Why I believe all autism is mercury ...

Discuss autism theories, media stories, and efforts to put ASD on the government agenda here.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Please limit quotes from articles to five paragraphs. Also, researchers may post study information here.
srinath

Why I believe all autism is mercury ...

Postby srinath » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:16 pm

For years ... decades ... they (Pharma, CDC, IOM, NIH, AAP and all their various hand puppets) told us it was all genetic and there is nothing to be done about it ... no cure, no way to alleviate symptoms, no nothing ... Yea Yea ABA and institutionalise ... yea ...
Now we find out for certain, people are seeing benifits from GFCF or SCD, or MB12 or other therapies, and huge gains from removing mercury in some cases ...
AKA the new paradigm ... some cases are mercury the rest are all genetic ...
I am going to go out on a limb and say ... no ... end of this BS ... its all mercury, its their burden to prove it is genetic and mercury was never involved in those cases ... ever ... since we swallowed whatever they fed us ... and now they are changing it ... once again to their convenience ... AKA ... "I dont trust them to tell me the time" - (Thank Kev for that ) ...
AKA ... IMHO the 3 types of autism are ...
Mercury intervening in brain function.
Mercury intervening in brain function and has damaged it to the point it might not completely recover.
Mercury once intervened in brain function and left leaving permanent damage.
I will admit albeit grudginly ... In some cases its not even fair to blame the CDC or pharma really ... environmental mercury mercury from fish, mercury from air ... everything adds up ... But by far ... the largest source in most people's cases came from your doctors office.
Cool.
Srinath.

r's mom

Postby r's mom » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:13 pm

sorry srinath

But I don't agree. Some autism I believe is caused by mercury - but I think there is a lot of other factors at work in autism.

srinath

Right

Postby srinath » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:24 pm

r's mom wrote:sorry srinath

But I don't agree. Some autism I believe is caused by mercury - but I think there is a lot of other factors at work in autism.

You remember when we were told ... Autism was never caused by mercury ... now you understand my reluctance to believe that schpeel ...
Fool me once ...shame on you, fool me twice shame on me ...
You can disagree all you want ... but burden of proof ... we have proved that all autism isn't mercury by removing mercury from kids and having them come out of autism ... the requirement is to prove that atleast some of it isn't mercury at all ... and its the burden of those that are proposing the theory ...
We accepted the first theory as gospel ... then accidentally (OK fine calculated guesswork) found it was bogus ... now they want to modify the same busted theory to suit the new situation ... then bloody well prove it.
Cool.
Srinath.

rlneub

Postby rlneub » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:26 pm

Take this for what its worth. We find patients who have had no exposure to mercury having autism. Neither the mom, nor excess mercury in the envrionment, or no vaccines given to the child and yet still we get autism.

Now when looking at these children, we find that they had viral vaccines, or high dose antibiotics, or lead exposure or pcb's. Did this cause it? Maybe. Treating with antivirals, diet, mb12 often these kids respond, some times dramatically. So, is it genetic if they respond and lose the Dx? Again unknown, but definately not mercury in every case.

Absolutes can make you look like an (mild expletive deleted). All it takes is 1 exception to disprove the absolute.

We have seen and followed over 1500 kids and there is a good percentage that do not fall into the mercury camp. Think about it. Why so dogmatic? Making absolute statements often offend those who do not think mercury is the issue. When they see statements they think are "out there" often they throw out biomed since they see its proponents are wacky. Your actions tend to drive people away rather than invite them in to see if things make sense.

sashasmom

Postby sashasmom » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:30 pm

I still believe that there are many factors. Although my son's autism is mercury related I still am not convinced it is all children. I have seen another child sasha's same age not respond to chelation but has responded to anti virals. Measels virus was found in his gut His MMR titers are in the 100's range and has never pulled more than a tad of mercury using several different protocols with different chelators.

