what do you need, a ton of bricks on your head?

So, how "disgusted" are you actually with the "confrontational tone on this forum?" Are you provoking people or provoking thought? Think about it.

Srinath,

You wrote:
... and I spend less than 1/2 hour with him on average per day ...

Judging from this thread alone, you have spent more time today provoking people. And that observation IS intended to provoke thought.
Winnie

dgdavis64

Postby dgdavis64 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:16 am

Here comes Winnie to the rescue!

As you can CLEARLY read, I asked a simple question. I'm not going to defend myself and will firmly stand by everything I said.

Did you miss the part where I wrote: OTHER PEOPLE CAN BE SACASTIC TOO?

I heard you say numerous times how someone "hasn't read your post" so Winnie, practice what you preach.

With so many posts coming from all the people who are clearly against biomed, not planning to use biomed and continuing to speak out negatively about biomed, it's inevitable that I'd eventually have some dialogue. My children ARE RECOVERING and we are using BIOMED!

And you are the pot calling the kettle black when you say "are you provoking people or provoking thought?" Turning over a NEW LEAF?

I've been posting on this forum long before anyone ever heard of you.
In the short time you've been here, you've managed to cause more turmoil than I ever could or would for that matter. I'd never force my presence where it's clearly not wanted.

I can't understand what your motivation for continuing to post on the biomed side of this forum. Your son is pretty much recovered.
How can you have opinions on biomed things that you've never done and don't plan to do in the furure? Are you just posting to antagonize the people doing biomed?

I guess we need another ton of bricks for your head.

BTDT

Postby BTDT » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:46 am

And I think it is silly to think that using your real name will bring hate mail your way. Majority of moms and dads here are mainly concerned about their children and not how to send hate mails to other parents. Well, maybe with the exception of a few who seem not to be wanting to give up the negativity. I've been on this forum for only a month and you guys definately stand out!

Personally, I don't think it's silly at all. The following is a post to the Evidence of Harm list regarding a woman who wrote a letter to a newspaper disagreeing with the mercury theory. And yes this woman did get phone calls at her home.

http://neurodiversity.com/weblog/articl ... -paul-saga

Dear EOH Listmates. The following letter to the editor appeared in the 07-03-05 Saint Paul Pioneer Press. It is written by Mrs Lisa Randall who lives at (deleted). Her telephone number is (deleted) should you wish to call her and express your opinions on her thoughts… If any listmates would like to call Lisa Randall to express their thoughts you may call this expletive removed at (deleted). Or you can write to her at (deleted). .... Apparently Lisa Randall is some type of lawyer… I would assume that she is probably working for Big Pharma in some capacity. I called Lisa this morning to get her side of the story but her husband would not put her on the phone for some reason. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST THIS ON ANY AND ALL MERCURY-AUTISM LISTS! I HOPE THAT SOMEBODY GETS LISA ON THE PHONE AND FINDS OUT WHAT JUST WHAT SHE KNOWS ABOUT THIMEROSAL AND AUTISM!

And also:

http://www.kevinleitch.co.uk/wp/index.php?p=364

And so its good to turn from such crazies to a man who always engenders respect and does things the right way. Much like his compatriot John Best Jr, JB Handley advocates sending nastygrams to others. Here’s an email he sent to a couple of women at the Immunization Action Coalition:

"You are spending your time advocating to inject a potent neurotoxin in tiny babies. As I said before, and I think you need now more than ever, may God have mercy on your soul."

Return to “Autism Articles, Studies & Politics”