check this out.. rates of autism 1994 -2005 U.S. wide

Discuss autism theories, media stories, and efforts to put ASD on the government agenda here.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Please limit quotes from articles to five paragraphs. Also, researchers may post study information here.
Alex's mom as guest

Postby Alex's mom as guest » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:04 pm

I have been reading many of your posts for over a year now and am always amazed by your autistic like tunnel vision, and inability to think out of the box. That's just for starters. You talk about towing the party line when it seems to me that it is you who is the first to come to the defense of anything that suggests that this may be a condition caused by your profession. For these two reasons I always read your posts with a grain of salt.

HTRTC:
I've got good news for you. I've been thinking, and I know how you can stop your ongoing amazement in the front of my so obvious limitations. As of a few hours ago I have overcome my autistic-like inhibitions and have formally registered. Therefore, you can easily by-pass my future posts, as it will be clear that they come from me.
As for the remaining of your post- what can I say ? I know that, in true cyberspace etiquette, you gave me the "just for starters", but you've said it so well for me ! I rest my case.

Alex's mom

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:47 am

HTRTC, you are too funny. Obviously a very bright woman. I find your barbs akin to a heat seeking missile, and have enjoyed reading each of
your posts here on this forum. You really do stand out and I am envious of your expressive abilities. If I was one to have cocktail parties, you would definitely be on my invite list. I am glad you are here because your posts, at least to me, provide a much needed escape from the sublime and ridiculous in my own life.

I always look forward to seeing HTRTC in a post. Thanks for brightening things up a bit.

respect

Return to “Autism Articles, Studies & Politics”