Doesn't mean that other children are not mercury toxic b/c I have talked to more parents who have mercury toxic children than one's who say it's genetic, viral, or otherwise. I definately believe in the autism/mercury link, no doubt. But I also disagree that all children with autism are mercury toxic b/c I have seen it with my own eyes, several who are just not mercury toxic. Using TD, oral, and IV chelators have not helped a bit over the past year but the anti viral Acyclovir as well as high Vit A did help the child and several other parents who state chelation did not help.

-Crystal

mom_of_an_autie

Postby mom_of_an_autie » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:33 pm

Ok srinath if all autism is because of mercury then why is my child improving with out chelation? I am by no means saying there arent children who were affected by the mercury in the vaccinations or environment but I do not believe that is the cause for all kids. I agree genetics play a big role for some families who have various members in their immediate and extended family with ASDs but how can you say it is all caused by mercury? The fact of the matter is we just dont know.

LittleManzParents

Postby LittleManzParents » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:57 pm

rlneub wrote:Take this for what its worth. We find patients who have had no exposure to mercury having autism. Neither the mom, nor excess mercury in the envrionment, or no vaccines given to the child and yet still we get autism.

Now when looking at these children, we find that they had viral vaccines, or high dose antibiotics, or lead exposure or pcb's. Did this cause it? Maybe. Treating with antivirals, diet, mb12 often these kids respond, some times dramatically. So, is it genetic if they respond and lose the Dx? Again unknown, but definately not mercury in every case.

Absolutes can make you look like an i----. All it takes is 1 exception to disprove the absolute.

We have seen and followed over 1500 kids and there is a good percentage that do not fall into the mercury camp. Think about it. Why so dogmatic? Making absolute statements often offend those who do not think mercury is the issue. When they see statements they think are "out there" often they throw out biomed since they see its proponents are wacky. Your actions tend to drive people away rather than invite them in to see if things make sense.

So very well said!

Winnie

Postby Winnie » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:27 pm

Making absolute statements often offend those who do not think mercury is the issue. When they see statements they think are "out there" often they throw out biomed since they see its proponents are wacky. Your actions tend to drive people away rather than invite them in to see if things make sense.

I absolutely agree with this statement. In my opinion, the very public, in-your-face,"absolutist" statements of gen rescue and the company they keep only serve to alienate legitimate researchers.

I recall Srinath indicating that his involvement with chelation would be approximately 3-5 months (is that correct?) -- he indicated that since his son was so high-functioning there would be less mercury to shed. That was (I'm guessing here) about a month ago, so I figure we will have some answers in 2-4 months.

Like granny says, "it ain't cocky if you can back it up." :wink:
Winnie
"Make it a powerful memory, the happiest you can remember."

srinath

More Idiotic

Postby srinath » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:38 pm

At the risk of sounding more idiotic ... not ever been a problem ... :lol:

Rlneub - How would you know that there was no mercury ... (Added - or any other metals ... you have said it yourself in that post and I usually omit other metals and toxins due to my situation ... )
Maybe there were traces that they came into in the natural course of life, and the extreme sensitivity to mercury is what caused a reaction (autism) to it ... and that is what is genetic. Of course as they grow ... they may have naturally gotten rid of mercury.

MOAA - It is possible to improve with age and training and even naturally excrete ... if hit by mercury before the organs are fully formed (in-utero) after the organs finish forming they may start getting rid of it.

Winnie - 3-5 months because we are on a faster chelation protocol. I hope to go to plain NDF in 3-4 months from now. Testing will tell. I also have always followed any statement I made with that. And yes we are still waiting for some to come back and some more we are going to do ... BTW we are 5 weeks in as of today.

There are only 3 possibilities ...
A. Autism is unrelated to mercury. - we have heard this and swallowed it for decades ... and finally managed to dis prove it ...
B. Autism in some cases is mercury poisoning, and in other cases it is not.
That is like saying a broken leg in some cases is a broken leg and in some cases its not. Might as well name the mercury cases something else ...
C. Autism is always mercury poisoning. AKA the exact opposite of A.

Now mathematically you need to assume the opposite of what you want to prove - and disprove it ... and hence you prove the opposite ... What is that called ... QED ???
Hence by assuming That A was correct ... for soooo long ... and it stood ... even without proof ... and finally it gets disproved ... inadvertently proving C by default.
OK OK its set theory not exactly these 3 math things like algebra ... however its close enough ...
You want to prove B ... then you need to prove it ...
No mercury ... ever and autism ...
Heck I would settle for the autistic mice ...
Just craete the gene mutation and grow mice as they did and create autism ... Only ... hold the mother and baby mice in a air tight environment ... yea yea circulate air ... else they'll suffocate ...
The moment the mom gets pregnant ... collect all her skin and hair sheddings, urine and feces. Of course the air should also be constantly monitored for mercury ... The baby is born, and is autistic ... show us that it is autistic ... and after proving that ... yes keep collecting its droppings and urine and hair etc too Then slice it open and show that there was no mercury ... They did 99% of this experiment ... that extra 1% was all that it took. heck ... hold the daddy mouse in the same cage too ...

I dont think gen rescue and other absolutist stances are hurting research ... they are just pointing research in another direction.
Cool.
Srinath.

PS: No cutting and pasting out of this post. Thank you. Quote the full text if you want to quote.
Last edited by srinath on Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LM

Postby LM » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:40 pm

Winnie wrote:
Making absolute statements often offend those who do not think mercury is the issue. When they see statements they think are "out there" often they throw out biomed since they see its proponents are wacky. Your actions tend to drive people away rather than invite them in to see if things make sense.

I absolutely agree with this statement. In my opinion, the very public, in-your-face,"absolutist" statements of gen rescue and the company they keep only serve to alienate legitimate researchers.
quote]

I agree. One of the big turn offs for me when we went to see our DAN was she said "Did they poison your child too?"

I guess I would have preferred her to be more objective. I didn't need to have my touchy feely parent side appealed to. I know my son is autistic, I have no idea why, and was hoping that based on his medical history and labs, she could shed some light. Instead we just got a bunch of supplements, a confusing drawing of a cell under attack, and a protocol to follow.

LittleManzParents

Postby LittleManzParents » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:03 pm

I agree. One of the big turn offs for me when we went to see our DAN was she said "Did they poison your child too?"

I could see why that would be bothersome. :shock:

Rick is on the money and this approach applies to pretty much everything in life. Extremist views, whether they are right or wrong, tend to turn too many people off from the start (similar to dismissing content due to poor source credibility). Unfortunately, these things take time and moderate people who are able to mask their passion with logic and reasoning, while respecting and acknowledging the other extreme.

BTDT

Postby BTDT » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:09 pm

That is like saying a broken leg in some cases is a broken leg and in some cases its not.

So are you saying there is only one way to break your leg?

sashasmom

Postby sashasmom » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:37 pm

Question: How do you suppose a person becomes mercury poisoned if they have not been vaccinated, the mom and dad do not have a mouth full of amalgams (non infact, only white fillings), and the family is vegetarian meaning no meat or fish. The only possible exposure to mercury is environment however the environment the family lives in is not a known place of mercury to be floating in the air.

I completely forgot about this but that is how my neighbor lives and her daughter is autistic. She uses my computer daily and has a key to my house to use it when I am gone. She was here earlier while we were at the grocery store and saw your post and wanted me to mention how you would suggest her child is mercury poisoned. They have yet to have a pull of anything but lead with chelation and absolutely nothing with certain chelators.

She does not post on this board b/c last time she and I were on the same board I was accused of some comments she made b/c someone looked up the IP address and it was mine. I happened to be a state over and it caused a blow out so she refuses to post on boards that I am on. She only reads this one and asked that I post this question.... just incase you were wondering why she didn't ask herself. They see Dr. Cave and have done IV chelation with her child as well. So far nothing but lead and the past 4 months her daughter has stopped pulling lead assuming it is now gone.

-crystal

r's mom

Postby r's mom » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:44 pm

Srinath

What you are trying to prove is because A=B then B=A. which is not mathematically correct.
There are only 3 possibilities ...
A. Autism is unrelated to mercury. - we have heard this and swallowed it for decades ... and finally managed to dis prove it ...
That is like saying a broken leg in some cases is a broken leg and in some cases its not. Might as well name the mercury cases something else ...
C. Autism is always mercury poisoning. AKA the exact opposite of A.

I agree with BTDT your analogy doesn't make sense - the cause of a broken leg could be a host of different things - same as for autism - the cause can and probably is different ie not mercury all the time and not just genetic all the time. However unlike a broken leg autism is probably the end product of a few things going wrong within the child.

I agree with the previous posters that an absolutist view is very off putting. That goes for both mainstream and alternative.

srinath

Actually

Postby srinath » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:47 pm

BTDT wrote:
That is like saying a broken leg in some cases is a broken leg and in some cases its not.

So are you saying there is only one way to break your leg?

In reality yes ... however you'll present auto accident and falling off a building as 2 separate ways you can do it ...
However ... you exceed the elastic and plastic limits of stress on your particular location and what is transmitted to the bone ... and its history ...
However ... you dont call a broken bone a head ache do you ... yea you call it fracture, or separation or what not ... but one is a fracture only and not a separation and another is a separation and not a fracture ... doesn't happen ...

This is not an extremist view ... and why would it offend anyone ...
We agree that there is only 3 options ...
We accepted one and its been disproved ... mathematically its proved the opposite ... or given the opposite huge odds ... agreed this is more set theory than probability ... but we are in a situation ...
And Then there were 2 ...
And sorry guys ... mercury should actually be substituted with metals and other toxic substances ... the cases Rlneub alluded to even in the absence of mercury do need mention.

LM - I agree that in your face attitude from your DAN may have put you off, as is your dan being a Drama frill (albeit a Kirkmans and other stores shill)... Id say its time to find a new DAN ... however you know your son isn't mercury toxic ... so you might want to stay where you are ... :wink:

I can understand how Dr N wants to present an open mind to people just like you ... and I would also be put off by someone pushing some angle in the case of my son ... but deep down I know the conclusion ... I am letting the doctors go with what they see to a conclusion ... they need to evaluvate with all open possibilities ...

In any case time will tell ... but of course to thwart me and several others ... CDC will sneak in a new name and sub divide the ASD array and endlessly confuse us till we dont know which side is up.
Cool.
Srinath.

Once again no cutting and pasting this post.

LittleManzParents

Postby LittleManzParents » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:00 pm

Again it is important to look at causation in a dynamic, developmental framework. The symptoms of autism, such as self-absorption and difficulty with emotional signaling and creative and abstract reasoning, may well lie along a pathway having many different sources. As an analogy, consider a fever or an inflammatory reaction such as swelling. We know that many different causes can lead to fever or inflamation -- both are among the body's limited number of responses to an infinite range of challenges. The mind (and the brain) may work in a similar fashion. It, too, may have a limited range of responses to a variety of challenges. . .
Stanley I Greenspan, MD

livsparents

Postby livsparents » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:11 pm

The real question should be is all mercury autism...

Winnie

Postby Winnie » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:20 pm

Ok I surrender. Pass the bong.
Winnie
"Make it a powerful memory, the happiest you can remember."

livsparents

Postby livsparents » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:39 pm

DUUUUUUDE! :P I drive a Mercury! Does that ,like, cause or cure autism?

ROTFL Winnie!

rlneub

Postby rlneub » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:04 pm

srinath,

Amazing how you have all the answers. The majority of the docs we work with think autism comes from a variety of sources. I guess that after treating 1,000's of ASD kids that they are to dense to realize that ALL autism is mercury. Nice of you to enlighten them to this.

Return to “Autism Articles, Studies & Politics”